Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see other clubs come out to support Manly against the NRL's handling of this whole self-manufactured (and apparently self-perpetuating) scandal. Who's to say Toddy's clowns won't turn up on their doorsteps next?
Well the Broncos are safe the pack of ring holes.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Investigating bodies must have boundaries within which they are permitted to legitimately operate. They should be required to identify the allegation/s and then only be permitted access to records and data that have a logical and relevant connection to the specific allegation themselves. Fishing expeditions in cases such as this are limited to audits which does not include looking up the staff's skirts. The NRL have the onus to establish a logical and relevant connection between the material they seek and the allegations before they can assert some lawful right to interfere with people's individual privacy. The current demand for private and personal information is an abuse of power and I sadly suspect there is a agenda behind this extraordinary attempt by the NRL to find something / anything to make the mud stick. Powers that allow such an inquisition are legislatively extended to limited bodies such as the Crime Commission. To my knowledge the NRL are not one of those investigative bodies empowered by such legislation and they are trying to come in the back door.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
giphy.gif

Penn should just fire the mysterious front office man and say 'he has left the club'. Worked for the Broncs

They have had 3 audits already and Manly have complied. If they didn't need the personal devices at that time then why demand them now? Whatever sanction is handed down will get appealed and will be reversed as the whole thing has been handled poorly by the police and NRL. The amount of leaks in the media to date is enough to satisfy no-confidence with privacy protection. And unless the NRL hold conclusive evidence in hand at the time then they will be forced to reverse any sanctions.

As someone has mentioned already there must be some juicy emails that Greenburg must have/get rid of.

Don't care how it looks in the public eye don't hand over any personal unless it's bound by a legal confidential agreement subject to strict prosecution terms for breeches.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
Who cares how it looks ?

Fk them all, I say.

Exactly, even if you hand over everything possible they will conjure up some bs in the media. The damage has been done already due to the very poor investigation thus far and even if there is a little foot note at page 50 of the paper stating that Manly have been cleared it won't change anyones opinion of our club. So if the lawyers are saying stick to your guns then do just that.

If anyone needs reminding look at how Snake's allegations and dismissal went.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Pretty sure that Penn runs his non Manly businesses from the US.
They actually make him money, unlike the Manly Franchise :p

Nothing to worry about, it's just going to be lawyers v lawyers.

The earlier reports of the NRL wanting devices from family members seems to be the issue. Hard to see how non-employee's devices can be demanded by any corporation @:cool:

Ritchie's regular referencing of some mysterious 'front office man' is suspicious. He sounds like he has a clear agenda against this man :mad:
I am happy with that and understand that Penn has overseas business interests.

To the layman however, the timing is unfortunate. After all, he is the interim CEO - not just the Chairman. Who has he deputised? DCE?

HappilyManly

Journey Man
I am happy with that and understand that Penn has overseas business interests.

To the layman however, the timing is unfortunate. After all, he is the interim CEO - not just the Chairman. Who has he deputised? DCE?
Geoff Day is the second in command.

Bozo was reportedly in Hawaii last week too.@:)

The NRL 'descended' onto Narra last week, so Penn would not have had their schedule :shake:

The DT hysteria does not necessarily reflect the true state of affairs @:cool:

For all we know, the disgruntled businessman is a consumate liar. :cool:

Yet the NRL have acted on his information, which was given to the Crime Commission to try and distance himself from match fixing claims involvement :confused:

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
If the nrl were happy to walk away from pursuing Gee in the donkey's investigation as soon as he left the club, why are they pushing for access to family members private phones etc. At least Gee actually worked for the donkeys, unlike family members who would basically have nothing to do with the club apart from it being their husband's, dad's, wife's employer

lulubelle

Reserve Grader
The club has no right to require their employees to hand over their personal property.
Agree but funny that these same guys bullied people that they sacked when Penns took over and demanded their mobile phones and took their laptops - no questions asked. Another point - staff were never allowed to take time off during the season unless it was for a very good reason - obviously the rules have changed and Bozo has some special dispensation. I wonder if he took his laptop with him? The club is under fire at the moment and at a most crucial time when they are in the finals and hopefully go on to win the big one - not a good look for Penn to go missing. Not good for sponsors either. At a crucial time when you need your leader to lead you into battle and protect you he goes running. If the club has nothing to hide hand over everything like they made previous staff members do in that way the club will get cleared and they will stop their brand being tarnished and their boys being distracted on the field.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Smh
The NRL is keen to speak to Cleary, who returned to Australia after spending time overseas. Investigators wish to speak to Cleary, responsible for compiling the club's pitch for centre of excellence funding from the NSW government during his tenure, about a raft of matters including player contracts and a high staff turnover.

Fairfax Media revealed the NSW Organised Crime Squad, as part of their probe into match fixing, found secret payments in breach of salary cap rules may have been made to players, prompting the NRL's own probe.
---------
This is not correct, if previous reports are to be believed.

One businessman made a claim of paying cash to a number of players from a number of Clubs, not just Manly.:swear:

As this is not a crime, the Crime Commission could not investigate this claim - hence they could not find it to be true nor untrue :banghead:

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Smh
The NRL is keen to speak to Cleary, who returned to Australia after spending time overseas. Investigators wish to speak to Cleary, responsible for compiling the club's pitch for centre of excellence funding from the NSW government during his tenure, about a raft of matters including player contracts and a high staff turnover.

Fairfax Media revealed the NSW Organised Crime Squad, as part of their probe into match fixing, found secret payments in breach of salary cap rules may have been made to players, prompting the NRL's own probe.
---------
This is not correct, if previous reports are to be believed.

One businessman made a claim of paying cash to a number of players from a number of Clubs, not just Manly.:swear:

As this is not a crime, the Crime Commission could not investigate this claim - hence they could not find it to be true nor untrue :banghead:

The ATO see this as a potential crime

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Agree but funny that these same guys bullied people that they sacked when Penns took over and demanded their mobile phones and took their laptops - no questions asked. Another point - staff were never allowed to take time off during the season unless it was for a very good reason - obviously the rules have changed and Bozo has some special dispensation.
I find it hard to believe that the club or Penn demanded sacked staff hand over anything that wasn't issued to them in the first place by the 'club' regardless of who owned the club at the time they were provided to the employees.

I know where I work if you leave the company you are required to hand back everything as well including phones/laptops etc.

Also Bozo is the Head of Football- he is probably above the mere employees who can't take leave during the season - with rank comes privilege!

It happens all the time in the real world!

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
13 10 3 80 22
13 9 4 110 20
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16