Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe it would help, but I’m dubious. I don’t know if our team is mature enough to cop a spray and be motivated to improve. And we have been terrible for a while now; I reckon the benefit of a coach spray passed a while ago.

Kevvie’s spray was a challenge to his near top of the table team, basically saying they’ve achieved nothing and they can’t let standards slip. Completely different context to us.

Personally I don’t need to hear the coach give the players a spray. The only thing I care about is seeing effort on the field, which to be fair was decent enough in the first 50 mins last night. Shame the game goes for 80mins though.
Kevvie is petrified of a repeat of last year and the broncs sliding away. I thought the blow up was the first crack in their campaign. They should have lost to Newcastle and did lose to the titans. They are now starting to be hit with injuries with Flegler and Riki likely both gone for the season. Broncs have basically been injury free up until now. They are looking flat now and I think the Phins are a big chance to get them with Walsh out for the next 3 weeks. Interesting time ahead for the donkeys.

Kevvie is petrified of a repeat of last year and the broncs sliding away. I thought the blow up was the first crack in their campaign. They should have lost to Newcastle and did lose to the titans. They are now starting to be hit with injuries with Flegler and Riki likely both gone for the season. Broncs have basically been injury free up until now. They are looking flat now and I think the Phins are a big chance to get them with Walsh out for the next 3 weeks. Interesting time ahead for the donkeys.
Let's hope the fade away has begun.

I think my point wasn't so much about keeping Hasler...but more about replacing him with someone who at least can make this team competitive. The theory about spoons isn't itself a theory, because Seibold already has one to his name. Ill support the team and hope they do well, but Im not going pretend to feel optimistic for the sake of proving Im more of a supporter than someone else, but that's more about me and that's not to say you aren't genuinely more optimistic about the team than I am.
Well you're a different man to me and historically Seibold doesn't have a spoon to his name, he left well before seasons end and the reins were taken over by Peter Gentle. Also on the point of him leaving it's a well known fact that he was white anted by those grubs from past Broncos teams that were pushing for their mate Walters, those bastards did terrible things to Seibold including posting sh1t on social media about his family etc, if it were in the normal workplace he could have easily sued the Broncos for a fortune, in fact he probably should have, I've represented a number of people that have faced such bullying and had success, it's a wonder the man lasted as long as he did. Anyway like I've said in the past I'm not suggesting that Seibold is a panacea for all our woes but I do believe he deserves a fair go and especially after the social media campaign run against him in Brisbane, I believe he would be an occasional visitor to this forum and some of the crap that gets put on here is putrid and unnecessary particularly given we are supposed to be a Manly supporter forum. Anyway I've had a gutful of writing on this particular subject, it's disappointing that I have to consistently read the same ill-informed rubbish, regardless of whether it's the coach or a player whilst ever they're wearing maroon and white they will have my support, GO MANLY

Well you're a different man to me and historically Seibold doesn't have a spoon to his name, he left well before seasons end and the reins were taken over by Peter Gentle. Also on the point of him leaving it's a well known fact that he was white anted by those grubs from past Broncos teams that were pushing for their mate Walters, those bastards did terrible things to Seibold including posting sh1t on social media about his family etc, if it were in the normal workplace he could have easily sued the Broncos for a fortune, in fact he probably should have, I've represented a number of people that have faced such bullying and had success, it's a wonder the man lasted as long as he did. Anyway like I've said in the past I'm not suggesting that Seibold is a panacea for all our woes but I do believe he deserves a fair go and especially after the social media campaign run against him in Brisbane, I believe he would be an occasional visitor to this forum and some of the crap that gets put on here is putrid and unnecessary particularly given we are supposed to be a Manly supporter forum. Anyway I've had a gutful of writing on this particular subject, it's disappointing that I have to consistently read the same ill-informed rubbish, regardless of whether it's the coach or a player whilst ever they're wearing maroon and white they will have my support, GO MANLY
Time will tell if Seibold can perform a miracle and help Manly achieve what they hired him to do. I think getting personal is one thing and isn't on, but I have only questioned his ability as a coach and I think as fans we are entitled to do that. Anyway, I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong because it means that the only winner out of this is the club, which I care dearly about.

