Sadly .. The post of the year.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
It Is a sad and depressing day when one of the greatest Manly supporters and contributors to Silvertails is brought to this point by the mindless and relentless negativity and vitriol of the Numbnuts ...

@Mark from Brisbane .. posted the following in the Optimism thread a minute go ... but for mine it deserves to be highligted in it's own thread .... Mark ... I for one agree with you 100%

I’ve not posted here for weeks , and very much doubt I’ll be back , but I’ll see what 2024 brings.

There’s just so much negativity, it’s fair dinkum depressing reading the stuff that’s posted ( and in fact a member questioned my mental health , which is fine , but that sort of was the straw that broke the camels back ).

I’ve been on here for a very long time , through some good times , and bad , and I do get that people are entitled to an opinion , but the constant negativity really gets me down, and it’s a happier football experience when you aren’t reading what’s being said.

I’ve hardly looked on here for two weeks and you know , my enjoyment of the last two games wad much better for it. I was able to watch the games , enjoy the fight they had in them , swear at the bad decisions , and end up being proud of what they did. I just read last nights game say thread , and yeah absolutely nothing has changed.

Every thread is the same, and anyone with any semblance of positivity is shot down in flames immediately.

I get we didn’t win the last two games , but by golly gee what an effort this bits and pieces team put up against two of the real heavy weights in this years competition but no , for many , it’s not good enough.

The coach is making changes , Brooks should be a great addition in 24, but clearly we are still short a top line hooker and another 1 or 2 really good props , not superstars as we can’t afford them but good no nonsense players that just do their job , and well.

So many want to bag the coach for his time at the Broncos , he was shafted, internally , by the old boys network because their mate Kevvie wasn’t chosen, he was on a hiding to nothing the moment he was selected by the CEO ( who was also then shafted by the old boys ). But nah all we get is this “ the coach is proud “ crap.

Despite our poor record , I think the coach is starting to have an impact , who is let go , and who comes in as a result by November will give us a better idea of where he’s at. BUT in my opinion , it’ll take every bit of his 3 years to improve the side as there’s a lot of very average players on the books, sadly including one very expensive ex 5/8.

Anyway thought I’d make a final comment , which could in fact be my final comment full stop , but I’ll check in a week or two before kick off in 2024 and see if the mood has changed, however if it hasn’t I think my Silvertails days are done.

Really , it’s just a game , but I think many on here have forgotten that , which is much the pity.

Sayonara all , I hope 2024 is a better year , and I hope a few on here start looking for the little positives because hopefully with lots of little positives we can build back into some very big positives.

Oh lastly , don’t bother coming back at me with your negative , statistical bad news , I’m truly over it, and when I say “ my final comment “, it’s exactly what I mean.

Fan for over 50 years and founder of the Manly Warringah Travelling Supporters, you can also follow me on Twitter @MarkTramby Enjoying the retired life and all that brings.

Last edited:
I completely understand where Mark is coming from.

There are certain posters in here I don’t engage with as they can be……not sure how to say it……unpleasant….

Maybe it’s not just the players that need to put the work in to be better…..

I completely understand where Mark is coming from.

There are certain posters in here I don’t engage with as they can be……not sure how to say it……unpleasant….

Maybe it’s not just the players that need to put the work in to be better…..
I don't believe that self-regulation will be the answer here. It's time for an offseason cull. This applies to both players and posters.......

Life’s short and sport is to be enjoyed. Honestly, I don’t know why some on here get so worked up and seem hell bent on making things personal (against players and others at the club, officials as well as fellow posters). Perhaps it is because of other things going on in their lives that the performance of their footy team seems to have such a large impact on them.

Mark, you made the right call for yourself. You can’t control others so taking action yourself is the only thing to do. Enjoy the last couple of games, and the off season. Hope you pop in from time to time.

It Is a sad and depressing day when one of the greatest Manly supporters and contributors to Silvertails is brought to this point by the mindless and relentless negativity and vitriol of the Numbnuts ...

@Mark from Brisbane .. posted the following in the Optimism thread a minute go ... but for mine it deserves to be highligted in it's own thread .... Mark ... I for one agree with you 100%

I’ve not posted here for weeks , and very much doubt I’ll be back , but I’ll see what 2024 brings.

There’s just so much negativity, it’s fair dinkum depressing reading the stuff that’s posted ( and in fact a member questioned my mental health , which is fine , but that sort of was the straw that broke the camels back ).

