Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kevinward777

First Grader
It’s likely we will never know.

The next 6 hours or so will be interesting , the silence from Narrabeen is deafening to say the least.

If the Pennster calls a press conference we will know he’s appealing , if nothing is said we are as guilty as all hell!!
And if we do just cop this, it defies any logic whatsoever. Why did Penn take the stance he did? Why did we poke the hornets nest? Why did we not just come clean and show some remorse? Why did we ask for two extensions? Surely he has something significant up his sleeve, is he a successful businessman or just some guy who got lucky and fell into a bunch of cash. It seems completely ridiculous that he would take the stance he has without believing he would win. The NRL have hit us hard, a points deduction was never in the equation. He needs to come out all guns firing if we have been unfairly treated.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
I didn't see this coming, I didn't factor in Bozo's hasty departure and his denial of doing anything untoward. After all he's a was very respected "Legend" but he's been caught cheating along with Kelly. Did we get a halfback to back flip with some of these deals? I'm very disappointed, he was brought back in to fix things not **** them.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So what's next. Penns throw up their hands and say we're outta here maybe !?!?
Next stop Perth Sea Eagles or Adelaide.

Exactly, yes exactly what Greenslime wants, it’s all going to plan.

Bye bye northern beaches hello Perth Sea Eagles!

Slide

Reserve Grader
If it’s $660k over 2 years, does it have to be split 50/50? If so, front end a few players now so the impact is lessened for ‘19.

If we can actually wear the $660k across 2 seasons, let’s aim to keep our costs low in ‘18 to take the bulk of the penalty this year, then next year is less affected.

Even better would be for other clubs to be investigated and found to be in a similar or worse state.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Like others have said. 300k short doesnt really hurt this year as our squad is already cap compliant.

Despite the disaster of Saturday we have strong squad.

Might hurt next season, although if we can find 300k worth of TPA's we should be ok.

Mabye we can ask uncle Nick if he has some spares.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
And if we do just cop this, it defies any logic whatsoever. Why did Penn take the stance he did? Why did we poke the hornets nest? Why did we not just come clean and show some remorse? Why did we ask for two extensions? Surely he has something significant up his sleeve, is he a successful businessman or just some guy who got lucky and fell into a bunch of cash. It seems completely ridiculous that he would take the stance he has without believing he would win. The NRL have hit us hard, a points deduction was never in the equation. He needs to come out all guns firing if we have been unfairly treated.

I’m mystified, the protests of innocence , the two delays, the obvious huge legal bill WHY would you bother??

We still don't have the exact circumstances. Greensprog just wants to punish us for trying to smear him during his tenure at the bulldogs. I think we should reserve judgement until we have the full facts. Greensprog's view is that it has nothing to do with TPA’s. And I think that's where the issue is.. Penn is adamant that it's to do with TPA’s and its interpretation.

Ryan

Journey Man
To each his own - my point is it is completely pointless.

No worries. I just completely disagree. If the world went about business with people just shrugging their shoulders, doing nothing, there would be 0 achievement, accountability and/or effort.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
The other question is.

We were rumoured to have about 800k left in our cap becuse of the investigation?

Does that mean we have 500k left?

Is that being used to cover Thompson?

we use it to forward end contracts to ease issues next season

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Exactly, yes exactly what Greenslime wants, it’s all going to plan.

Bye bye northern beaches hello Perth Sea Eagles!

I don't think the penalty is of sufficient severity to cause Penn to bail out. I'm sure he won't run because we all know flight is consistent with guilt.

manly al

First Grader
Penn and Gorman will obviously need some time to consider this decision and additionally receive some appropriate and professional advice . Hopefully the response will not be too delayed though and also in order to counter some inevitable and irrational public reaction .

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
What a **** place this has become since Penn got involved.
Yes, despite it being often referenced that they are successful businessmen, the number of bungled or mishandled issues regarding players, staff, sponsors and supporters has been alarming.

Nonetheless they put their own cash into keeping the club running and I don't see any prospective buyers lining up.

So we can only hope that Gorman stays and thrives as CEO to get the club in order.

Kevinward777

First Grader
I’m mystified, the protests of innocence , the two delays, the obvious huge legal bill WHY would you bother??
It’s just plain stupid isn’t it. That’s if we are in fact guilty... I’m waiting to here what Scott Penn has to say before passing judgement. But yeah, if he concedes then that will just about do me as far as his leadership goes.

Mals

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Scott Penn should resign as MWSE chairman so Rick Penn can appoint someone with brains. He’s been asleep at the wheel since he got control of the MWSE board.

D

Deleted member 24974

The punishment not that bad really. 330k off the salary cap for this year and next, 750k fine and the Roosters lose their CEO.
The money off the cap almost pays the fine and we lose Lewis Brown next year to cover the cap penalty.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
They’d have known about this early this morning and to be honest as a member I would have expected at least an email station by that “ we are reviewing the decision and hope to make a statement by the end of the day”.

To me the silence is deafening!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17