[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On serious note why do we settle for anything other than the best? I know the owner is a tight arse!

But why don't we go after Bellamy, Robinson or Cleary. Ruffle some feathers and aim for the stars, this is Manly not the Titans.

The Dogs weren't frightened to go after Des while he was busy winning a comp.
Like Manly of old...

Just about an article I seen on Facebook manly seaeagles news apparently Des Hasler knew about pride jersey year before? I had suspicion but thought I'd share,plot thickens

It was the manly way from 1968 to 2015
That is the saddest part about the club the last decade, I'm quite sure there were a few board room punch ups back in the day and even more between players after training in the carpark.
But none of it ever saw the light of day Due to a Strong Culture of Us against the world, and people in charge who wanted nothing but the Best for a club they loved and Bled for.

Penn's have no balls. They caved and brought Des back when they panicked when Barrett spat his dummy, they panicked and allowed the ridiculous contract extension to DCE, they keep hiring cut price Silly Sollys CEOs all the time. They can hardly blame Des when all these things were their decisions.

Like I said earlier it's on Manly Facebook news 👍as well I read it weeks ago.If true his days are done and dusted 👍even though I thought he was already done . Basically he signed his own demise sad really .

Last edited:
At the end of the day I will be surprised if Des is not coaching us in 2023. This is based upon the following:
1. There is is no way Penn will pay him out of his last year an estimated $850k
2. There is no way Des would forgo the last year of his contract and lose $850k.
3. There is no way either party will agree to meet half way and take a significant loss. Des would unlikely not secure an alternative role for the 2023 season but would likely secure another coaching gig for 2024 while coaching us in 2023.

Look forward to another year of interesting team selections fellow silvertails. Dessie is not going anywhere any time soon. $’s will make a seemingly untenable situation tenable this is something DES and Penn have in common…

images.jpeg

At the end of the day I will be surprised if Des is not coaching us in 2023. This is based upon the following:
1. There is is no way Penn will pay him out of his last year an estimated $850k
2. There is no way Des would forgo the last year of his contract and lose $850k.
3. There is no way either party will agree to meet half way and take a significant loss. Des would unlikely not secure an alternative role for the 2023 season but would likely secure another coaching gig for 2024 while coaching us in 2023.

Look forward to another year of interesting team selections fellow silvertails. Dessie is not going anywhere any time soon. $’s will make a seemingly untenable situation tenable this is something DES and Penn have in common…
I’ll have a bet with you,Des won’t see out this week,let alone coach at Manly next year

Regardless of who the owner is and regardless of who the coach is… a coach shouldn’t be telling an owner or CEO what to do. There a plenty of manly players with one year left on their contract, would they negotiate an extension the same way that Des is allegedly negotiating his.

Why didn’t he wait until the end of the 2023 year to prove how good he is rather than making demands after a very poor year?

Wouldn’t he have been better towing the line for 12 months getting the team into the finals and then making his demands.

I’ll have a bet with you,Des won’t see out this week,let alone coach at Manly next year
Gees your game…… nothing happens promptly at Manly. They will need to get all the factions together before they make a decision. Then the owner and ceo will need to meet, then they will need to get the lawyers involved.

Just sayin’

The plot thickens as the MWSE cluster**** continues to evolve. My take on Bonasera as part of a response to @AndWeDon'tCare looking pretty accurate now. Tony Mestrov, new CEO

Manly Sea Eagles pride jersey saga takes new twist as leaked email reveal who knew about the plan
Explosive emails reveal who knew about Manly’s doomed pride jersey rollout, with the letters set to have major ramifications for coach Des Hasler.

Phil Rothfield

Des Hasler’s threat to take legal action against Manly over the pride jersey fiasco has taken a new turn as an explosive leaked email indicated his own football department signed off on the rainbow jersey months before the controversy tore apart the NRL team.

The Daily Telegraph has obtained copies of emails between Sea Eagles commercial boss Luke Tucker and Manly’s general manager of football John Bonasera from May 24 this year in which the jersey was approved – two months before seven players boycotted the game against the Roosters.

It can now be revealed Bonasera did not pass on the information to Hasler.

In an email on a Tuesday afternoon at 4.46pm, Tucker wrote: “I just want to double check before production commences that we won’t have any issues with any players wearing these jerseys for this one-off game.”

An attachment also showed the design of the jersey.

In response, at 5.52pm, Bonasera wrote: “Don’t see an issue at all mate.”

Tucker went on to clearly explain in the email the club’s motivation for producing the jersey.

“It’s for everyone. Male, female, gay, straight, black, white, etc, etc. It’s certainly not just focused on LGBTQ.” he wrote.

It is unusual in that Bonasera has a tight relationship with Hasler and has rarely made a decision, or signed off on anything, without the consent of a coach who is a renowned micro manager.

Bonasera did not return calls to The Daily Telegraph on Monday night.

Sources say he has since apologised to Hasler for keeping him out of the loop.

The Manly Sea Eagles board had earlier approved the jersey on the proviso the football department was supportive.

Hasler’s relationship with the club has deteriorated to such an extent that he is not expected to see out the week, with Anthony Seibold expected to take over.

