Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 23 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
It's also hard to beat penrith when they are apparently perfect.

Clear holding down from Salmon after that break from Wishart... was 4th tackle and the ref doesn't give it a six again.

Storm then had to panic for 2 plays instead of having a fresh set inside the 20m

Yep they are going to be tough to beat but whoever wants to has to come breathing fire from the outset and be willing to give away penalties and six agains to slow them down. The defense has to be in their face all night.

Yep they are going to be tough to beat but whoever wants to has to come breathing fire from the outset and be willing to give away penalties and six agains to slow them down. The defense has to be in their face all night.
Big risk with this will be getting binned for doing it on your own line. I agree though, forwards have to absolutely bash Penrith to be any chance

Usually teams going for back to back look like they are running on empty. This team is going for 3 straight and look like they have more in the tank then every side combined. It's amazing.

I so wish we didn't have the mental inability to play Melbourne because they are there for a flogging this year if we turn up. Unfortunately, form guide never matters because we never beat them.
Surely they're watching how average they are this year and aren't scared of them anymore?

They play soo boring, 1 out passing looking for the extra defender to commit so they have the winger free.

I think a well timed jam could completely nullify that though, also putting huge hits on the player trying to attract the defenders will make them 2nd guess that ****.
Instant penalty to Penrith.

Cogger vs Dolphins... last minute for a nothing play to try and give dolphins a sniff from memory
32nd Minute. Yep.
Crichton vs raiders... no idea can't remember
29th Minute. Score was 12-0 to Penrith. Scrum infringement and Raiders were able to get 6 points back.
Kenny vs Parra... can't remember
81st Minute. Scores level at 16-16. Eels had already lost Paulo and Panthers were able to level up from Paulo.
Leniu vs rorters... when he was having a water fight with JWH
72nd Minute (Roosters also lost JWH). Score was 28-6 to Penrith.
Soni Luke vs Tigers... no idea
68th Minute. Tigers lost Naden at 16th Minute to sin bin. 8-12 to Tigers at 68 Minutes.
Peach vs sharks last week... swinging arm high shot on the winger
58th Minute. Was already 22-0.

Penrith are a force, but they just play smart footy. They are high on confidence. The refs see it the way Annesley put it "good teams are just better" or whatever, so they don't get pinged as much. All other teams (especially Broncos coming back from a spoon) are more likely to be infringing, but the reality is that all teams make mistakes and push the rules. The difference is the validation bias the Panthers get. It boosts their confidence, the refs just see a good team, can do no wrong, Panthers get an extra leg.

I think this is why they struggled in the WCC, and early against Brisbane. The refs weren't in that confirmation bias mindset, didn't give those leg-ups. Panthers had to work harder, but they weren't there yet. They've unfortunately got back all their confidence. They go out, do their job and it wins games. It frustrates teams and screws them psychologically. They see an inverse/ negative spiral to what Penrith have had for the past 4-5 years or so.

Surely they're watching how average they are this year and aren't scared of them anymore?
Storm were down five top players tonight. Plus, they were playing Penrith who are very good. You should never discount a Bellache-coached team. They will bounce back, and while they are probably not good enough to beat Penrith, unless the 'Riff have a few injuries to key players, Melbourne can beat any other team imo and will be semi-finalists this season.

Storm were down five top players tonight. Plus, they were playing Penrith who are very good. You should never discount a Bellache-coached team. They will bounce back, and while they are probably not good enough to beat Penrith, unless the 'Riff have a few injuries to key players, Melbourne can beat any other team imo and will be semi-finalists this season.

Well if they play us at any point during the finals - chalk down to a win for them.

It's pretty wild to see the amount of down-votes over anyone calling for Luai's sin-bin. In light of the Valentine Holmes, Nathan Brown & Moeaki Fotuaika decisions.

Just another protected species.

It's pretty wild to see the amount of down-votes over anyone calling for Luai's sin-bin. In light of the Valentine Holmes, Nathan Brown & Moeaki Fotuaika decisions.

Just another protected species.

It was high and forceful contact to the head. They are the only two criteria, Luai's tackle satisfied those criteria, he should have been binned. It really is that simple.

Do I think it was necessarily a bin offence, well probably not - but that's not the point. I also don't agree with half of the bins this year, but it is what it is. Except when it's not, which more often than not happens to be the likes of JWH, NAS, Luai...

It was high and forceful contact to the head. They are the only two criteria, Luai's tackle satisfied those criteria, he should have been binned. It really is that simple.

Do I think it was necessarily a bin offence, well probably not - but that's not the point. I also don't agree with half of the bins this year, but it is what it is. Except when it's not, which more often than not happens to be the likes of JWH, NAS, Luai...
I can't agree with Luke Patten and his co-horts interpretation of the tackle either. It was a shoulder charge directly to the head. At best it was a Grade 1 and should have been a 3 week suspension. How they can only deem it a Grade 1 Careless is ridiculous.

It goes back to what Ivan said about a smaller player on a bigger player. The criteria is ridiculous and creates this bias towards smaller players because they're going to be less likely to cause injury than bigger players. I also can't imagine them being able to create as much force as bigger players.

It's like Nathan Cleary's 2021 shoulder charge all over again.

So this is on report, no penalty, Grade 1 Careless:
index.php

This is a send-off and a Grade 2 Careless:
View attachment 23322

Its simply not his go, Luai the upstanding member of the NRL along with NAS and JWH. Can consider himself hard done by to be fined.

I watched the Fotuaika tackle a few times and it looks like he was just bracing for the tackle to me. He tackles him front on but the blokes head just seemed to line up with his shoulder.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11