Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Can’t blame Seibold for the dropped balls but the lack of shape, structure is all down to him.

Seriously why wasn’t Garrick playing FB tonight? Weekes is out of his depth in FG and he has options for Centre in Harper at least.

Reason he didn’t call out that inept performance was because he was behind it all. I didn’t expect us to win but they were missing as much talent as we were and blew us off the park with 66% possession and nearly double the run metres.

At least he has the pre-season cup under his belt when the end of season review from Mr “results driven business/Premiership roster” takes place. We are in for a lot of pain over the next couple of seasons.

So far the recruitment decisions appear anything but master stroke decisions. I mean woods ( who could not make the dragons FG team this year ( dragons are running last) and young Arthur who appears not much better than young Johns who was also brought to the club under Seibs tenure.
I think Weekes is more of a back up half than he is fullback. Garrick should be the back up for Tom.

Bar a few players we just have a really mentally weak roster who fold anytime they come up against half decent opposition. Whilst I don’t think Seibold can be blamed solely as we’ve now seen these performances under multiple coaches, it’s also pretty clear he’s not the bloke to take us to the promise land. I’d just like to know what the direction is as a club because it’s been utter **** for years now

I’d say, at least he’s shown a willingness to try players in different positions. It’s only been about 7-8 months and he’s now lost Flanagan. So that means looking for a new, quality assistant coach.
If the same level of performances are happening a year from now, then I’ll be worried. I’m prepared to give him more time to shape the roster a bit further. Although, bringing in players like; Johns, Woods and Arthur doesn’t fill me with confidence. Perhaps it’ll be who he cuts and retains, that will be more telling.

So far the recruitment decisions appear anything but master stroke decisions. I mean woods ( who could not make the dragons FG team this year ( dragons are running last) and young Arthur who appears not much better than young Johns who was also brought to the club under Seibs tenure.
I think Weekes is more of a back up half than he is fullback. Garrick should be the back up for Tom.
With the money used to buy Arthur, Johns, Woods , you would think we could have bought 1 semi decent player.

SQD2LlZy731O8.gif

With the money used to buy Arthur, Johns, Woods , you would think we could have bought 1 semi decent player.
Woods cost nothing,Johns would be on minimum and Arthur wouldn’t be on much more than that.So do tell us who they could of picked up that would solve problems,cost barely more than minimum and could move mid season?As evidenced by how the Dolphins struggled to get depth,there wasn’t and isn’t many decent players on the market the past year due to clubs tying them up on longer deals to avoid Redcliffe nabbing them.This year was always going to be a bridging season for Seibold to sort out the players he wants to keep or let go.This time next year is when he should be judged,given he’s basically dealing with Des’ squad

This squad has played similarly under Seibold as it did under Des. Shown flashes of top 4 play but so many undisciplined and lackluster performances.

Besides bringing in Bellamy or Bennett i wouldn't know who could improve this current squad. Even a top echelon coach like Robinson is showing he can't turn around the Roosters right now.

I'm out of ideas but think the problem is more the squad than the coach.

Woods cost nothing,Johns would be on minimum and Arthur wouldn’t be on much more than that.So do tell us who they could of picked up that would solve problems,cost barely more than minimum and could move mid season?As evidenced by how the Dolphins struggled to get depth,there wasn’t and isn’t many decent players on the market the past year due to clubs tying them up on longer deals to avoid Redcliffe nabbing them.This year was always going to be a bridging season for Seibold to sort out the players he wants to keep or let go.This time next year is when he should be judged,given he’s basically dealing with Des’ squad
Note the words "could have" and "semi decent", which doesn't imply a guarantee of sorts that better players were available, but more the point that 1 player who's cumulative value of those 3 players might have been better based on what the market dictates. But you say he's dealing with Des's squad, yet Seibold's first signing was Johns who was a flop...then you want to judge him until he has the roster he wants. Hasn't his time with the Broncos taught you anything? If anything it means that he's not a good coach regardless of whether the roster his or not.
Seems like you want to keep getting your fingers burnt.

Last edited:
This squad has played similarly under Seibold as it did under Des. Shown flashes of top 4 play but so many undisciplined and lackluster performances.

Besides bringing in Bellamy or Bennett i wouldn't know who could improve this current squad. Even a top echelon coach like Robinson is showing he can't turn around the Roosters right now.

I'm out of ideas but think the problem is more the squad than the coach.
It's more than the coach or the squad. It's the club. The club is a basketcase. When the team has performed above expectations since 2014, it's been in spite of the club, not because of it. This is because the "club" has minimal identifiable old-school Manly culture underpinning its foundations.

Mestrov is doing his best to rebuild the club. However, whilst it remains in Scott Penn's ownership, I think any temporary rebuild will be illusionary. Penn has sucked the life out of this club, just like the "weak gutted vulture person" he actually is.

Last edited:
It's more than the coach or the squad. It's the club. The club is a basketcase. When the team has performed above expectations since 2014, it's been in spite of the club, not because of it. The club has minimal identifiable old-school Manly culture underpinning its foundations.

Mestrov is doing his best to rebuild the club. However, whilst it remains in Scott Penn's ownership, I think any temporary rebuild will be illusionary. Penn has sucked the life out of this club, just like the "weak gutted vulture person" he is.

Ricky Stuart Nrl GIF by Canberra Raiders

Not gonna lie, I thought things would be different / better after Des, but yeah.....

I also thought Flannagan, Siebold, Dymock might attract a decent player, but alas, our signings have been .... ummm .... can't think of the word tbh.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Not gonna lie, I thought things would be different / better after Des, but yeah.....

I also thought Flannagan, Siebold, Dymock might attract a decent player, but alas, our signings have been .... ummm .... can't think of the word tbh.
Dregs @Ryan That's all we have picked up so far. I think our salary cap situation for 2023 was even worse than many of us thought it was. It was rumoured that it was pretty bad, but so far it looks like Seibold has had no choice but to contract the leftovers and the dregs......

Spoony needs to go.

Vaega is a slug not a first grade winter.

Woods to lock UNBELIEVABLE!

Bullemore in the back row.

Condon?

Samuela dropped.

Rumours that our best juniors are heading out the f@#$&$# door.

Mestrov can f@#$ right off too.

Did we really sack Des Hasler and the Fulton's for this mob?

This guy had better give a decent honest appraisal of the team in the presser tonight.

Dreadful performance. The coach needs to acknowledge it and the players need to hear it from the coach.

Be nice to see some emotion and conviction. But the guy seems to have the presence of a plank.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8