When the controversy first erupted and seven players withdrew from the game against the Roosters, Hasler spoke at a press conference and took aim at the Sea Eagles board and senior management.

He claimed: “None of the coaching staff nor the players had prior knowledge to the jersey.

“I feel for these players. They were not included in any of the discussions of the decision making of the jersey, at a minimum they should have been consulted.

“There are always going to be subsets of society who have cultural and religious views and they must always be considered. Ultimately this comes down to discussion and collaboration.”

It turns out the breakdown in communications came from his own department, not the board or senior management.

The controversy destroyed Manly’s season, the team losing its last seven games.

A major split between the seven players and the rest of the team tore the club apart at a time when their finals hopes were on the line.

Hasler has been threatening to take legal action against the club for allegedly compromising his ability to fulfil his contractual obligations.

He needed a top-six finish in the NRL in 2022 to get a contract extension for the 2024 season.

The Daily Telegraph revealed last week that Hasler was prepared to argue that the jersey was launched without the blessing of the players or the football department, which impeded his ability to achieve his contract key performance indicators.

Manly chief executive Tony Mestrov declined to comment when contacted by The Daily Telegraph.
He had not started in the role when the emails were exchanged.
However, an insider has revealed Manly is more than prepared for a courtroom showdown with Hasler. “The truth will come out when all those involved are put under oath,” he said.

Last edited:
The plot thickens as the MWSE cluster**** continues to evolve. My take on Bonasera as part of a response to @AndWeDon'tCare looking pretty accurate now. Tony Mestrov, new CEO

Manly Sea Eagles pride jersey saga takes new twist as leaked email reveal who knew about the plan
Explosive emails reveal who knew about Manly’s doomed pride jersey rollout, with the letters set to have major ramifications for coach Des Hasler.

Phil Rothfield

Des Hasler’s threat to take legal action against Manly over the pride jersey fiasco has taken a new turn as an explosive leaked email indicated his own football department signed off on the rainbow jersey months before the controversy tore apart the NRL team.

The Daily Telegraph has obtained copies of emails between Sea Eagles commercial boss Luke Tucker and Manly’s general manager of football John Bonasera from May 24 this year in which the jersey was approved – two months before seven players boycotted the game against the Roosters.

It can now be revealed Bonasera did not pass on the information to Hasler.

In an email on a Tuesday afternoon at 4.46pm, Tucker wrote: “I just want to double check before production commences that we won’t have any issues with any players wearing these jerseys for this one-off game.”

An attachment also showed the design of the jersey.

In response, at 5.52pm, Bonasera wrote: “Don’t see an issue at all mate.”

Tucker went on to clearly explain in the email the club’s motivation for producing the jersey.

“It’s for everyone. Male, female, gay, straight, black, white, etc, etc. It’s certainly not just focused on LGBTQ.” he wrote.

It is unusual in that Bonasera has a tight relationship with Hasler and has rarely made a decision, or signed off on anything, without the consent of a coach who is a renowned micro manager.

Bonasera did not return calls to The Daily Telegraph on Monday night.

Sources say he has since apologised to Hasler for keeping him out of the loop.

The Manly Sea Eagles board had earlier approved the jersey on the proviso the football department was supportive.

Hasler’s relationship with the club has deteriorated to such an extent that he is not expected to see out the week, with Anthony Seibold expected to take over.

When the controversy first erupted and seven players withdrew from the game against the Roosters, Hasler spoke at a press conference and took aim at the Sea Eagles board and senior management.

He claimed: “None of the coaching staff nor the players had prior knowledge to the jersey.

“I feel for these players. They were not included in any of the discussions of the decision making of the jersey, at a minimum they should have been consulted.

“There are always going to be subsets of society who have cultural and religious views and they must always be considered. Ultimately this comes down to discussion and collaboration.”

It turns out the breakdown in communications came from his own department, not the board or senior management.

The controversy destroyed Manly’s season, the team losing its last seven games.

A major split between the seven players and the rest of the team tore the club apart at a time when their finals hopes were on the line.

Hasler has been threatening to take legal action against the club for allegedly compromising his ability to fulfil his contractual obligations.

He needed a top-six finish in the NRL in 2022 to get a contract extension for the 2024 season.

The Daily Telegraph revealed last week that Hasler was prepared to argue that the jersey was launched without the blessing of the players or the football department, which impeded his ability to achieve his contract key performance indicators.

Manly chief executive Tony Mestrov declined to comment when contacted by The Daily Telegraph.
He had not started in the role when the emails were exchanged.
However, an insider has revealed Manly is more than prepared for a courtroom showdown with Hasler. “The truth will come out when all those involved are put under oath,” he said.
Still can’t believe NewsCorp continues to treat people,ie Manly fans,like morons.What’s the point in saying “insider” when we all know who the “insider” is?

Still can’t believe NewsCorp continues to treat people,ie Manly fans,like morons.What’s the point in saying “insider” when we all know who the “insider” is?
Insiders - Panoutas Peterides as the main offender, plus various Fultons and Fulton associates in the executive.

It's the muppet show.

Thats pretty accurate. The Muppet Show with Peter Peters as the chief muppet. I wish we could ship him back to Wollongong. He was a muppet at Keira Boys High, and nothing has changed since then.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10