Round 25 - When Des Hasler became Trent Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

47MVEagle

Bencher
I'm just happy to have a team to support that has been competitive for the majority of this season & has never given up.

I think our boys are tired from a season of overachieving that has been cruelled by unfortunate injuries.

I'm looking forward to seeing how we go next week (with no great expectations) but I'm looking forward to next season even more!

Gees man. Comparing Des to Barrett is a bit mean! Just sayin!
I can understand it was a nothing game really as 5th or 6th makes no real difference so ok to experiment a few things. We'll get more of an idea this week about what Des is thinking but some of the decisions last week were questionable. Last chance this week so time to make a few tough calls around players not performing ie Api, suli and the Walker 5/8 experiment

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Let’s hope we get the real Des this weekend, not the round 25 one!!
Even them that won’t save us
We are just now sitting ducks
Crowd next weekend will back up my claim..going to very below expectations.
Lucky if we get 10,000

Last edited:
I can understand it was a nothing game really as 5th or 6th makes no real difference so ok to experiment a few things. We'll get more of an idea this week about what Des is thinking but some of the decisions last week were questionable. Last chance this week so time to make a few tough calls around players not performing ie Api, suli and the Walker 5/8 experiment
Agree! But Des = Barrett 2.0 !!!! Where did we finish last year? That’s worse than comparing a coach to Peter sharp ! Just sayin

susan

Bencher
Even them that won’t save us
We are just now sitting ducks
Crowd next weekend will back up my claim..going to very below expectations.
Lucky if we get 10,000
I agree we will struggle to compete but I doubt that attendance.. I’m heading down from GC and know quite a few Manly supporters doing the same.
We had better hope you are not right because we will never host another one if Greenturd sees that attendance.
I think we will get 15 to 17k. The boys deserve that and I think they’ll get it.

Oracle

Eagles win 2019 GF
Dessie had an absolute Clanger with his approach to the game tonight.

To put Elliot on the wing and Reuben at fullback was a terrible decision, and the first reason why they lost. Why would you put these guys out of position in the final game before the finals?.- laughable, and they were clearly found out by three very simple tries to The Fijian beast on the wing.

The second decision, which was just as bad was to move away from the middle corrider and play this bull**** structure around Walker all night. Every play was two passes backward (losing over 10 metres) before anyone ran forward. How many times today did we finish on the 40 metre line on tackle 5!. Even Fainu was lost half the time because when he ran out of dummy half there was no one around him. They were all 10-15 metres back in formation. What is that rubbish?. I was screaming at the TV all game. What happened to some good tough hit ups and support around the middle corridor?. It seemed to work great all year, but now all of the sudden Walker is receiving the ball flat footed trying to dodge around players in front of him. This guy has no standing start skills he is most effective when players are pushing up and the line is moving forward.

Dessie had a real stinker in planning strategy for tonight’s game, and they got well and truly burned because of it.

NYEagle
One minute gushing !!
nek minute....back stabbing
Sounds like your narrative has been bubbling away under the surface in spite of Des’s recent good work
Considering our injury circumstances and the form of our chief playmaker slash chief right side defensive organiser (100% leaking tries through Chez side hasn’t gone unnoticed by opposition coaches for sure) your way off the mark.
Your premature review sounds like something Finchy would spurt out :sick:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Not defending Barrett but we did finish 6th the year before under him.

Putting things in perspective ....

The year before under him was the Year he was under the Football head of operations the Incomparable Immortal .

Also the year before under him we were not snowed under by the heavy injury list we had this year

The year last year when he decided to fly solo we saw what exactly he was capable of

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13