Rumour No. 5,483

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Another thread just stated that there is a post on Facebook that Elgey has signed with us for four years.

I'd be very pleased if we got Myles, he's the type of player I hate playing against - he gives his all and tries his guts out every week. He could be our next generation BK to mentor JTurbo, Demetriou and co.

Sezer must have a good offer to go there, so good luck to him, we really need to get our act together and pick the right guy, maybe we will be targeting Maloney now. Who can tell!
$500k a year for 3 years , they also valued Maloney should he leave the Rorters at $800k.

By the way, wouldn't surprise me if we get Elgey, but would be surprised if we got Myles / Maloney

Yes BUT as they said on Sterlo, halves are few and far between and can therefore name their own prices.
Yeah well Hodgko is apparently an option and he is injury prone and average. I could handle Elgey/Gutho to be honest. Then get some vets in around them to go with the ones we already have.

If the Raiders have signed Sezer you've got to feel a bit sorry for Blake Austin. I thought he had a great game against us last week.
Unless Austin can play in another position or Sezer plays half.

This is what our halves both new. Sezer 500k Maloney potentially 800k Hodkinson 500+k it's just the market unfortunately. What Joe and others at the club didn't seem to understand is we were going to over pay for DCE or Foz or end up over paying for a Maloney, Hodkinson or even an Elgey.
You mean there is more than one Maloney, Hodko and Elgey - and they are all halves? Are they as good as each other? If so we should be able to pick up one...

I think Nate Myles impact on a game has dropped off the face of the planet since the start of last season. I heard he played 2014 with several injuries which I suppose gives him a bit of a pass but he was apparently looking at having a big 2015 but so far this year he has been far from impressive. If he was able to recapture some of his best form I'd definitely think he's worth the risk but with the reduction in interchange numbers next year I'd want to be pretty sure he's not busted for good.

Myles would be a bad fit for Manly, no thanks, we need someone who will guide the younger fellas around. Maybe Tamou would be a better fit.

Tamou had one breakout season where he just seemed bigger and stronger than everyone else. Since then I think he's shrunk a bit and certainly no longer has the same impact. Myles these days is a tough seasoned pro who would perform each week.

I must be getting impatient for signing news!

Can he come this year? We need a roughead in the pack - NOW
He should bring his crazy Bird mate too.
I want Manly to be feared and loathed again :cool:
Yeah, you'll be very afraid if dont pay up for your coke. Always pay before the due date. that's my motto :tongueclosed:

We were told we were sure to sign Tom Burgess. That should reinforce how much credibility these rumours hold.

Not knocking Nate Myles, but if the club is going to go after a top forward then I would much rather they go after someone like Aaron Woods who is only 24 than another player on the wrong side of 30.

Not knocking Nate Myles, but if the club is going to go after a top forward then I would much rather they go after someone like Aaron Woods who is only 24 than another player on the wrong side of 30.

Exactly the same kind of thing I used to read (including from myself) when we signed Ben Kennedy, mate.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4