Sack Barrett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should we sack Trent

• Total voters

damiennp90

Bencher
I'm gonna play devils advocate.

He has had a lot of reason.

Injuries
Match fixing
Salary Cap
Green not turning up to training.
Close friend Hastings rubbing everyone up the wrong way.
Suli issues.
Our highest played player playing like a drongo.

Al least he's being disciplined and tough.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

Injuries
Match fixing
Salary Cap
Suli issues.

He still has a roster that should be performing better than what they have .

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019

Injuries
Match fixing
Salary Cap
Suli issues.

And what about the players he let go
Gutho
Jamie b
Snake
Matai

The guy is a hopeless **** who doesn’t get our clubs culture.

Stevo

First Grader
****ing negative tactics. Kick it in the air and attack the ****ing thing for ****s sake. Why are we rolling it into touch when we are chasing points???,

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
At years end.
Who we going to replace him with at this stage of the year?
Who's out there for next year??
But whatever he's done.
This team has no idea, no structure, no desire.
I didn't mention Des or Tooves because they won't be there while the Penn's are in charge.

hozza

Bencher
Barret fuc$ing out!!!!!!

Maguire is an option.
Walters with Ballin and kite as assistants.
Des and don’t let him negotiate contracts.

3 much much better options right there. And they are all proven winners, winners find a way to win. Losers (Barret) find ways to lose.

Im just interested to see how many fans believe we need a new coach. Please vote.
Right now the club needs stability and patience, i understand this might be hard in such times especially with the performances being dished up but the damage will be far greater for a small club with not much financial capacity churning through coaches hoping for a quick fix----big clubs with big financial resources can do this.

Others here think the total opposite thinking a small club like Manly doesn't have the time to wait.

Right now Manly should be focusing more on the off field stuff like getting the new stadium, improving the front office professionalism, managing the cap, improve the depth and give a young coach guidance and confidence.

Next year is TB's last year to show growth as a coach, hopefully less injuries and depth come his way also.

I still think deep down there is a good coach in TB even with some of the amateurish performance analysis and structures on offer----he has the perfect opportunity to develop this area and see what works and what doesn't the rest of this year since the season is already over.

hozza

Bencher
Much much better options out there.
Maguire- already won a premiership
Walters- proven winner, give him manly assistants
Walker bros- proven track record in Q cup
Dessie- if he came back just don’t let him near any contract negotiations.

Ludicrous to give this monkey any more time. We are MANLY not the Knights ffs.

Harvies elbow

2017 Tipping Competitor
Right now the club needs stability and patience, i understand this might be hard in such times especially with the performances being dished up but the damage will be far greater for a small club with not much financial capacity churning through coaches hoping for a quick fix----big clubs with big financial resources can do this.

Others here think the total opposite thinking a small club like Manly doesn't have the time to wait.

Right now Manly should be focusing more on the off field stuff like getting the new stadium, improving the front office professionalism, managing the cap, improve the depth and give a young coach guidance and confidence.

Next year is TB's last year to show growth as a coach, hopefully less injuries and depth come his way also.

I still think deep down there is a good coach in TB even with some of the amateurish performance analysis and structures on offer----he has the perfect opportunity to develop this area and see what works and what doesn't the rest of this year since the season is already over.
All good.
If we seemed to be playing like a team that had some idea tactically or with an appearance that they were 'on'.
But aside from a few times during this year, or in fact, his tenure, we have not.
The average roster argument is bs because other clubs like the tigers are no worse than ours.
And the riff smashed by injuries as well.
Souffs have 2 guys we sacked.
Trent was given four internationals to begin his time here.
We are Manly.
Success is an expectation.

Harvies elbow

2017 Tipping Competitor
One of the most important roles of a coach is to stamp his mark on a team and create a culture
Will Trents culture get us anywhere ?
I'd love to know what it is mate.
I'd like to see what our style is. Our brand of football....
Buggered if I can see it, and if it's what's been before our eyes the last few weeks then god help us.

Harvies elbow

2017 Tipping Competitor
As a left field semi realistic suggestion for a replacement how about Trent Robinson? If the Roosters don’t go close to winning the comp this year (and I don’t think they will) he will be on the outer. I think he’s a good coach who needs a change of scenery.
And he can bring our 2013 trophy with him...

All good.
If we seemed to be playing like a team that had some idea tactically or with an appearance that they were 'on'.
But aside from a few times during this year, or in fact, his tenure, we have not.
The average roster argument is bs because other clubs like the tigers are no worse than ours.
And the riff smashed by injuries as well.
Souffs have 2 guys we sacked.
Trent was given four internationals to begin his time here.
We are Manly.
Success is an expectation.
I never said Manly have an average roster, Manly have a very good roster in the top 17 and should be doing much better.

Depth beyond that not so much, stability in the halves and outside backs has not been great this year also.

I get what you are saying but you don't always have a great year in line with expectations, great rosters with great coaches who have performed badly happens all the time.

Much much better options out there.
Maguire- already won a premiership
Walters- proven winner, give him manly assistants
Walker bros- proven track record in Q cup
Dessie- if he came back just don’t let him near any contract negotiations.

Ludicrous to give this monkey any more time. We are MANLY not the Knights ffs.
Hey Hozza you left out Cartwright .... just sayin

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17