Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I like siebold he does come accross as a good guy. The duplicating of the cultural piece for new players like the storm do is brilliant, hes recruited some good players (brown, Tommy t and brooks but it is a results driven business and we are yet to see the results.

That being the case I'm with mestrov here, seibs has a contract for next year why rush.

As a fan I would be pissed if manly miss the 8 again and siebs doesnt lose his job and thats not person.

Icons of the club have been sacked as coach for less, Toovey had 3 top for finishes including a GF then missed the 8 and was punted. Des got us to a prelim final in 21 missed the finals in 22 and was punted. Why should an outsider get double the chances they got.

There are some serious alternate coaches out there, number one on my list would be Brad Arthur, he was there the last time with made a GF as tooveys assistant and was loved by the players and helped toovey get the boys in to a GF.

Madge is another or even Tooves. Another dual premiership Manly player who is building quite a reputation in the coaching ranks is Ballin, hes at the broncos as an assistant and is one of Slaters assistants with the maroon pricks. Ingls and a few other FOGs and been quiet open in their opinions that Ballin should be the next QLD coach.

The club holds all the aces, everyone needs to sit back and see what the next 4-8 weeks bring, if we finish 6 or above extend siebs. If we make the bottom of the 8 wait to till early next year. if we miss the out we move on him.

Siebold should be backing himself to get them in the 8 and then have better bargaining power however i cant help but think this is being stirred up by his manager. The same manager that Uncle Nick helped get reaccredited with the NRL then dogged the roosters by signing Sua'alil with the ARL
I dont blame the Club because they dont want to go down the same path as what happened with the last 2 coaches where they had to pay them out. before their time was up, Barrett and then Des so I can understand them playing safe this time around

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Sack the gronk!

He’s had his chance now and done nothing, defence has not improved one bit and here we are again in 10th place going backwards

Sack the gronk now!!
The Greatest Leaders in the History of the World have been Ruthless Leaders

Our Greatest Leader of our Legendary club was our Ruthless Premiership Winning God Father
Who Only Surrounded him self with Hand picked Winners and this is why We have been most successful under his watch
Losers Never Lasted Long Under Arko .

Arko is the Man
1716434687408.png

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
I'm neither in the sack Seibold crew, nor have a strong affinity to him but I do like this stand.

No rush, aee how things play out the next two months
Couldn't agree more. There is no need to rush into a contract extension when he's already contracted for the rest of this season and next season as well.

Not quite sure when coaches pushing for early extensions became a thing (I suspect Des was a pioneer), but unless the coach in question is Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy, I just don't see why a club would bite. Coaching is a volatile gig, and anyone considering a career as a coach should keep that in mind. If you want job security, try the public service.

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
The bloke has done nothing to gain the vote of confidence. He had heard the drums beating and issed in the ear of his manager or vice versa and wants something signed asap. Well hopefully the club doesn't fall for it and shows him the door at the end of this year if there is no improvement, which clearly looks like there will be no improvement. Bring back Tooves & Ballin as a combo coaching setup.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
We are all blessed to be in our forums nest where we express our passionate views.
Passion can be run high and we should always try and not make it personal

I do not sense any great Aura or Inspiration from our Head Coach every time I see him representing our Legendary club . He seems dry a Character , Unemotional , startled and aloof

He does not have the traits of all these Premiership Winners
The shrewdest of a Bennet . The Coolness of a Cleary , The Passion of a Maguire or the Tenacity of a Bellamy . Des at his Peak also had spark where he would be fuming in his coaches box and Break the Dressing room doors .

But that is my view and I would like to see your perspective

Nordburg

First Grader
Couldn't agree more. There is no need to rush into a contract extension when he's already contracted for the rest of this season and next season as well.

Not quite sure when coaches pushing for early extensions became a thing (I suspect Des was a pioneer), but unless the coach in question is Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy, I just don't see why a club would bite. Coaching is a volatile gig, and anyone considering a career as a coach should keep that in mind. If you want job security, try the public service.
I suppose the argument for an extension is that they can plan for the future in regards to player retention/signings.Look at Des,he wasn’t guaranteed an extension,so he didn’t risk playing up and coming players and hoped the tried and failed ones would get him through.
In Seibold’s case,I suspect it’s Isaac Moses that has been doing the pushing for an extension,with a threat of taking players out(please) or promises of bringing in more “quality”

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
s.Look at Des,he wasn’t guaranteed an extension,so he didn’t risk playing up and coming players and hoped the tried and failed ones would get him through.
As Much as I will always Respect Des as a Manly Legend
I will never support him or any Manly person for Manly underperformances
Des was declining when he got the sack at the Dogs when he was hired at Manly
At Manly his teams performance were inconsistent his team selections were puzzling and his game plans were predictable and unsuitable to the modern era

Now we can all come up with all the excuses why Des in his second coming was not successful at Manly
But the Fact is Nothing Great has ever come from excuses and Des was not Great in his second coming at Manly

The Indian

Bencher
I suppose the argument for an extension is that they can plan for the future in regards to player retention/signings.Look at Des,he wasn’t guaranteed an extension,so he didn’t risk playing up and coming players and hoped the tried and failed ones would get him through.
In Seibold’s case,I suspect it’s Isaac Moses that has been doing the pushing for an extension,with a threat of taking players out(please) or promises of bringing in more “quality”
Yep Moses/Seibold, the tag team who has delivered us Woods, Condon, Lodge, Johns, Talau , Brooks and probably more I've forgotten.

So pleased the club hasn't fallen for Seibolds games. Blokes done zero to earn another contract.... who'd even offer him a job at the moment so where's the risk of letting it slide for a while.

Hats off to whoever made this decision not to be pressured by this bloke.

Eagle 1

First Grader

Exactly, it's not as if there (clubs) lining up knocking on Seib's door.

madmax

Bencher
Yep Moses/Seibold, the tag team who has delivered us Woods, Condon, Lodge, Johns, Talau , Brooks and probably more I've forgotten.

So pleased the club hasn't fallen for Seibolds games. Blokes done zero to earn another contract.... who'd even offer him a job at the moment so where's the risk of letting it slide for a while.

Hats off to whoever made this decision not to be pressured by this bloke.
What’s wrong with Talau & Brooks?

double hoops

First Grader
I'm sure everyone, Little Tony and Big Tony all have a focus right now on winning on Friday, and which players are added and released before June 30.

Everyone does not include the irrelevant media with a cycle to sell, and just may be a player manager who if I understand correctly represents both Brad and Little Tony.

We never did replace Flanno did we?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16