One thing I like about Seibold is that he’s a cool cucumber. Unlike other coaches he doesn’t chew gum like a strung out hooker, contort his mouth like a maniacal joker having a stroke, throw objects, slam down headsets, terrorise water bottles or rip doors off their hinges.

He’s always chill. It’s a good vibe.

Time will tell if Seibold can perform a miracle and help Manly achieve what they hired him to do. I think getting personal is one thing and isn't on, but I have only questioned his ability as a coach and I think as fans we are entitled to do that. Anyway, I'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong because it means that the only winner out of this is the club, which I care dearly about.
Great post mate. It's a footy forum after all, and I'm sure Mr Siebold couldn't care less about a few supporters calling him Spoony. I too would love Sir Anthony to stick it up every South's, Brisbane and Manly fan who has the audacity to question whether sacking Demonic Desmond and appointing Tony Terrific was a good idea. He may well surprise, it would be amazing if he does.

Another coach at the helm of an injury riddled or drama filled season and results falling accordingly.

“Jerry it’s played, soooooo plaaaaayedddd….”

He is, after all, the only coach currently employed with a wooden spoon (and at the Broncos no less - quite a feat actually)
You forgot Bellamy, Brad Arthur & Ricky Stuart. Tim Sheens also narrowly avoided one on points differential.

You forgot Bellamy, Brad Arthur & Ricky Stuart. Tim Sheens also narrowly avoided one on points differential.

Brad Arthur is very upset with your false reporting. He is a SPOON winning coach.

The 2018 Parramatta Eels season was the 72nd in the club's history. Coached by Brad Arthur and co-captained by Tim Mannah, Beau Scott and Clinton Gutherson, they finished the NRL's 2018 Telstra Premiership in last place,

Yes as was pointed out earlier I stand corrected (although Bellamy doesn't count). Arthur and Sticky have however enough runs re GF appearances. My point was merely an expression of deep concern I have re the capability of our current head coach. With the way this season looks to be heading, I would say 1 good season out of 4 (with some pretty decent line ups at his disposal) doesn't fill me with confidence moving forward. I wish for nothing more than to be proven spectacularly wrong!
Go Manly

Yes as was pointed out earlier I stand corrected (although Bellamy doesn't count). Arthur and Sticky have however enough runs re GF appearances. My point was merely an expression of deep concern I have re the capability of our current head coach. With the way this season looks to be heading, I would say 1 good season out of 4 (with some pretty decent line ups at his disposal) doesn't fill me with confidence moving forward. I wish for nothing more than to be proven spectacularly wrong!
Go Manly
You might be proved correct but I think you are writing off this season too quickly.

I like the fact that Siebold is taking steps to build a team that can play his style of football. Right now he is working with Des' squad.

I saw enough at the start of the year to be confident that Siebold can get this team firing. Injuries have really screwed us this year because we have no depth, but he is working to address that.

Great post mate. It's a footy forum after all, and I'm sure Mr Siebold couldn't care less about a few supporters calling him Spoony. I too would love Sir Anthony to stick it up every South's, Brisbane and Manly fan who has the audacity to question whether sacking Demonic Desmond and appointing Tony Terrific was a good idea. He may well surprise, it would be amazing if he does.
After his effort at McDonalds, I reckon Sleepy Seibold has a nice ring to it..give that man a Forty Winks Sponsor!

Yep, the signing of Johns in hindsight was an error although he did play well during the preseason so maybe he fooled plenty of us. Signing Arthur showed he at least realised the error which is a positive sign.

Interesting the big focus in the preseason on togetherness or connection (I forget the actual buzzword they all used) but it wasn't long before some of the close-knit squad were moving on or being moved on.

We are starting to see Seibold's vision for the side going forward. So a strong performance this afternoon will bode well, but a messy loss will have the alarm bells ringing a bit louder for sure.

Only about one in every 30 coaches ever wins a premiership ...

Predicting that a coach won't succeed is the equivalent brilliant prediction of forecasting that the sun will rise in the East.

Some of the numbnuts would impress me more if they would predict which coach WILL win a premiership ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8