Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rumoured Signings

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Si link=topic=182270.msg297308#msg297308 date=1285248114]
I honestly think we could be in some strife come next season. If the injury toll from this year is anything to go by (and we do have some injury prone players) we could be scrapping the bottom of the barrel by mid season. When was the last time we signed a big name?

Jamie Lyon, Glenn Stewart, Steve Matai, Anthony Watmough and Keiran Foran are big enough for me
[/quote]
Yeah, plus add Brett Stewart and David Williams that missed this season, could class them as an addition to this years squad, and look at some of the youngsters coming through! Whare, Buhrer, Hopoate, Oldfield - all appear to have big futures, plus if they are still here next year watch for Portlock, Blanch, Stromquist, Higgins and Tasi.. all standouts in the NYC this year, despite the team not finishing the season on a high note...

We are flushed with depth in the backs ala Hoppa, Oldfield, Whare, Seu Seu. What we are short of is big forwards. That is why Tony Williams must spend the off season being prepared to move into the forwards.

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have ensured depth and versatility will be a feature of their NRL squad for 2011, with Grant Millington, Michael Lett, and Jonathon Wright all agreeing to join the Club next season.

Newcastle have bolstered their forward pack by securing the services of former North Queensland back rower Steve Southern for the 2011 NRL season.

Well I heard a rumour that we were going to be signing Neville Nobody but it fell through.

im almost certain that we wont be signing anyone ! Its all about retention and bringing through the juniors. I reckon that Des and Lowey have different thoughts. During a maori tv show about our boys they interviewed lowey and he said that hes all about the juniors coming through, but des loves the old guy he can trust, what im trying to say is that id assume des would love another forward but they can honestly not afford one, Lama Tasi was Dessies next big think and he lost him, Lowe will not budge for a signature unless it is absolutely essential for the team. Maybe im worng but i believe id is quite evident.

Hope so, he has great promise. Apparently he was plucked from obscurity as a complete unknown.

Parra = Daniel Anderson out - Stephen Kearney in

Former Eel and Dragon Mark Riddell was hopeful of retiring to Parramatta after a stint in Wigan but the club has shut the door on any potential deal. We're told the Sharks are the last possible option for "Piggy".

McGuire to return to Eels
STEELE TAYLOR | 28th September 2010

After years plying his trade in the NRL and in Super League, Kawana's Casey McGuire will return to where he made his first grade breakthrough.

McGuire, 30, will link with Parramatta next season, in a move many Eels fans hope will revive the club's premiership aspirations after its disappointing season.

McGuire made his NRL debut with the Eels in 1998.

He played two games with the club before joining the premiership-winning Brisbane Broncos and then Perpignan outfit Catalans Dragons.

Jordan Atkins signs a two year deal with Parramatta.

Also Adam Cutherbertson is set to jion Panthers

There is a strong word that we are going to add 1 year onto Chris Bailey's contract, keeping him until end of 2012.  :'(

Darren link said:
There is a strong word that we are going to add 1 year onto Chris Bailey's contract, keeping him until end of 2012.  :'(

good! the man is a genius playmaker with psychic powers

ALERT.......ALERT......you heard it first here.....GREG EASTWOOD yes GREG EASTWOOD is talking with MANLY SEA EAGLES...not commited to BULLDOGS YET.....THOUGHTS???????????

Mr Seagles Why not name every player in the nrl then you might actually get one .... oh wait manly wont sign anyone this year.

Good luck mr Seagles

I LOL at this grab from Zorba

Manly have secured the services of two international backs with speed to burn for next season.

People forget that Brett Stewart and David Williams didn’t complete one game between them in the 2010 season, and will be back in action when the side resumes training in the second week of November. Stewart is making steady progress from his second knee operation while Williams has now fully recovered from a knee reconstruction.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
I LOL at this grab from Zorba

Manly have secured the services of two international backs with speed to burn for next season.

People forget that Brett Stewart and David Williams didn’t complete one game between them in the 2010 season, and will be back in action when the side resumes training in the second week of November. Stewart is making steady progress from his second knee operation while Williams has now fully recovered from a knee reconstruction.

I thought Wolfman's was a shoulder concern? Hmmm...another knee problem in the team is a worry, with Shane Rodney on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12