Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 5 2023 Cross Forum Chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
8215.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Morkel - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2013
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
I hate Melbourne, it's good to see that they have "developed" Coates as the media claimed they would:

• Still useless in the air despite having a decent jump.
  • Still a liability in defence most games.
  • Still offers nothing on exit sets as he is often manhandled.
  • Still fast though!

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png

10164.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]IceWorks - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 10, 2019
We have some very interesting discussions about conspiracy theories on our board. Most of us think it isn't a conspiracy but just plain incompetence. There seems to be some interesting data out there in terms of penalties awarded / given and which teams tend to be favoured more than others. There does seem to be a bias toward certain teams and you won't be surprised to hear two of them are Penrith and North Queensland. In fact, the Cows have been reaping benefits from the NRL for years, least penalised team and receive the softest draw year in, year out with most penalties awarded.
Well that game the Cowboys beat the Tigers after the buzzer last year, the Feldt swan dive, that was a gift of a game… would still like to see some stats though, every home team probably gets some juice.

[/st_td_row][st_td]scobie - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 31, 2017
I hate Melbourne, it's good to see that they have "developed" Coates as the media claimed they would:

• Still fast though!
Was actually thinking about this during the game. But the main thought was, would he be any better if he had stayed in Brisbane? And honestly, I don't think so. He's a fairly one dimensional player. Not a metre eater. Not a smart defender. Gun finisher. Don't think he'll ever be more than he is now.

8187.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Organix - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 19, 2012
75.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Defence - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
REACTIONS: 25,553

I thought Annesleys press conference during the week was very curious- talking up all the close games as if the refs deserved credit for it?

I saw that too, and I found it a complete "mask off" moment. The NRL seems to be manufacturing close games with target being within 12 points for as long as possible til end of game. Closest comp ever!

[/st_td_row][st_td]Warriorshopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 23, 2022
REACTIONS: 1,039
Have to say I really really hate the way the Storm play. Literally do anything to get an edge, running into players on purpose, always laying in tackles holding down players to slow the play and somehow getting away with it.

Would love it if they missed the 8 this year.

2021.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kimlo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 25, 2008
[/st_td_row][st_td]Warriorshopeful - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 23, 2022
REACTIONS: 1,039

Have to say I really really hate the way the Storm play. Literally do anything to get an edge, running into players on purpose, always laying in tackles holding down players to slow the play and somehow getting away with it.

Would love it if they missed the 8 this year.

They're the biggest ****s of the league. I'll always cheer who ever is playing them.

Bellamy missing the 8 in his final year would be like dulcet tones to my heart.

8255.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]LittleDavey - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2013
Well that game the Cowboys beat the Tigers after the buzzer last year, the Feldt swan dive, that was a gift of a game… would still like to see some stats though, every home team probably gets some juice.
Come on over

75.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Defence - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 9, 2012
REACTIONS: 25,557
8255.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]LittleDavey - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2013

Come on over

Interesting- so in the 28 years the warriors have been in the comp we’ve only been on the positive side of the annual penalty ledger 7 times…
And we’re the most penalized side this year.
Interestingly I don’t really hear people on our forum complain about the penalties much- it’s the 6 agains that does our heads in.

8255.jpg
75.jpg
REACTIONS: 25,557

Interesting- so in the 28 years the warriors have been in the comp we’ve only been on the positive side of the annual penalty ledger 7 times…
Interestingly I don’t really hear people on our forum complain about the penalties much- it’s the 6 agains that does our heads in.

And the 6 agains aren't logged anywhere that I can find. I would suggest they may be even more damning than the official penalty stats but without evidence, there's zero proof unfortuantely.

9291.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Del - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 22, 2017

• Still fast though!

That banana kick he did last night for Munster to score off was pretty skilful .
Agreed he is built like Tarzan but plays like Jane when rucking out of his quarter .

9291.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Del - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 22, 2017
it’s the 6 agains that does our heads in.

The obvious ones kinda OK .
Some are like WTF was that for ??

REACTIONS: 1,042
Interestingly I don’t really hear people on our forum complain about the penalties tooo much- it’s the 6 agains that does our heads in.
Also since 1980 the only teams with a bigger overall negative are the bulldogs, roosters (who made it part of their game plan close to the line) and the bears (who they wanted rid of).
You're saying we were 4th on the ladder after 4 rounds with the worst penalty count for the year? Bugger can't use the ref excuse anymore... haha.

4775.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wizards rage - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2016
REACTIONS: 21,924
Interestingly I don’t really hear people on our forum complain about the penalties tooo much- it’s the 6 agains that does our heads in.
Also since 1980 the only teams with a bigger overall negative are the bulldogs, roosters (who made it part of their game plan close to the line) and the bears (who they wanted rid of).
Just look at recent history, say from 2018 since the Kearney era -

2018: pf 201/ pa 214 difference -13
2019: 159/ 197 -38
2020: 107/ 119 -12
2021: 91/ 105 -14
2022: 155/ 137 +18
2023: 17/ 23 -6

Total pen for: 730
Pen against: 795
And where statistically where it should all average out where sitting at -65 in just over 5 years
Or we get 8.2% less than expected.

P.S. one year when I checked, the 2 games against the top 2 teams where we lost by about 50 points each time we happened to win those penalty counts by about 12-2 each. That’s how you even up penalty counts across a season by using irrelevant games to even up stats while you get screwed is the games against close teams that actually determine your ladder position.

Also, the way to manipulate games are with non penalty 50/50 decisions which there are about 10 per game - errors (dropped balls, knock ons, forward passes) bunker calls (50/50 try groundings, held up judgement calls, over the line or short), 6 agains (offside, holding down time), etc. These are in addition to penalties. Give all the 50/50 calls calls almost all one way and you completely change the game while it’s impossible to claim a bias because by there nature they are defendable simply as 50/50 calls with human judgement.

Smash em bro

75.jpg
REACTIONS: 25,560
Also there’s someone (wish I could remember who it was) that’s been harping on for years about cronulla always getting the rub of the green and this seems to actually back that up- a whopping +543 in their favor!

4775.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wizards rage - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2016
REACTIONS: 21,929
Wtf was the fullback doing???

Smash em bro

4775.jpg
REACTIONS: 21,930
Didn’t want a missed tackle going on his stats 🤣

Smash em bro

455.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Jay M - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 25, 2012
REACTIONS: 8,045
Wtf was the fullback doing???
I was literally just about to write those exact words!

Walsh defended better than that effort for us last season...

515.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Juju - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .November 8, 2012
REACTIONS: 8,095
I've never ever seen a full back that gun shy.

This looks like it could be a big one for Manly.

This looks like it could be a big one for Manly.
I spoke too soon Knights starting to play well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4