RTS- Tom Replacement? (Nope)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I agree with you about the explosion of short term contracts and "loan" players I think it is BS as well and against the spirit of competition and attrition.

In the context of compensations for a player being injured whilst playing rep games I think it's fair, if he didn't play he would not have been injured so the club should get the option to replace like with like.
Just my 2 cents
Yeah, I get what you're saying but there is just something fundamentally wrong with getting a player from another Club to play for a few weeks with your club. The player is essentially a sub contracted player that has no connection to the club other than money. And I also get that a lot people on ST feel we have players on long term contracts that behave like that and so there's not much difference. I guess I'm just too old school where I think injuries happen to all clubs and they should be addressed from within. I'd rather give a next level player an opportunity than bring in someone that is probably struggling at the club they are currently at anyway (RTS aside given he's been playing rugby).

Having said that, this story about Fainu being offered up (and possible Samuela leaving with him) causes me much greater concern, coz I see them as the future of the club. But anyway .........

The player is essentially a sub contracted player that has no connection to the club other than money
Its more first grade opportunity than me if they are only being loaned out for the rest of the year. The Cowboys FB who debuted there earlier this year against the Warriors was decent! Taine Tuaupiki did well in his time in first grade as well. Who knows, they might really want to stay long term. But yeah with Turbo there its pretty much the same scenario at their own respective clubs. Its pretty much a short term deal and the only thing the player will be gaining is first grade experience. You wont get any established FB for that.

Yeah, I get what you're saying but there is just something fundamentally wrong with getting a player from another Club to play for a few weeks with your club. The player is essentially a sub contracted player that has no connection to the club other than money.
That is not the case and has not been the case where sub contracted players do not build a connection with the club they play for and only play for the money

That is not the case and has not been the case where sub contracted players do not build a connection with the club they play for and only play for the money
You must be quicker than I at building close relationships, Bozo. So more power to you.

Cant believe there are people who dont want RTS. Mercenary yes, but isnt that what we need.

One of the other options is Dane Laurie who hasnt been able cement a place at the Tigers despite having great utility value. I know the Tigers are our natural feeder team but lets get away from that.

Cant believe there are people who dont want RTS. Mercenary yes, but isnt that what we need.

One of the other options is Dane Laurie who hasnt been able cement a place at the Tigers despite having great utility value. I know the Tigers are our natural feeder team but lets get away from that.
It's not RTS Bob (I think he's very good) it's just the principle for me. I know it's a case of - that ship has already sailed - but I'm boring Bob.

But anyway ......

I don't understand why people would care whether RTS is a potential ongoing fixture or not...it's no different to signing Aaron Woods on a short term deal from the Dragons, when he is retiring at the end of year, it's just that RTS is actually a good player and might contribute something. I'm not kidding myself that there is a single player on our roster outside of Jake T, that cares about the club to the extend that our supporters do. They're all there for a bit of coin. That much has been made obvious in the 20+ since the game turned 'full-time professional'.

If we only signed players with the same enthusiasm for the club as our supporters, we'd have an empty team sheet each week. Be realistic people.

It's a Huge yes from me!

We could really ruffle some feathers in the final two months of the comp and actually fly into the finals on a wet sail.

Would love RTS to help us get through the year and push a finals berth. Would be a great get if they can make it happen. Reckon it’s Unlikely though. Realistically we’ll prob negotiate talau coming early which will push Garrick to fb.

For RTS to come to the NRL this year, let alone to Manly, he needs to be released by the provincial club he is contracted to, Canterbury. The provincial comp, regular season, runs to the end of September. It will be a shock to see him playing in the NRL this year.

This can still happen guys. We just need to pay him $25,000 per game. Believe me his eyes will be lighting up right now with the possibility of gaining $350,000 this year. And we are still in finals contention. He would love to play in the finals in prep for next season

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11