Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 23 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I hope people see how much one player (Luke Brooks) makes to a very ordinary Tigers. They were getting absolutely lapped without him. He'll be a godsend for Manly.
I have watched a few games of Brooks this year and i think he will be very good for Manly.

Nate Myles - Assistant to the coach not Assistant Coach
Season 4 Dwight GIF by The Office

I have no idea what he actually said, but Wighton was charged with a grade 1 contrary conduct for questioning the integrity of the ref. It's his 3rd such charge and will get a $3k with the Early guilty plea

I have no idea what he actually said, but Wighton was charged with a grade 1 contrary conduct for questioning the integrity of the ref. It's his 3rd such charge and will get a $3k with the Early guilty plea

Yeah but he gets the media didn’t blow up about it discount.

Someone said a Tigers player threw a ball at an official?
I wasn't sure if it was at an official, but Daine Laurie threw a temper tantrum and threw the ball over the sideline when the ref didn't give his team a fresh set of six part-way through the second half.

It was actually a good call from the officials too. Laurie grubbered into Wighton, Wighton didn't extend the foot or show any intent to play at it, so when Laurie dove on it and was tackled it was a turn-over. Laurie got up mouthing off and was marched.

I wasn't sure if it was at an official, but Daine Laurie threw a temper tantrum and threw the ball over the sideline when the ref didn't give his team a fresh set of six part-way through the second half.

It was actually a good call from the officials too. Laurie grubbered into Wighton, Wighton didn't extend the foot or show any intent to play at it, so when Laurie dove on it and was tackled it was a turn-over. Laurie got up mouthing off and was marched.

Would have been interesting to see if anything came up on the microphone. I wonder if our detectives at FoxSports will release the audio?

No audio from Hynes. Limited audio from other players swearing at the refs since Walsh. I doubt we'll hear anything from this either. Maybe I'm being too cynical?

On the NRL website the have a video clip with the top 10 plays from round 23 ... the number 8 best play of the weekend was the Raiders try that Annesley just admitted the refs ****ed up by not calling a forward pass from Wighton

Anusley has now said that, due to the number of dangerous high tackles (and therefore sin bins & send-offs), teams and players have all been warned to lower their targets, or there will be consequences.

I'm just sweating on a silly high tackle from one of our guys that is now going to get massive media scrutiny and we'll lose someone important for an extended period.

Anusley has now said that, due to the number of dangerous high tackles (and therefore sin bins & send-offs), teams and players have all been warned to lower their targets, or there will be consequences.

I'm just sweating on a silly high tackle from one of our guys that is now going to get massive media scrutiny and we'll lose someone important for an extended period.

It’s just stupid. Not all high shots are equal. If a player is upright and the defender launches off the ground, that should be a sin bin / send off but if a player is falling / ducking, that shouldn’t be a sin bin.

It’s just stupid. Not all high shots are equal. If a player is upright and the defender launches off the ground, that should be a sin bin / send off but if a player is falling / ducking, that shouldn’t be a sin bin.

Makes too much sense to implement.

To be honest, in light of the CTE stuff, anything high and with force does need to be binned. It's the only way to get it out of the game. You can't tell a player in his '40s that can't remember what he did yesterday that "yeah but you were falling at the time".

Players should aim for the waist or lower chest. Or they start rewarding a one-defender legs tackle. How they do that I don't know, because you should be rewarded for isolating one defender and dominating for a quick PTB.

To be honest, in light of the CTE stuff, anything high and with force does need to be binned. It's the only way to get it out of the game. You can't tell a player in his '40s that can't remember what he did yesterday that "yeah but you were falling at the time".

Players should aim for the waist or lower chest. Or they start rewarding a one-defender legs tackle. How they do that I don't know, because you should be rewarded for isolating one defender and dominating for a quick PTB.

Sure but if a player IS falling at a rate of knots and if he hadn't, he would have been hit in the chest / stomach, a defending player cannot break the laws of physics. I have been saying this for a while now, the NRL is penalising / sinbinning / suspending players who literally could not have done anything different because physically, they cannot react quick enough to change. There has to be an understanding of reality with these decisions. It is a contact sport, players will get hit in the head from time to time. If you want to disobey the laws of physics, then league cannot be played. There has to be some common sense.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8