Sam Burgess reportedly eyes rugby league return

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mozgrame

Engorged member
TALKS are reportedly under way to bring Sam Burgess back to rugby league next year.

The 26-year-old enforcer left the NRL at the end of last season having claiming a premiership with South Sydney to link with English Premiership rugby side Bath.

Burgess just began the second year of a three-year-deal with the rival code but according to Channel Nine News, Burgess wants to return to rugby league.

The Rabbitohs reportedly believe Burgess is eyeing a code switch with top level negotiations already underway to get him out of his deal with Bath, however a number of obstacles stand in his way.

These include; Bath wanting to keep him, Leeds preparing to make a play for him and the Rabbitohs finding room under their salary cap for the lock to return.

Earlier this month Bath coach Mike Ford declared Burgess intends to sign on for another two years with the Premiership Rugby club, extending his contract to the end of 2019.

Part of England’s side that crashed out of the Rugby World Cup during the pool stages, speculation has run rife that Burgess will return to the NRL in 2016.

Just last week’ Burgess’ younger brother Thomas told News Corp Australia that he hopes Sam will return to Redfern with speculation of a reunion refusing to die down.

“I’d love to play along side Sam again. I had two years with him (at Souths), and I’d love for him to come back,’’ Burgess said.

“At the end of the day it’s his decision. You never know, we’ll see what happens.

“To make the England squad in the World Cup is a massive achievement, and to play in it as well. He’s enjoyed the experience, but I don’t think he’s finished (with rugby) just yet.’’

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...by-league-return/story-fn2mcuj6-1227582594104

I would dead set Laugh if he went somewhere else. NRL Should set a rule in place If they want to code hop they Can't come back in our game for a period no less than 3 years. It was his choice to leave in the first place.

Mark have you heard if Tapau has definitely signed with us . I heard 4 year Deal.

I would dead set Laugh if he went somewhere else. NRL Should set a rule in place If they want to code hop they Can't come back in our game for a period no less than 3 years. It was his choice to leave in the first place.

Mark have you heard if Tapau has definitely signed with us . I heard 4 year Deal.

Plenty of rumours, I guess when he comes back from his Kiwi test duties we will find out.

My mate at work swears he will be back at Souths next year apparently already done. His uncle is on the board there and wouldn't tell him for a while but managed to squeeze the info out of him.. Take it for what it is I can't truly guarantee this as a fact but when I mentioned the salary cap he also said with a smile they have been over the cap for the last two years

Well then that last titbit of unconfirmed information needs to be disseminated further. Wait...Dean and Danny are probably reading it as I write this.

Last edited:
Sburgess set for return to the bunnies.

England's Sam Burgess given time out by Bath to 'consider future in rugby union' as he ponders rugby league return
Speculation has increased in Australia that 26-year-old rugby league convert is going to return to the South Sydney Rabbitohs
share-fb.svg

share-tw.svg

share-p.svg

share-in.svg

share-share.svg

share-email.svg

Email
sam-burgess_3485883b.jpg

Future uncertain: Sam Burgess is unsure whether his future lies in rugby union Photo: PA

By Telegraph Sport

8:29PM GMT 28 Oct 2015

comments.gif
Comment

England centre Sam Burgess has reportedly been given time off by Premiership club Bath to consider his future in rugby union as he ponders a return to rugby league.

According to the BBC, speculation has increased in Australia that the 26-year-old rugby league convert is going to return to his former NRL club, the South Sydney Rabbitohs, where his two brothers - Tom and George - have both signed contract extensions.

He is going to end up back at souths. That will be no surprise. An the NRL will make sure souffs get him.

He has struggled in rugby.

It's tiresome how the NRL fawns over these two code hoppers, and yes no doubt the big Burgi will be back in green and red, and you can be assured that Money Bill will also be back at the Rorters.

Both sides with sweetheart deals to overlook their massive cap overs.

I wonder if that would continue if 2V were to take the helm ?

*sigh* The media.

Ok...shall counter with this.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/10/30/bath-coach-says-burgess-going-nowhere/

Bath rugby coach Mike Ford says he’s certain Sam Burgess will stick with the 15-man code despite the former league star telling him he “didn’t quite feel right” after the World Cup.

Anyway...union should feel a bit peeved when these mercenaries come along for a world cup...then leave again.

Sam just waiting for Matai to retire.

Pretty safe to say I think mate. We haven't seen this bloke do anything in his position and now the first thing he does publicly looks to be assisting his old club.
Hypocrisy much?
Disgrace.

Pretty safe to say I think mate. We haven't seen this bloke do anything in his position and now the first thing he does publicly looks to be assisting his old club.
if that doesnt show bias towards his old club,then nothing will.His first job,to help his old club

When i heard this on the BSB this morning i couldn't help but laugh. What a joke that as others have said Shane Richardson hasn't been sighted for most of 2015 but all of a sudden is on a flight to England to help broker a deal for Sam to return to Souths of all teams (conflict of interest anyone?) using the 'war chest'. The sport is a joke run by muppets with self driven agendas. Things will get worse before they get better that's for sure...

What a laugh this is. Shane Richardson, who hasn't been sighted in his first 12 months in the position of 'head of strategy' for the NRL, is reportedly heading over to England where he will seek to strike a deal to get Sam back using the NRL marquee player fund.

http://m.smh.com.au//breaking-news-...ml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

That is ridiculous. Seriously, the NRL admin who is suppose to independant is in england negotiating a deal for souths to get one of the best players to return.

If that is the case I want whatever souffs get in salary cap dispensation (marquee player allowance) to use on DCE. So we can use that spare coin on bird.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8