Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HM, your post reminded me of Scott Penn's fair and reasonable appeal last year to Todd Greenberg to show some support to one of his (Greenberg's) clubs.......

The Australian - Brent Read - July 17 2017

Manly boss Scott Penn urges Todd Greenberg to be more supportive
Manly chairman Scott Penn has spoken to NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg about the need for the game to be more supportive as senior Sea Eagles officials prepare to meet the integrity unit over the latest allegations involving the club.

Penn, whose club maintained their quest for a top-four spot with a hard-fought win over Wests Tigers at Lottoland yesterday, defiantly insisted the latest claims against the Sea Eagles had no foundation.

He told Greenberg the same during a conversation last week in which he urged the game’s chief executive to conclude the investigation as quickly as possible to mitigate the brand damage the club had already suffered.

Manly games were last year at the centre of match-fixing allegations, which were investigated by the NSW Police and NSW Crime Commission and found to have no foundation.

Out of that investigation, as well as information allegedly gleaned from disgruntled employees in recent weeks over a toxic office environment, fresh claims have emerged of potential salary cap irregularities.

Penn insisted his club had no case to answer, something he reinforced in talks with Greenberg.

“I said to him we’ve got to work together on this because we really feel like we’ve been hung out to dry and unfairly treated when nothing has been proven,” Penn said.

“We didn’t get the support we felt we needed from the game. We’ve just said that in future if these things happen ... if it’s related to individuals, not to the club, then support the club.

“Don’t throw the club under the bus. With the match-fixing straight away they knew it had nothing to do with the club. It was potentially a couple of individuals that may or may not have been with the club any more.

“Well, come out and say that. Come out and say that it’s nothing to do with the club itself. That’s where it’s been really unfair for the club because our brand is the one that’s been on the front page of the paper and on TV as if it’s a club issue. That’s the most disappointing part.” Penn said he would happily meet the NRL integrity unit and hand over any documentation it required in order to expedite the investigation.

“We have nothing to hide,” he said. “I rang Todd 10 days ago and said come down next week, what do we have to do to wrap this up as quickly as possible. He said we have to work through a process.

Full Story Link: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...e/news-story/697479be96422fb375a657f429e26a35
Personally, I feel it's gone beyond appeals and such now, whether we are guilty or not is now irrelevant in the eyes of the NRL and Todburger, we are being made the sacrificial lambs in this whole salary cap cheating/TPA fiasco.
It's a warning to other clubs of what will happen if they're even thinking of going down the same path as what Manly has done, legal or not.
As they used to say in the old Western movies parlance, give them a fair trial and then hang "em", Toddy does not care whether we're innocent or guilty, it's the bigger picture and mostly scoring brownie points in order to keep his job, is what's more important to him, the FB.

Personally, I feel it's gone beyond appeals and such now, whether we are guilty or not is now irrelevant in the eyes of the NRL and Todburger, we are being made the sacrificial lambs in this whole salary cap cheating/TPA fiasco.
It's a warning to other clubs of what will happen if they're even thinking of going down the same path as what Manly has done, legal or not.
As they used to say in the old Western movies parlance, give them a fair trial and then hang "em", Toddy does not care whether we're innocent or guilty, it's the bigger picture and mostly scoring brownie points in order to keep his job, is what's more important to him, the FB.

Nothing to do with guilt, all to do with image, Turdburgers image!!

Was Zorba ever interviewed?
He's written an article about how he was "in the know" because he was on three management boards at the time of the alleged indiscretions yet he doesn't mention if he gave evidence to the NRL.

I just hope that the outcome is reported objectivity. There are obvious flaws in the system but what I don't like is being compared to the storm and Eels rorting which was systematic and involved direct payments from the club. This is a huge difference. If you need a million emails and texts to draw inference that manly orchistrated the TPAs then your argument must be pretty weak. Let's hope the media gets some perspective.
Agree Spartan there is a quote I can’t quite recall but if ur trying to “argue the grey area (NRL) then u have already lost the argument “or something along those lines

Manly Daily 28 March, 2018

Arko’s anger

Manly legend ‘irate’ at NRL treatment of Immortal Fulton

Jon Geddes

image.ashx

image.ashx

Sea Eagles “godfather” Ken Arthurson and club’s Immortal, Bob Fulton. Picture: Simon Dean

SEA Eagles “godfather” Ken Arthurson has described the treatment of rugby league Immortal Bob Fulton by the NRL over the club’s salary cap drama as “bloody disgraceful”.

“I am really irate about the statement made by (NRL CEO Todd) Greenberg that ‘Bozo’ would not be welcomed back into the game,” said “Arko”.

