[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des is our man.

We are so lucky to have him in charge. He runs a tight ship, maintains discipline, upholds culture, demands respect, educates boys into becoming men, etc etc.

5 GFs at two clubs (6 if you incl 2013 manly side which was built and prepped by Dessie), 2 Premierships, and his teams have missed the finals on 2 occassions in 16 yrs! Crikey his record speaks for itself, and calls to sack him here are an absolute disgrace imo. Bennett was coaching the QLD state team his whole career, Bellamy's team 2006-2010 was worth double every other team it was that unfair, and Robinson has uncle nick's fat wallet.

We've had shocking luck, and a lot less $ than others...we don't understand his selection decisions, but ffs there isn't another champ who I would rather have as MWSE boss than our mad genius!

Des is our man.

We are so lucky to have him in charge. He runs a tight ship, maintains discipline, upholds culture, demands respect, educates boys into becoming men, etc etc.

5 GFs at two clubs (6 if you incl 2013 manly side which was built and prepped by Dessie), 2 Premierships, and his teams have missed the finals on 2 occassions in 16 yrs! Crikey his record speaks for itself, and calls to sack him here are an absolute disgrace imo. Bennett was coaching the QLD state team his whole career, Bellamy's team 2006-2010 was worth double every other team it was that unfair, and Robinson has uncle nick's fat wallet.

We've had shocking luck, and a lot less $ than others...we don't understand his selection decisions, but ffs there isn't another champ who I would rather have as MWSE boss than our mad genius!
Perfectly stated!

Des is our man.

Give me a spell you make it seem like Des was coaching a team of reserve graders when he won the premierships he had a great team to coach and in that time if we weren't pushing the cap to the limit (and over it) I will give it up.

He then pissed off to the Dogs after ****ing our salary cap and than tried to steal our best players. At the dogs he had as much money as the roosters or the storm and left them in another salary cap hole after winning nothing.

So Des is nothing special and if people in charge of the club don't keep an eye on him he will **** us up again.

The real champion of our club is not Des or Bozo it is Toovey that champion never left the club as a player and when the club needed him to step up as a coach he did and than we sacked him.

Rather than lording over Des we all should be ashamed that Tooves is not back at the club. Until he is reinstated we will continue to be a shadow of the great club we were.

Give me a spell you make it seem like Des was coaching a team of reserve graders when he won the premierships he had a great team to coach and in that time if we weren't pushing the cap to the limit (and over it) I will give it up.

He then pissed off to the Dogs after ****ing our salary cap and than tried to steal our best players. At the dogs he had as much money as the roosters or the storm and left them in another salary cap hole after winning nothing.

So Des is nothing special and if people in charge of the club don't keep an eye on him he will **** us up again.

The real champion of our club is not Des or Bozo it is Toovey that champion never left the club as a player and when the club needed him to step up as a coach he did and than we sacked him.

Rather than lording over Des we all should be ashamed that Tooves is not back at the club. Until he is reinstated we will continue to be a shadow of the great club we were.
Des assembled the players and staff that did us proud after years of underperforming, I'm backing him to do it again.

The Hopoate decision is a complete ****ing farce , we are riddled with injury’s and we do this.
I honestly hope we don’t win a game for the rest of the year

The club, players and coach need a huge wake up call
You can add both penns and membership team to that list. Yes Covid has made it difficult for our membership team but they have slipped on a number of standards and feels like we as members are being treated with contempt this year.

this club I love is a dark dark place at the moment

The Hopoate decision is a complete ****ing farce , we are riddled with injury’s and we do this.
I honestly hope we don’t win a game for the rest of the year

The club, players and coach need a huge wake up call
It is annoying watching young players like Best and the hammer carving up and we have a player who would easily be better than Elliot going to play for warriors.. its a head scratcher no doubt.

As for hoping we lose the rest of our games.. come now strone33 we both know if manly win tomorrow you'll be jumping up and down in your geoff toovey undies (yes the one with toovs on the front) while singing the eagle rock!
We both know this ;)

You could be on the money @Frankstokes, Des looks like he is not the one to guide the pathways talent into the top grade.

This has been highlighted by the continuous non selection of Guaca all season, gets a crack with minutes and has a good game.

Des is not the coach he was, looking at Bellamy and his attitude in picking the best players in his team, Munster horrible trainer but great ability gets picked on game performance.

The Des grind style of footy is not sitting with the players this season, hence the inconsistency.

With generational changes the coach needs to adapt and understand what makes them tick, I don’t see it this season with Des. Elliot and Miski in front of Albert? What a joke.

Waddell and JetSki in front of Guaca you got to be kidding. That’s just a couple to highlight, one wonders what will happen to Schuster under Des.

To allow a Manly junior and a potential champion to debut for a team that isn't even Australian when our backline is so impotent is DESpicable!
It is up there with the most diabolical decision I've ever heard.
U16's potential champion, who at 18 has had 2 knee reco's, hasn't played in 2 years and never against men, appears to be a money-chaser from a proven mercenary family with no club loyalty and apparently is not putting-in at training.

Last edited:
You could be on the money @Frankstokes, Des looks like he is not the one to guide the pathways talent into the top grade.

This has been highlighted by the continuous non selection of Guaca all season, gets a crack with minutes and has a good game.

Des is not the coach he was, looking at Bellamy and his attitude in picking the best players in his team, Munster horrible trainer but great ability gets picked on game performance.

The Des grind style of footy is not sitting with the players this season, hence the inconsistency.

With generational changes the coach needs to adapt and understand what makes them tick, I don’t see it this season with Des. Elliot and Miski in front of Albert? What a joke.

Waddell and JetSki in front of Guaca you got to be kidding. That’s just a couple to highlight, one wonders what will happen to Schuster under Des.

Des's #1 quality as a player and a coach was/is work ethic, this is what he is trying to instill in his players. By not giving the juniors a saloon passage into1st grade he is doing them a favour in the long run.

If you make mass changes after a poor performance then you have another poor performance where do you go from there? Des is playing the long game and while it might not pay off immediately, he knows it will pay off eventually.

Ummm... Haumone, Cust, Funa and Keppie are all very young blokes getting a go are they not? Then add Suli, Paseka and Garrick. FMD... how many more young inexperienced players do you sooks want to throw into the side? Fainu would be there as well if not for his shoulder and court issues.

Another poster provided some in depth information earlier today about Hopoate and still the handbag brigade hiss and slap with their farkin whining. The sack Des thread is beyond ridiculous... I’d hate to be forced into going to battle alongside some you “blokes.”

Who would want to be a coach.....half your supporters love you the other half want to get rid of you!
At the end of the day our clubs proud reputation is what matters most and we need to maintain its Legendary status and the only way we can do this is by performing to high standards
We need to start winning and if we cant win with this lot than we bring in players that we can win with .

manly-sea-eagles-2008.jpg

This thread is a joke, some people here are talking complete nonsense.

You're right, des has no idea about footy, and no passion for manly, and screwed out great rubble left over from the northern eagles...please

Most clubs would froth at the opportunity for des to be their head coach. Is this why everyone hates manly fans? Lol

Btw Hopoate is being loaned for 4 weeks ffs! We all hope he will play a game... it'll be his first since he was 16

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4