Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The only retribution to any underachieving Manly coach is that they had not made a premiership winning contribution

The Fact is Toovey Barret and Des all failed finals success in their last year before being shown the door

Adversity and Injuries are part of the game
Team Resolution is part of an over achieving coach that flies under the radar and above adversity to win a premiership just like Des at his Peak when he over came club political board room battles and on field Battles at Brookvale .

At the end of every season two things are certain for all coaches
They will find a way and rise above adversity and overachieve
or
They will find excuses for Underachieving

Quote By former Great footy coach
  • Our success has not been a continual series of victories. We have had a number of devastating setbacks; how these are handled is the making of a great team... winning does not happen in straight lines. — Clive Woodward ...
    End quote

End Quote

The moral of the story
For the Great ones Adversity is not the Demoralizing end for failure
Adversity is Adrenalin and Determination and the ability to find ways for success
Manly came from the depths of despair after the beagles and built a hungry team full of competitors

des as a coach was on the rise as much as his team. he was able to build a squad and add the valuable missing big ticket items like kitey, bk and the ORF . Currently we have to reverse it . We have the money spent on the big ticket items but have to add a lot of talent and roles cheaply. Much harder task,

have to strip it down and go again. Sooner the better

need a big cull

boyle, keppie, harper, tippytoes, tuilagi, dce,, woods and possibly aioli……..goneski

get a good hooker, lawnton and croker as utilities or backrowers

coupla boppers and a crafty forward

also see if we can get fafita back with dragons paying freight. saab didnt like the commute and the goons are idiots

Manly came from the depths of despair after the beagles and built a hungry team full of competitors
You have just confirmed what I was saying feathered friend

Great People that have the capacity to over come adversity always capitalise on setbacks and rise above mediocrity

The Moral of the story
We either rise above adversity and excel
Of succumb to adversity and make excuses for failure

Last edited:
Adversity may be the heading to our new challenging chapter in life
But we are the ones that write our own story
NO EXCUSES

You have just confirmed what I was saying feathered friend

Great People that have the capacity to over come adversity always capitalise on setbacks and rise above mediocrity

The Moral of the story
We either rise above adversity and excel
Of succumb to adversity and make excuses for failure
The rest are just coach killers

One final say and it has all been said on here

We dont get paid for making excuses for failure at work
And Neither should Mestrov and Seibold

First 10 rounds last year Des at least had a fit Turbo, this year he's running only about 70%.
Have we been better off with Johns/Schu/Weekes at 5/8, instead of Kieran Foran?
Aloia at lock instead of Dylan Walker?
We've culled Marty and Davey and brought in Tuilagi and Condon.
Better? Worse? Similar?

By the way not a single pundit I'm aware of tipped Manly to win this year's comp. In fact I don't think anyone even tipped us to make the 8!

So I'm inclined to give Seibs a bit more time :giggle:

Here's a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry, be happy
Tommy T Injured USA Bound
Very soon he'll turn things around

The moral of the story
For the Great ones Adversity is not the Demoralizing end for failure
Adversity is Adrenalin and Determination and the ability to find ways for success
Any chance you could write a version of the Cher classic, Gypsies Tramps and Thieves, but using the words Slogans Cliches and Memes?
For some reason I can't get the line out of my head!

First 10 rounds last year Des at least had a fit Turbo, this year he's running only about 70%.
Have we been better off with Johns/Schu/Weekes at 5/8, instead of Kieran Foran?
Aloia at lock instead of Dylan Walker?
We've culled Marty and Davey and brought in Tuilagi and Condon.
Better? Worse? Similar?

By the way not a single pundit I'm aware of tipped Manly to win this year's comp. In fact I don't think anyone even tipped us to make the 8!

So I'm inclined to give Seibs a bit more time :giggle:
Culling Marty was the right thing to do, even Marty would agree on this.
Shame Davey left, loved his footy smarts.

des as a coach was on the rise as much as his team. he was able to build a squad and add the valuable missing big ticket items like kitey, bk and the ORF . Currently we have to reverse it . We have the money spent on the big ticket items but have to add a lot of talent and roles cheaply. Much harder task,

have to strip it down and go again. Sooner the better

need a big cull

boyle, keppie, harper, tippytoes, tuilagi, dce,, woods and possibly aioli……..goneski

get a good hooker, lawnton and croker as utilities or backrowers

coupla boppers and a crafty forward

also see if we can get fafita back with dragons paying freight. saab didnt like the commute and the goons are idiots
Ok with most of those, but you're getting rid of DCE, who's going to be the halfback?

Any chance you could write a version of the Cher classic, Gypsies Tramps and Thieves, but using the words Slogans Cliches and Memes?
For some reason I can't get the line out of my head!
You hear it from the people of the town, they call it......

And every night, the people of the town would come around,

And lay their slogans down.......

Ok with most of those, but you're getting rid of DCE, who's going to be the halfback?
Im just happy to start again . His million plus really gives us some wriggle room to recruit. I think he is a very good player and super athlete, but we need to go in a different direction . I dont see us as a threat for some time so no loss in terms of opportunity

if we had a semi serious 9 and gordon is in the 30 from next season to back up
leaving croaks and the lawman as utilities that can also fill in at half, hooker , back row

schuster, main man hopefully.
humpries latu not too far away.
flannigan to general kick us around similar to what osullivan was doing at fins, but he could fill a year or 2 , but almost anyone is gettable

if one of the young halves stood out we could be really good in 25

Im just happy to start again . His million plus really gives us some wriggle room to recruit. I think he is a very good player and super athlete, but we need to go in a different direction . I dont see us as a threat for some time so no loss in terms of opportunity

if we had a semi serious 9 and gordon is in the 30 from next season to back up
leaving croaks and the lawman as utilities that can also fill in at half, hooker , back row

schuster, main man hopefully.
humpries latu not too far away.
flannigan to general kick us around similar to what osullivan was doing at fins, but he could fill a year or 2 , but almost anyone is gettable

if one of the young halves stood out we could be really good in 25
Won’t be on a million next year

adding to the dessie and the Penn

dessies locked penn the owner out of the sheds last year mid controversy

regardless of anything, you just cant. it feels good but its going to have consequences. dumb power play
Yeah exactly right.

Des decided to go to war with Penn. I am not sure that Des was that disappointed to be sacked tbh. I kinda think he was over Penn and didn’t want to work with him anymore.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8