While Fulton had not been interviewed by anyone at the NRL during their investigation, Greenberg said he was heavily engaged in negotiations for the period of time he worked at Manly and would no longer be considered for a role as an Australian selector.

“That is beyond the pale,” Arthurson said.

“Here is a bloke who has given in excess of 50 years service to the game, not only as a player but as a coach, coach of Australia and selector and administrator,” Arthurson said.

“And nobody has shown any evidence to my knowledge that he has done anything wrong.

“It’s bloody disgraceful for a bloke like that.

“He is one of our first Immortals and it is just very, very wrong and unfair to a guy with that background.

Yesterday, a bemused Fulton said he was still waiting to hear from the NRL what he was supposed to have done wrong.

‘‘ it is just very, very wrong and unfair to a guy with that background

Arthurson spoke with Fulton’s wife Ann yesterday, offering his full support. “His contribution to the game doesn’t deserve that,” he said.

The rugby league doyen prefaced his remarks by making it clear he had no idea what anyone at Manly was being paid, nor did he have any input into the administration of the club.

Arthurson, as Manly club secretary, brought Fulton from Wollongong to Manly as a 17-year-old. He became virtually a second father to him. And Arthurson ranks Fulton the No.1 footballer he has seen. “I’ve always said it is very, very difficult to compare all the great players,” he said.

“But I felt Bozo is the best player I’ve seen. He had that uncanny ability to just turn a game around in a manner of a seconds.”
Greenberg has become an embarrassing detriment to the game who hides his incompetence behind Authority
Not since the Super League War have we had the game torn apart in the way Greenberg is destabilizing it right now .
This time Greenberg has gone too far
No one fcks around with our Incomparable Immortal .
1495245528402.jpg

Greenberg has become an embarrassing detriment to the game who hides his incompetence behind Authority
Not since the Super League War have we had the game torn apart in the way Greenberg is destabilizing it right now .
This time Greenberg has gone too far
No one fcks around with our Incomparable Immortal .
View attachment 7942
Greenturd believes that he is Mr Rugby League :wondering:

The self aggrandisement was on show from his presser this week.

It's time for a change at NRLHQ as the game is losing it's heritage and future :(

If it is written down somewhere in the minutes of the negotiation and accepted by both parties at the time then it’s cop the punishment. However i doubt it would have been written anywhere and the proof is the contracts were given to the NRL and rubber stamped by them so the contract is the contract. What a player feels they are owed is another thing altogether. Like someone else has already said previously i hope it goes further so
that we find out the real details and which players were involved. Lyall Gorman having been tasked with improving the TPA system is a key point as he would have seen what other clubs have been doing as part of the task and therefore would know that Manly haven’t done anything different to other clubs. Well done to Scott for head hunting him to be the CEO, no doubt knew that he would bring some expertise in that area.

Interesting times ahead.
I agree about Lyall Gorman, good move to have his expertise and experience here. As for players involved our once favourite son Foz would have to be at the top of the list.

Was Zorba ever interviewed?
He's written an article about how he was "in the know" because he was on three management boards at the time of the alleged indiscretions yet he doesn't mention if he gave evidence to the NRL.
ZtC was the NRL's inside man, providing the leaks.

And when those charges dont eventuate.....sure makes those public statements by toddy sound defaming now doesn't it.

Working in concert. Excellent.
I really hope that Greenburg's flabby arse cheeks are starting to clench now that Penn,Hadley,Jones and the immortal have made their intentions clear.Throw in Kent and Rugby League administration royalty in Ken Arthurson (those were the days) and the clock has stated ticking Greenburg time is up lightweight you have no business infesting the NRL with your under 7Fs brand of management and incompetence ,in fact the under 7Fs wouldn't even take you .You couldn't manage a plate of food for a starving man.
GREENBURG .....YOUR FIRED !!!!

What I really want to know is how much the NRL pays certain journalists to keep them on side. It would be incredibly interesting to see the NRL bank accounts.

I’d doubt they’d be paid BUT they get accreditation to attend any game, are probably feted in corporate boxes and would have a heap of information “ leaked” to them.

When you are in that game that’s some pretty handy extras.

I’d doubt they’d be paid BUT they get accreditation to attend any game, are probably feted in corporate boxes and would have a heap of information “ leaked” to them.

When you are in that game that’s some pretty handy extras.

Agreed Mark.

Just watching Hooper the other night reeked of a guy that wanted you to buy the NRL's bs. It was so unlike any reputable journalist ive ever seen. He was arguing on behalf of them and was given a bag of wool to throw in all directions. It was disgusting and so transparent.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8