Round 23 - Non Manly Games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I admit GI would've looked OK in a Manly jersey if the cards had been dealt differently (NOT instead of Snake, of course).

Am just wondering what Madge will do with Sutton when he's fit now??

G'night nicci, g'night Mark...G'night John-Boy...lol.

The Rabbits confidence is sky high at the moment. They are an extremely well drilled team. Their backs are way better than their previous recent incarnations. Their forwards are scarily strong and fit. They are getting away with laying all over the other team in every tackle without penalty. They play dirty. Buggered if I know how to beat them. Over to you Tooves.

Rabs just said souths are the least penalized team in the comp. How? Grubs they are

When GI is on his game he is damn near unstoppable, though Snake showed last week it can be done.

Merritt may be the clubs all-time leading try scorer, but Jackson is a definite improvement. He can score tries as well as Merritt did and he's not as much of a turnstile in defence. Keary has got talent, but he's a cat and a grub.

They are beatable, we have proved that once already this year. Part of the problem right now is the free ride they are getting from the pinkos. They're getting away with murder out there while their opponents are getting penalised for the slightest infringement of the rules.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
The Rabbits confidence is sky high at the moment. They are an extremely well drilled team. Their backs are way better than their previous recent incarnations. Their forwards are scarily strong and fit. They are getting away with laying all over the other team in every tackle without penalty. They play dirty. Buggered if I know how to beat them. Over to you Tooves.

Yep the most important part is they have decent backs now, Walker and Johnston have that extra x-factor that they have been missing in previous years. If Manly play their best footy we can match it with them everywhere except in the forwards where they are clearly stronger, As you said over to you Tooves.

RiverEagle said:
Yeah I admit GI would've looked OK in a Manly jersey if the cards had been dealt differently (NOT instead of Snake, of course).

what about me RE,I have feelings to you know,lol

Roger_Ramjet said:
Barba has certainly lost a lot of form since his Dally award year.

Apart from his ankle injury and his 'personal life' which are often trotted out as excuses, other teams have simply worked him out. They figured out how to shut him down at fullback, and now he's playing in the halves again he simply doesn't have the room to move.

He will need to adapt and put more unpredictability into his game or he's going to be just another flash in the pan. Its Ewan McGrady all over again.

Granted the Vermin are a'hoppin' and it will take one hell of a team, a very good team to tame em.

Fortunately that's Manly!

(Just about put a line through the Bronx now. They'd have to win all 3 of their last games, and 1 is the Scum).

Start planning for Wayne's World 2015-style, Brisbane.

master blaster said:
RiverEagle said:

what about me RE,I have feelings to you know,lol

G'night MB, and just to save time...

Goodnight to everyone tucking in early!

:D

I hear there is big news regarding some Sydney team involving the salary 'cap'. Also we might be picking up a big name thanks to that problem...it could be true or BS but we'll have to wait till tomorrow to see what this is all about,

14,092 crowd last night to cheer the Pride of The League whith the best #1, #8 :sleepy:

'Rabbids Fans don't travel', the missing screeching DT headlines today :cool:

Talking to someone who is mates with the titans ticket and marketing man and he is always amazed when nein say that the titans crowds are 12500 when they are 10,000 at best. So even though they were cough tout inflating numbers a few years ago it seems it still going on.

And there didn't look anything like 14k on TV last night!

Will be interesting now to see what crowd turns up tonight, Dogs/Eels...

And what the official figure gets trotted out.

Come on you Squeels, do em doggy-style!

RiverEagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Souths are playing damn good footy, don't understand why everyone is getting so put out by people saying so

I personally think they are peaking too early, but you would be stupid to deny they are the form side of the comp at the moment.

"Peaking" or hitting their straps with 4 weeks til the finals is hardly "peaking too soon".

It's the perfect time to step it up and make a run for the minor premiership, and then at the title.

I just believe we're the one team that can match em on the big stage next month.

And I am giving em credit (as much as it ails me!)

I'd rather have my team at top for 3 games leading into the GF rather than peaking 8 weeks out from it

We have made an artform out of dropping down between rounds 18-24 and then slowly turning up the wick

Kiwi Eagle said:
RiverEagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Souths are playing damn good footy, don't understand why everyone is getting so put out by people saying so

I personally think they are peaking too early, but you would be stupid to deny they are the form side of the comp at the moment.

"Peaking" or hitting their straps with 4 weeks til the finals is hardly "peaking too soon".

It's the perfect time to step it up and make a run for the minor premiership, and then at the title.

I just believe we're the one team that can match em on the big stage next month.

And I am giving em credit (as much as it ails me!)

I'd rather have my team at top for 3 games leading into the GF rather than peaking 8 weeks out from it

We have made an artform out of dropping down between rounds 18-24 and then slowly turning up the wick
I keep saying to other Manly fans I know,we tend to get a bit sloppy toward the ends of the rounds,and when the semi,s come,we then flick the switch,and then we power on

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6