Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Status
Not open for further replies.

eagles2win

Bencher
Re: Rumoured Signings

Rambo1987 link said:
[quote author=Ant80 link=topic=182270.msg303121#msg303121 date=1287533797]
James Graham is going to be having a look at a place to live in Australia. Which pretty much confirm's he's going to be playing in the NRL after 2011.
I hope Crusher has got his finger on the pulse here. Use Killa (Jamie played with James at St Helens a few years ago.
Surely we'll have some space to maneuver in the 2012 season.

Roosters have been pushing hard for and will find someway to fit him under the cap.
Manly should look at some of the Kumuls playing in the 4 nations - match payments or $50,000.00 would pick up a few of them - poor guys earn nothing in PNG.
[/quote]

Can't see the Rooster's making a play for him a lot of their player's  come off  contract next season. Including JWH, Braith Anasta etc.

Duff

Bencher

We don't need to make any stupid signings, we have all that we need at the club.

I'd hate to lose DCE or Riccardi because we signed a hack like Leului or Ox. I'd hate to have lost Lussick, Buhrer or Cunningham to keep Bailey.

What we need is a Toyota cup halfback, which I'm sure they've got signed. DCE to firsts & Riccardi to reserves, whatever that might be.

G

Rambo1987 link said:
James Graham is going to be having a look at a place to live in Australia. Which pretty much confirm's he's going to be playing in the NRL after 2011.
I hope Crusher has got his finger on the pulse here. Use Killa (Jamie played with James at St Helens a few years ago.

Roosters have been pushing hard for and will find someway to fit him under the cap.
Manly should look at some of the Kumuls playing in the 4 nations - match payments or $50,000.00 would pick up a few of them - poor guys earn nothing in PNG.
[/quote]i said the same thing rambo  they might suprise us ..

Rambo1987

Bencher

jjai link said:
[quote author=Rambo1987 link=topic=182270.msg303125#msg303125 date=1287534846]

[/quote]

The PNG players play with so much heart and would good for the club.. Maybe Manly could do a scholaship with some of the players to bring them along......

Jooe

Rambo1987 link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=182270.msg303177#msg303177 date=1287544849]

[/quote]

The PNG players play with so much heart and would good for the club.. Maybe Manly could do a scholaship with some of the players to bring them along......
[/quote]We are trying to win in a cut throat professional competition we are not running a sheltered workshop for players who try hard.None of the png players are even reserve grade standard let's be fair dinkum.

Fro

First Grader

Thats why he didnt say start them next season,
Heard of Marcus Bai, Adrian Lam, Neville Costigan, Paul Aiton, Stanley Gene.

as a development pathway i've heard far worse ideas, we pay to bring kids form the country, why not young PNG guys?

if there is one success its paid for itself, if not we are really no worse off

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member

Joe Kramer link said:
[quote author=Rambo1987 link=topic=182270.msg303179#msg303179 date=1287545574]
[quote author=jjai link=topic=182270.msg303177#msg303177 date=1287544849]

[/quote]

[/quote]We are trying to win in a cut throat professional competition we are not running a sheltered workshop for players who try hard.None of the png players are even reserve grade standard let's be fair dinkum.
[/quote]

Have you seen any of them play ?

Jooe

Fro link said:
Thats why he didnt say start them next season,
Heard of Marcus Bai, Adrian Lam, Neville Costigan, Paul Aiton, Stanley Gene.

as a development pathway i've heard far worse ideas, we pay to bring kids form the country, why not young PNG guys?

if there is one success its paid for itself, if not we are really no worse off
Adriam Lam learnt ALL his football in queensland as did Costigan.Marcus Bai is the only 1 png player who has actually come thru png. If you are seriously saying we should sign some players from png because we might develop a Aiton or Gene you have to be kidding.I can name a 1000 aussie players who are evry bit as good as those 2 and don't have a club.

Fro

First Grader

you couldn't even count to 1000 you Xenophobic piece of ****.

You dont Like Kiwis, now PNG is hopeless, is there anyone you DO like.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Sean link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=182270.msg303144#msg303144 date=1287538316]
$250k free now that Bailey is gone

Bailey signed a 3 year deal worth 500k. Still too much though
[/quote]
The newspaper report when he signed said 3 years worth estimated 465k - which means average of 155 p.a.

Jooe

Fro link said:
you couldn't even count to 1000 you Xenophobic piece of s**t.

You are cleary an idiot look up the meaning of Xenophobic you piece of **** never have I bagged a PNG person I have bagged their rugby league ability which is an opinion not  Xenophobic. Typical of people these days pull out the race card to suit them. So get a life you ass clown

Ryan

Journey Man

Fro link said:

i_dont_like_you_either_tshirt-p2351909591449319193oh6_400.jpg

EagleAngel1986

Reserve Grader

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Fro link=topic=182270.msg303203#msg303203 date=1287549555]

i_dont_like_you_either_tshirt-p2351909591449319193oh6_400.jpg

[/quote]

Haha- love the shirt!!

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader

Joe Kramer..... ,maaaateee ! i think youve almost started on everyone lately ! Hopefully this is the off season Joe, so when the season comes around we can nock back a few beers and enjoy Footy !

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

NORTH Queensland are poised to be a major beneficiary from the continuing Greg Inglis soap opera.

Despite their protests, Souths will almost certainly have to jettison a top-quality player to have any hope of fitting Inglis under the salary cap.
But the Cowboys have some cash to splash on the right Rabbitohs reject.
Souths emailed Inglis's contract to the NRL yesterday but salary cap auditor Ian Schubert needs to ratify the heavily back-ended $1.8 million deal before the Queensland State of Origin star can officially be unveiled in the myrtle and green.
Veteran prop and club captain Roy Asotasi is the most likely player to be released by the Bunnies as he is on a $400,000-plus yearly deal and Souths are well served for forwards.
The Cowboys are closely monitoring how the Inglis saga plays out and are understood to be keen on securing Asotasi's services if he leaves Redfern.
North Queensland would be unlikely to make a pitch for Inglis if the Souths deal fell over. The club is also unlikely to recruit former Broncos star Shaun Berrigan, who is returning to Australia after a stint in the British Super League with Hull.
However, the Cowboys are in the market for a forward and the giant Asotasi looms large in their sights.
Cowboys football operations manager Peter Parr was loath to identify any potential recruiting targets but said the club would be "selective".
"We are willing to hold our nerve and wait for the right player," Parr said.
Aiding North Queensland's cause is that Souths would probably still pay part of Asotasi's wage if he did move on.
Inglis's manager Alan Gainey has broken his silence on the latest furore surrounding his client. He is confident a resolution can be found between Inglis and Melbourne Storm over an outstanding $113,000 legal bill.
"Once everything is sorted we will sit down with Melbourne, and from the conversations we have had so far, I do not see there being any problems working out what we need to do to secure the release," Gainey said.
"We are just waiting now for the NRL and Souths to do their part, and once the contract has been approved then we will get to work. But at the moment we are just interested observers."
Rabbitohs chief executive Shane Richardson said it could take up to two weeks for the club to secure Inglis a release from his deal with the Storm but he remains confident of holding on to the star centre.

http://www.theburrow.net.au/current-...in-roy-asotasi

DSM5

First Grader

Why would Souths let Asotasi go if they still have his salary on their cap?

Rambo1987

Bencher

Rambo1987 link said:

[/quote]

My nephew plays with the Tigers SG Ball side and they are bragging about Graham coming in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16