Cross-Forum-Discussion Round 8 cross forum chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

The Tuilagi no try against the Dragons.

I can live with that decision from the bunker, I actually think they made the right call.

When you look at it frame by frame, at first he has both hands on the ball. Then his right hand comes away from the ball. Then his left hand starts to come away, but because part of his left hand is under the ball, it doesn't come away completely and he's still got fingers on the ball as he grounds it. But he was losing control.

View attachment 18167
View attachment 18168
View attachment 18169
View attachment 18170

I guess the question you ask, can you say that's downward pressure?

An issue you have is, the ref said try so did the bunker have enough evidence to overturn it? It was very much a 50/50 call, and unfortunately it didn't go Tigers way.

The Cobbo try was a bit different. Cobbo had control of the ball and has both hands on the ball when he grounds it and has fingers on top of the ball.

I'd call that a try. Though he may of been in the process of losing it, there was never any separation so that's a try for mine. No separation, ball touches ground while in contact with the hand, that's a try.

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png

9518.jpg
Jedhead - broncoshq.com

I'd call that a try. Though he may of been in the process of losing it, there was never any separation so that's a try for mine. No separation, ball touches ground while in contact with the hand, that's a try.
I would absolutely filthy if they took that off us as well.

And always remember if your life seems dull and dreary..................it is!

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

At the Ponga extension announcement, no one really looked like they wanted to be there and definitely no one looked happy. This is going to end in tears and most likely, Ponga at the Roosters.

75.jpg
Defence - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 20,028

In the round 8 general discussion thread I put this to the Broncos fans-

As a warriors fan I’m interested to know the broncos fans opinion on the sharks?
U guys seemed to have the formula- we got them next week.

One of the replies I got was from big pete who seems pretty onto it.

The other night it appeared that the Sharks really wanted to try and play the Broncos around the edges which traditionally has been a strong suit of the Broncos. Usually it was because the Broncos could sweep, but instead they employed an up and in to shut down Talakai which put Cronulla on the back-foot. It actually took the Broncos nearly the entire half to capitilise on it, but they were able to enjoy some success by targeting Talakai and later on Nicho Hynes.

Cronulla were underdone themselves. It appears Will Kennedy is playing injured and isn't running freely at all. As well as Haas did to cover him, Kennedy should have made far more ground than he did during that period. The decision to inject Graham into the contest also backfired on them as well. Graham is a really handy player when he can play direct and feed good ball to Mulitalo. The other night, he was getting the ball running sideways from Hynes and by the time he'd shape to pass Cobbo had the space covered.

If Wilton was on his game, it would have exposed the Broncos right edge which is vulnerable. Teams are finding a lot of success targeting Riki and either breaking through or creating numbers down the blind but Cronulla tended to go one pass too many.

They remind me a lot of the Broncos in that for all their strengths, they also have plenty of weaknesses so if you can target their back three with incisive kicks or get Egan and Tevaga asking questions around the ruck before getting Aitken etc. charging at their halves. It's just about making them uncomfortable if you can do that they'll wilt.

8215.jpg
Morkel - broncoshq.com

75.jpg
Defence - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 20,028

In the round 8 general discussion thread I put this to the Broncos fans-

As a warriors fan I’m interested to know the broncos fans opinion on the sharks?
U guys seemed to have the formula- we got them next week.

One of the replies I got was from big pete who seems pretty onto it.

The other night it appeared that the Sharks really wanted to try and play the Broncos around the edges which traditionally has been a strong suit of the Broncos. Usually it was because the Broncos could sweep, but instead they employed an up and in to shut down Talakai which put Cronulla on the back-foot. It actually took the Broncos nearly the entire half to capitilise on it, but they were able to enjoy some success by targeting Talakai and later on Nicho Hynes.

Cronulla were underdone themselves. It appears Will Kennedy is playing injured and isn't running freely at all. As well as Haas did to cover him, Kennedy should have made far more ground than he did during that period. The decision to inject Graham into the contest also backfired on them as well. Graham is a really handy player when he can play direct and feed good ball to Mulitalo. The other night, he was getting the ball running sideways from Hynes and by the time he'd shape to pass Cobbo had the space covered.

