Samuela Fainu

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I’m not an Insta devotee but I did read they’d posted on that forum that they’d been visiting the Dolphins , so I expect we’ll get an announcement very soon of an immediate transfer.

I’m ambivalent ( yet again ) there’s a plan happening and I’m happy to let it run it’s course.

It unfortunate that a number of factors appear to have placed Samuela & Latu outside of Manly's plans. What pleases me is that we appear to have a plan going ahead and we are are taking steps to implement it. I wish Samuela and Latu success with their NRL careers.

Dolphins up the stakes in chase for Fainu brothers

The Dolphins have tabled a four-year deal in a bid to sign promising Manly siblings Latu and Samuela Fainu.

The Sea Eagles won’t be able to retain the brothers after a spending spree that includes the signings of Luke Brooks, Tommy Talau, Matt Lodge and the re-signing of Josh Schuster.

The Wests Tigers are also keen on the brothers, putting incoming coach Benji Marshall on a collision course with his long-time mentor Wayne Bennett.

Bennett has already met with the brothers and the Dolphins have now put a lucrative offer on the table. Junior Blues stars Latu, a five-eighth, and Samuela, a forward, will both be on display during Thursday night’s under-19s State of Origin clash.

Dolphins up the stakes in chase for Fainu brothers

The Dolphins have tabled a four-year deal in a bid to sign promising Manly siblings Latu and Samuela Fainu.

The Sea Eagles won’t be able to retain the brothers after a spending spree that includes the signings of Luke Brooks, Tommy Talau, Matt Lodge and the re-signing of Josh Schuster.

The Wests Tigers are also keen on the brothers, putting incoming coach Benji Marshall on a collision course with his long-time mentor Wayne Bennett.

Bennett has already met with the brothers and the Dolphins have now put a lucrative offer on the table. Junior Blues stars Latu, a five-eighth, and Samuela, a forward, will both be on display during Thursday night’s under-19s State of Origin clash.

I don’t see the path to first grade at the Dolphins for Latu.

They have Katoa, O’Sullivan, Nikorima, and Milford in their squad

Quiet achiever is named as captain​

AuthorMargie McDonaldTimestampThu 13 Jul 2023, 10:56 AM

Share on social media​

The quiet achiever among the CABE NSW Under 19s men’s team Samuela Fainu will be one of the loudest voices at Kayo Stadium tonight after head coach Andrew Ryan named him captain yesterday.

At the jersey presentations on the eve of the U19s State of Origin game, Ryan’s fellow True Blues Shaun Timmins and Josh Jackson presented Blues jumpers to the backs and forwards respectively.

Ryan held the last jersey in his hands to announce his skipper after he called up former Origin and Australian prop forward Mark O’Meley, who spoke about “effort, attitude and being there for your mate” when facing the Maroons.

Fainu has that chance with both his talent and his physical presence – 192cm and 108kg.
But Ryan has observed the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles prop-back rower’s other efforts around his teammates this week.

“He was with us in camp last year but the moment he came in this year he’s shown leadership everywhere, whether it’s been stretching, doing his extras, or out on the field in our sessions,” Ryan told nswrl.com.au.
CABE NSW U19s players Samuela Fainu and Josh Feledy
CABE NSW U19s players Samuela Fainu and Josh Feledy
“In some of our tougher sessions through the week he has just stood up.
“Even little things like making sure all the boys got their bags at the airport, or always waiting for all his teammates … just all those little things he keeps ticking over.
“He’s not the type to look for any praise – it’s just part of who he is.”
Fainu is a man of few words but he looked straight at his teammates when he accepted his jersey.
“I can’t wait to run out with you – let’s get the job done,” he said.
Fainu is not the only sizeable forward in Ryan’s pack. Canberra Raiders Jake Clydsdale joins him in the front row at 199cm, while Newcastle Knights lock Myles Martin is 193cm.
“Size is important but we have to be mobile a little as well,” Ryan said.
“We’ve only had a handful of training sessions but they’ve just jumped into it straight away and connected really quickly on the field.

“Our outside backs have some size and strength there too because we’re going to need them to carry the ball strongly as well.”
Ryan has the 2022 U19s shield to defend, after a dominant 32-4 result at Leichhardt Oval last year.
“I don’t feel any extra pressure,” he said.
“We’ve had a great week preparation-wise. It doesn’t always transfer to the game but I feel like from the perspective of the players and my coaching staff no-one could have done any more.”

Cn't believe we are letting this bloke go ... read what the Blues coach says about him and why he made him Captain ...

Keep hoping to read that Mestrov has just been playing recruitment tactics and signs Sam to a new contract ..
I'm certain that we will regret this decision, I've been highly impressed with Samuela in the games he's played since his debut in firsts and also what I've seen of Latu in NSW cup, to me this is stupidity of the highest order, we chase fringe first graders from the Tigers and release future stars that we've put serious money and time into, wtf is behind this thinking ffs

I'm certain that we will regret this decision, I've been highly impressed with Samuela in the games he's played since his debut in firsts and also what I've seen of Latu in NSW cup, to me this is stupidity of the highest order, we chase fringe first graders from the Tigers and release future stars that we've put serious money and time into, wtf is behind this thinking ffs

Pizza

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11