Run Tom Run

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Tommy T is close to the most explosive runners with the footy in the game.....don't always look for that pass....head poking through the hole ....just bust em!!
The kid has enough skill to unload in a tackle....IF.... they happen to slow him up.
Truth be known- poor possession and field position, but this boy can do far more damage just under the wing and bursting forward....
The bombed try - knocked down only 1 small example - but simply- just run the thing !!

He ran on most opportunities he would have been a lot better if we had the ball more. He did his best.

That....should have been try....a small example if you were watching

He was disappointing. We rely on him so much for our attack that our expectations are very high for someone so young. Unfortunately, his opposite number outplayed him.
With more ball I'm sure he'll play better.

He was disappointing. We rely on him so much for our attack that our expectations are very high for someone so young. Unfortunately, his opposite number outplayed him.
With more ball I'm sure he'll play better.
True that Who ...but....
Certain players like Inglis...Taumoloulo....young Latrell Mitchell ....
Just play through the line and make it happen unless there's an obvious 4 on 2 overlap....if he runs today in this case would have busted them 2-3 times playing direct.
This is not a natural Johns like ball player but a freak who makes it happen...
I guarantee the defence breathes relief once he offloads the ball in these situations.....

I think the pressure in having an effect on Tom. You look at Latrell Mitchell and he is so confident and his body language is always energetic and excited. Tom always looks depressed and worried.

i just dont see it.. Tom is a top prospect for sure and i hope he does well.. But this blinding pace everyone talks about i just dont see it. Anytime hes on a break he looks like hes running half pace, and almost always gets caught... A james roberts, or a prime snake, those guys had legit speed, give em a gap and they are uncatchable.. This kid just isnt that level.. Speed wise..

I think he needed another year working under snake too imo, he has zero chemistry with anyone not named turbo in the side... Whether we won, lost or drew, one thing u could be 100% certain of thru the course of a game when snake played, was him lurking around ox/lyon or foz/chez/glenn and seemingly in their hip pocket, and every game, they would get the ball and deftly inside pass it to snake for him to split the d and break the game open.. EVERY MATCH, he was dangerous and involved... This kid, at this stage. Just dosent do it at all... But it will come with experience i hope...

Now to wait for the abuse LOL

No abuse buddy...can see your point
But...in 2016... played with injury and only 70% speed - which showed
In 2017...has undergone surgery and can motor...I mean in the 2016 9's, he left Radradra for dead in open spaces so can move....my point is more not be that Darius Boyd ball playing fullback ....play through the line because potentially...Tom is in the best 3 runners of the footy in the game ...,

Tommy T is close to the most explosive runners with the footy in the game.....don't always look for that pass....head poking through the hole ....just bust em!!
The kid has enough skill to unload in a tackle....IF.... they happen to slow him up.
Truth be known- poor possession and field position, but this boy can do far more damage just under the wing and bursting forward....
The bombed try - knocked down only 1 small example - but simply- just run the thing !!
In the replay if he dummies i rekon he scores as well

i just dont see it.. Tom is a top prospect for sure and i hope he does well.. But this blinding pace everyone talks about i just dont see it. Anytime hes on a break he looks like hes running half pace, and almost always gets caught... A james roberts, or a prime snake, those guys had legit speed, give em a gap and they are uncatchable.. This kid just isnt that level.. Speed wise..

I think he needed another year working under snake too imo, he has zero chemistry with anyone not named turbo in the side... Whether we won, lost or drew, one thing u could be 100% certain of thru the course of a game when snake played, was him lurking around ox/lyon or foz/chez/glenn and seemingly in their hip pocket, and every game, they would get the ball and deftly inside pass it to snake for him to split the d and break the game open.. EVERY MATCH, he was dangerous and involved... This kid, at this stage. Just dosent do it at all... But it will come with experience i hope...

Interesting. I agree re pace. He doesn't have it like a young snake. From 2005 to 2008 snake was unstoppable. Even a scent of a gap and he would fly through it. What a player Brett Stewart was. One of the best Sea Eagles of all time. I still can't believe we'll never see him play again.

Tom T is very lazy and has a lot to learn with his positional play in defence as well as his agression in defence.
Tommy, you ain't playing under 20's anymore.

You need to be following the play all the time. Atm he is a long way off holding a candle to snake.

Tom may have been quiet, but the other playmakers need to be accountable as well. We only had 40% possession and the majority of that possession was in our own half. Our completion rate was also poor, limiting the number of opportunities Tom could capitalise on.

Last edited:
Interesting. I agree re pace. He doesn't have it like a young snake. From 2005 to 2008 snake was unstoppable. Even a scent of a gap and he would fly through it. What a player Brett Stewart was. One of the best Sea Eagles of all time. I still can't believe we'll never see him play again.
Yea snake was a freak.. Toms a top talent, but im certain another year under snake learning the finer points of the fullback position would havr done him a world of good

Totally agree it's a shame these young kids are called superstars after a good year, paraded to the media by there clubs, given massive contracts. The pressure for some must be enormous. Tom is a good player who in time could be great.
There will only be one Brett Stewart though

Tom may have been quiet, but the other playmakers need to be accountable as well. We only had 40% possession and the majority of that possession was in our own half. Our completion rate was also poor, limiting the number of opportunity Tom could capitalise on.
Yea, i understand that, todays game wasnt a game that he could shine.. Not with the forwards leaving their hands at home... My observations on tom were more what i thought of him last year.. Not that fast and dosent get involved in attack nearly as much as other top fullbacks do.. But im not writing him off, he just needs to learn and get more experience
(edit. I understand he was carrying an injury, so hoping to see more growth in his game thru the course of 2017)

Yea, i understand that, todays game wasnt a game that he could shine.. Not with the forwards leaving their hands at home... My observations on tom were more what i thought of him last year.. Not that fast and dosent get involved in attack nearly as much as other top fullbacks do.. But im not writing him off, he just needs to learn and get more experience
(edit. I understand he was carrying an injury, so hoping to see more growth in his game thru the course of 2017)

Agreed. He's still only young and learning the game. He just needs more time to learn the intricacies of the position and the strengths of his own game. Still early days yet.

Let's not forget he's 20 years old!!

He'll learn, he's a talent , have faith fellow Sea Eagle fans!!

FMD, just realised I'm sounding like @BOZO now!!

I'm glad you're not a manly talent scout if you're not happy with tom.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8