Rumoured Signings 2008/2009

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Roosters want the Wolfman
ADRIAN PROSZENKO
22/02/2009 1:03:13 AM
http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/sport/roosters-want-the-wolfman/1440409.aspx

THE Sydney Roosters have emerged as a shock contender for the signature of David Williams in a blow to Manly's chances of retaining the Kangaroos winger.

Williams is off contract at the end of the season and the Sea Eagles will struggle to retain both him and fellow winger Michael Robertson. The premiers have a number of players coming off contract, including reigning Dally M winner Matt Orford, and face a delicate balancing act to retain the bulk of the squad that delivered grand final success last season.

North Queensland, South Sydney and Cronulla have been mooted as potential homess for "The Wolfman", pictured, should he not extend his stay at Brookvale, but the Roosters have a history of getting their man.

"He's a quality player and he's on the market. If he was to leave, we'd be interested," said Roosters recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan. "There's been nothing formal put to him."

The interest from the Roosters comes just months after the club released Amos Roberts from the final year of his contract to ease salary-cap pressures. Roberts subsequently took up a lucrative four-year offer to join English Super League club Wigan.

The race for Williams's services caps a remarkable rise for the 22-year-old winger. After languishing in the reserves at Parramatta, Williams has become one of the hottest players on the open market after starring in Manly's grand final triumph and Australia's World Cup campaign.

look out where F**ked now
the dogs one the comp in 2004 and since then the roosters have raped and pillaged that side.
Now its out turn

<removed by Dan - Cliffy, you know better than that>

I have no idea how they bloody do it, the roosters must have a Harry Potter style accountant that magics away extras

Bulldogs imploded due to issues in the club, relating to Noad, some senior players, a vacuum since Moore and some ugly off-field issues.

I am concerned that the current instability on the board might start to impact on us. The media keep asking the players and eventually it might trickle down to them. Players will want more money but that is only part of the issue.

The Wheel link said:
Yes reading between the lines I say that Wolfy is a gonner
it would be a hard call working out which winger to keep

on one hand u have a grand final hero who can play fullback in Snakes absence then you have a cult hero who the club can cash in on the marketing dollars.

I love the wolf but if the kid takes the big dollars and goes somewhere else i wont blame him, hes had a injury ravaged career he needs to take the money while he can.

Roosters can offer housing near Bondi?

They really can't buy any other of our players as we know the Stewarts want to stay at Manly, the rest aren't exactly high profile names. And we are close to signing there halfback?

The roosters haven't got a decent coach so who in their right mind would want to go there and have their skills decline.  Fittler hasn't got a clue.  Tell me someone who's gone there and kept up the pace?  No-one.

Thread  on MWSE has 2sm Talking Sport saying the Brett Finch is being linked to Manly.....

Thoughts

The Wheel link said:
Thread  on MWSE has 2sm Talking Sport saying the Brett Finch is being linked to Manly.....

Thoughts

I dont like the guy but he's every bit as good as borford as a ball player and he can kick further.

Read on another site Manly are chasing Dean Whare from the Dragons

Biography
Dean is an exciting centre who has great footwork. When not training Dean works with the Dragons Community team in both the St. George and Illawarra regions.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6