Run Home...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
There's no point even worrying about limping into the 8 if we're only going to lose week 1 of the finals anyway.

We need to win the next 3 matches and win them well if we want to be in any sort of shape to contend for the title this year. I am happy to chalk yesterday down to clocking off at half time, but it's not the kind of performance a premiership contender puts in. If we don't learn from it then we may as well start looking at 2018.

Don't worry they will be every bit as hard as the Tigers.

Play like today and next weeks game will have the same result.

It's been a great year but gee I hope we don't bow out without a whimper!

The Tigers have players that can put points on though whereas the Bulldogs struggle and minus Josh Reynolds if we can't beat them we have fallen off the cliff.

The Tigers have players that can put points on though whereas the Bulldogs struggle and minus Josh Reynolds if we can't beat them we have fallen off the cliff.

The first half suggested we could beat anyone, then the inconsistency comes along , as it has all year.

We are a couple of experienced hard heads short of being a threat.

I fear the next 3 weeks , greatly, all the hard work pissed up against the wall in a month.

The first half suggested we could beat anyone, then the inconsistency comes along , as it has all year.

I fear the next 3 weeks , greatly, all the hard work pissed up against the wall in a month.

Sadly I agree, did the ladder prediction and if we lose all three then we finish 10th.

Sadly ever since the panthers game we have not been the same team.

Next weeks games against the dogs has ambush all written over it.

If we do miss the 8 from here it will be a major disappointment as seeing our potential earlier on this year, beating raiders and roosters away, 2 of the best away wins I have been at live.

Agreed mate, those inconsistencies (two tries through bad defensive misses close to our goal line) are starting to become rather consistent.

I watched the warriors yesterday though and their goal line defense makes us look like the Storm.

As I said if we can't get up for the next two weeks and really put both teams to the sword, our season is done.

Look, I want to say I'm not being too critical of the team.

I predicted 12th, so IF we made the 8 ( even with a week one exit) that's far exceeeded what I thought.

They are a young , as yet not battle hardened, footy side who with experience will only get better.

I just think we are short one ( you need two in case of injury) really experienced on field leader, someone like James Graham that when he screams they listen.

I'm still of the belief we've signed someone but it won't be until after the GF that we hear, well I guess I just hope this is the case.

You can have journeymen, you can have young talent, you can have local juniors BUT nothing replaces that battle hardened " give me the ****ing ball and I'll show you how it's done, and now follow me" like we had with Ben Kennedy.

That's what this young side is missing , and until we get that I'd suggest the inconsistencies will continue.

If ever there was a game set up for a Dogs win to make them feel better about being putrid and stick the boot into Manly again, it is this one. They have lost far too many and are due a good performance. We aren't winning this week i'm afraid.

The Dogs probably have a better team on paper as well.

Don't worry, add Horo to this team and we should be favourites next year! (sarcasm)

FMD, there are quite a few holes in our team. I hope we have a few big names lined up.

Look, I want to say I'm not being too critical of the team.

I predicted 12th, so IF we made the 8 ( even with a week one exit) that's far exceeeded what I thought.

They are a young , as yet not battle hardened, footy side who with experience will only get better.

I just think we are short one ( you need two in case of injury) really experienced on field leader, someone like James Graham that when he screams they listen.

I'm still of the belief we've signed someone but it won't be until after the GF that we hear, well I guess I just hope this is the case.

You can have journeymen, you can have young talent, you can have local juniors BUT nothing replaces that battle hardened " give me the ****ing ball and I'll show you how it's done, and now follow me" like we had with Ben Kennedy.

That's what this young side is missing , and until we get that I'd suggest the inconsistencies will continue.

I keep hearing we are a young team. Just how true is this observation, compared with other teams?

Turbo, Parker, AFB...who else can be considered young and up and coming?

I keep hearing we are a young team. Just how true is this observation, compared with other teams?

Turbo, Parker, AFB...who else can be considered young and up and coming?

Young in togetherness , not so much in age.

Perhaps young is the wrong word, maybe I should use another one.

Don't worry they will be every bit as hard as the Tigers.

Play like today and next weeks game will have the same result.

It's been a great year but gee I hope we don't bow out without a whimper!
I can honestly see us missing the 8, no matter how bad the dogs are playing they will be tough, and warriors you just never know, hate to sound pessimistic but I don't think we will be there. Yesterday put a major dent on our campaign.

I can honestly see us missing the 8, no matter how bad the dogs are playing they will be tough, and warriors you just never know, hate to sound pessimistic but I don't think we will be there. Yesterday put a major dent on our campaign.

No to be honest that started with the St Merge rout.

I never expected us to get close in Melbourne but we should have beaten the Dragons AND the Tigers.

With 4 more points we'd be safely in 4th spot.

What really is the benefit of coming 4th just to be beaten by Storm in Melbourne? Let's do it from the bottom 4. Sudden death, sure, but against teams we are capable of beating. And if we can build momentum....

I'm afraid yesterday's effort as well as the Goons and Storm games has killed it for me. Doesn't matter what result Dogs and Warriors games I have no expectation on this team now. I really thought at halftime yesterday we had turned the corner with that and the Roosters win but that 2nd half just showed we aren't a contender this year. I don't think I've ever been so down after a game for a long time. It was painful to watch and I just can't invest that passion for this team again this year. I'll watch them with mild interest now because I'm spent with the passion for this year's team.

I have no farking idea how we will go over the last 3 games, or if we will be in the 8 or not. How could anyone sensibly predict anything with this team? They are all over the shop, from abysmal to brilliant and often all within the one game (even one half)... no warning lights of which will show up or when. I don't bother with predictions or looking forward anymore, I just strap myself in on game day and expect anything.

Doing my head in watching this lot. Too much aggravation.

Remember 2005-6 mate VERY VERY similar.

I think it's part of the learning process.

I wonder if we had become so used to winning, then for two years so badly let down, and finally we have a team again ONLY to find inconsistencies after a tough year.

Maybe our expectations should be lower, at this stage of their development?

Wins in next 2 games will be nothing more than expected and nothing to get excited about. They are the 2 worst teams in the comp at the moment. Losses in either game will finish us.

Wins in next 2 games will be nothing more than expected and nothing to get excited about. They are the 2 worst teams in the comp at the moment. Losses in either game will finish us.

Losses in either game will show us that realistically we have overachieved to this point and the long hard year and some injuries have taken their toll.

Losses in either game will show us that realistically we have overachieved to this point and the long hard year and some injuries have taken their toll.
Well forgetting Matai and Stewart, as I have a feeling they were never going to play anyway, the players out injured wouldn't have made any difference to the way we've been playing these last 6 weeks or so. We've had 1 win from last 4 and the losses have been horrible defensive efforts. Jorge and Curtis wouldn't have changed those results.

Well forgetting Matai and Stewart, as I have a feeling they were never going to play anyway, the players out injured wouldn't have made any difference to the way we've been playing these last 6 weeks or so. We've had 1 win from last 4 and the losses have been horrible defensive efforts. Jorge and Curtis wouldn't have changed those results.

I don't know, I think we have missed them both, not saying they would have been the difference but they have been missed.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10