I’ve been on here for a very long time , through some good times , and bad , and I do get that people are entitled to an opinion , but the constant negativity really gets me down, and it’s a happier football experience when you aren’t reading what’s being said.

I’ve hardly looked on here for two weeks and you know , my enjoyment of the last two games wad much better for it. I was able to watch the games , enjoy the fight they had in them , swear at the bad decisions , and end up being proud of what they did. I just read last nights game say thread , and yeah absolutely nothing has changed.

Every thread is the same, and anyone with any semblance of positivity is shot down in flames immediately.

I get we didn’t win the last two games , but by golly gee what an effort this bits and pieces team put up against two of the real heavy weights in this years competition but no , for many , it’s not good enough.

The coach is making changes , Brooks should be a great addition in 24, but clearly we are still short a top line hooker and another 1 or 2 really good props , not superstars as we can’t afford them but good no nonsense players that just do their job , and well.

So many want to bag the coach for his time at the Broncos , he was shafted, internally , by the old boys network because their mate Kevvie wasn’t chosen, he was on a hiding to nothing the moment he was selected by the CEO ( who was also then shafted by the old boys ). But nah all we get is this “ the coach is proud “ crap.

Despite our poor record , I think the coach is starting to have an impact , who is let go , and who comes in as a result by November will give us a better idea of where he’s at. BUT in my opinion , it’ll take every bit of his 3 years to improve the side as there’s a lot of very average players on the books, sadly including one very expensive ex 5/8.

Anyway thought I’d make a final comment , which could in fact be my final comment full stop , but I’ll check in a week or two before kick off in 2024 and see if the mood has changed, however if it hasn’t I think my Silvertails days are done.

Really , it’s just a game , but I think many on here have forgotten that , which is much the pity.

Sayonara all , I hope 2024 is a better year , and I hope a few on here start looking for the little positives because hopefully with lots of little positives we can build back into some very big positives.

Oh lastly , don’t bother coming back at me with your negative , statistical bad news , I’m truly over it, and when I say “ my final comment “, it’s exactly what I mean.

Fan for over 50 years and founder of the Manly Warringah Travelling Supporters, you can also follow me on Twitter @MarkTramby Enjoying the retired life and all that brings.
I agree with you and Mark Woodsie, well said Mark and 100% true, take care brother

Didn’t see this tbh but thanks for sharing here @Woodsie. Totally agree with Mark (who has always been one of my favorite posters) place is f$&@ing miserable. I do worry about how the negativity impacts others and the headspace of those who so frequently sprout it. Anyway this place wouldn’t be around if it wasn’t for posters like @Mark from Brisbane so hope he’s back after a break. Keep cool all.

Funny Mark should say this because I'm almost completely in the same boat. Haven't posted for weeks, have had a look from time to time and have totally enjoyed watching the team without all the Silvertails baggage.

I used to love it here, lots of warmth and wit. Now it's largely full of bog ordinary vitriol.

It's sad but the team and what they do is far more important than a bunch of jaded (are they even?) fans.

My impression of the place has always been it was like a pub filled with sharp and interesting Manly fans. Now it's that pub that everyone has moved on from apart from four or five bitter old bastards in the corner.

I hope it somehow changes.

Yep Mark has hit the nail on the head there. Hopefully he will be back. You should not be vilified for feeling proud of a spare parts team taking it to two top 4 teams. Some people on here have unrealistic expectations.
100% Problem is there are plenty around here that no matter how good we go, it’s still not good enough. 1 win from a GF in 2021? Nah still didn’t beat a top 4 team and on and on it goes.

Thanks for bringing Mark's post to my attention @Woodsie . I agree with what he and you have written because I have been feeling a bit the same way for a while now too but I just try to not let it get to me.

Anyway, here is the link to Mark's post if anyone would like to show him some support:

I have followed the Mighty Sea Eagles long enough to know that when you are doing The Supporting Life you have to take your lumps sometimes, and that is where we are at the moment. But the last two losses have not been crap, and if we do not sign another person over the off-season there is still proof shown for hope.

Better times are coming. Our last two games are Bulldogs and Ticklepies, they are both thoroughly winnable and I think we win them both to end the year the right way.

Meantime let's all be kind to each other and enjoy the fact that we are supporting the greatest rugby league team of all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8