If Wilton was on his game, it would have exposed the Broncos right edge which is vulnerable. Teams are finding a lot of success targeting Riki and either breaking through or creating numbers down the blind but Cronulla tended to go one pass too many.

They remind me a lot of the Broncos in that for all their strengths, they also have plenty of weaknesses so if you can target their back three with incisive kicks or get Egan and Tevaga asking questions around the ruck before getting Aitken etc. charging at their halves. It's just about making them uncomfortable if you can do that they'll wilt.

Generally, once Big Pete has had his say, there's not much the rest of us can add. +1 to his comments, the caveat being you need a fair share of possession otherwise they will tire you quickly and any plans you have are out the window.

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png

8536.jpg
Super Freak - broncoshq.com

Warriors will need to fix their completion rates first.

If they don't do that, it won't matter what they do, Sharks will annihilate them.

1412667335.png

God help me Ive picked the Bronco’s to beat the Wabbits this weekend , am I dreaming ??

Last edited:
God help me Ive picked the Bronco’s to beat the Wabbits this weekend , am I dreaming ??
You may be - especially if Broncos players go missing because of altercations with someone named 'Sheridan':

8423.jpg
Sproj - broncoshq.com

Shades of Dave Taylor's black eye?

8972.jpg
GKDonkey - broncoshq.com

So he blew something out and had a towel?

848.jpg
ramps - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 2,770

I dont get the whole hate on lodge taking the dive! weve been robbed of soo many close losses through effd up reffing biases since forever. About damn time we stood up and stole a win for once.

Weve been wanting aussie players been brought through the aussie system and there you go. Win at all costs attitude. Imagine the **** the ref also would have got if he let that tackle carry on as normal and we lose.

I thought we were mud but that win surprised me. Had a chance to think about it over the last couple days. When was the last time we actually “cheated” to win? 😂 Weve been far too humble.

Sorry if its already been said. Couldnt read through the whole 30 pages lol

Nathan Browns' Consultant

4734.jpg
Aman - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 10,481

NRL just told the refs that if you rule in favour of the warriors regardless whether the call is right or wrong you will be punished.

Steve Chetty who gave the matt lodge penalty has just been stood down.

Un****ingbelievable.

4461.jpg
Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 2,816

NRL just told the refs that if you rule in favour of the warriors regardless whether the call is right or wrong you will be punished.

Un****ingbelievable.
How many times have we have been robbed by a ref and nothing was done!

4734.jpg
Aman - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 10,482

The media coverage on this one call has been unprecedented!

I cant believe they suspended him. It was ****ing high! It wasn't even a bad call and at worst it was 50/50. How can you suspend him?? Basically telling the refs you can **** up as much as you want as long as its against the warriors and not for

75.jpg
Defence - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 20,047

Un****ingbelievable.
Tbf maybe it was because he didn’t send wighton for the spear tackle, rapana for the shoulder charge or tapine for the eye gauge?

1769.jpg
Foordy - broncoshq.com

4461.jpg
Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 2,816

trust me we know the feeling

75.jpg
Defence - nzwarriors.com

Tbf maybe it was because he didn’t send wighton for the spear tackle, rapana for the shoulder charge or tapine for the eye gauge?

reported that it was the Lodge incident that got Chiddy axed

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION

75.jpg
Defence - nzwarriors.com

1769.jpg
Foordy - broncoshq.com

trust me we know the feeling

reported that it was the Lodge incident that got Chiddy axed

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION
I was just joking- I know it was because we won.
He won’t do it again….

Canonball - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 130

The media coverage on this one call has been unprecedented!

I cant believe they suspended him. It was ****ing high! It wasn't even a bad call and at worst it was 50/50. How can you suspend him?? Basically telling the refs you can **** up as much as you want as long as its against the warriors and not for
That’s crazy - it was high, a fair call - also I can’t be the first to say it but even if that wasn’t blown it did look like we were about to cross the line in that set, the raiders were out and we were making metres easily … I was a bit f***ed off we didn’t score and get it in regular time

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11