Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Oh FFS. The guy needs time to make it his team. I get as knee jerk reactionary as the next jerk during game day threads… but I’m also impressed by the events over the past 24-48 hours and willing to give Seibs and Mestrov some breathing space to continue forging their vision.

Seibold has yet to prove anything, will go down as bad as Barrett.signing Woods. And tigers players is proof

Oh FFS. The guy needs time to make it his team. I get as knee jerk reactionary as the next jerk during game day threads… but I’m also impressed by the events over the past 24-48 hours and willing to give Seibs and Mestrov some breathing space to continue forging their vision.
I can recall some on here saying when Hasler made his return regarding the roster left him by Barrett that he needs to put together HIS team and he deserved that opportunity, funny how that was ok for him but with Seibold the death riding began immediately, a bit of a joke some of you blokes fair dinkum

Yeah that was the joke mate. I didn’t want Seibold as coach he’s a dud hence why I said he’s lived up to my expectations
My apologies to you as I read your post the wrong way

Have a Spirited and Passionate Winning day what ever you do today feathered freind

I can recall some on here saying when Hasler made his return regarding the roster left him by Barrett that he needs to put together HIS team and he deserved that opportunity, funny how that was ok for him but with Seibold the death riding began immediately, a bit of a joke some of you blokes fair dinkum
I think there's a bit of a difference, Des managed to assemble a championship team which was financially strapped to win a comp and guided 2 different teams to Grand Finals.

Seibold had all the best resources available in one of the biggest clubs in the comp and managed to come last.

There's no way I would trust Seibold with the squad. But here we are, and its going to be train wreck.

I think there's a bit of a difference, Des managed to assemble a championship team which was financially strapped to win a comp and guided 2 different teams to Grand Finals.

Seibold had all the best resources available in one of the biggest clubs in the comp and managed to come last.

There's no way I would trust Seibold with the squad. But here we are, and its going to be train wreck.
He gets very prickly about Siebold, and he absolutely hates Hasler. The old fella will start flying off the handle if you persist.

Good onya mate, if being a Negative Nellie rocks your boat then more power to you, personally for me I'm happy to wait it out and look forward to my team getting back to being competitive, I'm aware that there's a few like you on here that death ride the team hoping to have more evidence of Seibold's incompetence so you can trumpet your theories of spoons and such on this forum whereas I'm the direct opposite, this new way of showing support for your footy team is peculiar to say the least, in my opinion you guys aren't really Manly supporters, I would suggest that you're Hasler supporters and that's fine by me but wouldn't you be better off joining the the Titans site rather than coming on here and just making yourselves unhappy 🥲

Good onya mate, if being a Negative Nellie rocks your boat then more power to you, personally for me I'm happy to wait it out and look forward to my team getting back to being competitive, I'm aware that there's a few like you on here that death ride the team hoping to have more evidence of Seibold's incompetence so you can trumpet your theories of spoons and such on this forum whereas I'm the direct opposite, this new way of showing support for your footy team is peculiar to say the least, in my opinion you guys aren't really Manly supporters, I would suggest that you're Hasler supporters and that's fine by me but wouldn't you be better off joining the the Titans site rather than coming on here and just making yourselves unhappy 🥲
I think my point wasn't so much about keeping Hasler...but more about replacing him with someone who at least can make this team competitive. The theory about spoons isn't itself a theory, because Seibold already has one to his name. Ill support the team and hope they do well, but Im not going pretend to feel optimistic for the sake of proving Im more of a supporter than someone else, but that's more about me and that's not to say you aren't genuinely more optimistic about the team than I am.

Last edited:
I think my point wasn't so much about keeping Hasler...but more about replacing him with someone who at least can make this team competitive. The theory about spoons isn't itself a theory, because Seibold already has one to his name. Ill support the team and hope they do well, but Im not going pretend to feel optimistic for the sake of proving Im more of a supporter than someone else.
My biggest concern is Seibold.

Mestrov seems to be a gun.

I hope Seibold doesn't waste/undo the hard work Mestrov is putting in. I watch and listen, and get an uncomfortable feeling when I hear the man speak. To me, he is a tactical assistant. I think he is in way over his head, and it's not negativety. He is, after all, the only coach currently employed with a wooden spoon (and at the Broncos no less - quite a feat actually)

I hope Seibold doesn't waste/undo the hard work Mestrov is putting in. I watch and listen, and get an uncomfortable feeling when I hear the man speak. To me, he is a tactical assistant. I think he is in way over his head, and it's not negativety. He is, after all, the only coach currently employed with a wooden spoon (and at the Broncos no less - quite a feat actually)
Absolutely thats my point as well. The whole thing with Des is in the past. He was great, but now we look to the present. I mean suppose we hired someone like Madge Maguire who at least has won a premiership to his name, I wouldn't feel as bad, or maybe even Flanno.

Didn’t Brad Arthur get a spoon at the Eels.
Technically Bellamy got one as well in 2010.

Does that mean he's still a good coach though?
I reckon you should ask Wayne Bennett or Darius Boyd.
Undoubtedly, his coaching style in 2020 contributed to the Broncos spoon in 2020. However, a player revolt encouraged by the Broncos "Old Boys" was also a major contributing factor to that spoon in 2020. Seibold was set up for failure at the Broncos in my opinion.

Does that mean he's still a good coach though?
I reckon you should ask Wayne Bennett or Darius Boyd.
I have heard Pat Carrigan speak highly of him and more recently Ethan Bullemor…
As for Darius Boyd he was way past it whilst still at the Broncos when Seibs was there and I am sure him taking up a spot in their team didn’t help Seib’s success.
Wayne Bennett was also not happy that the Broncos moved him on for Seibs.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10