SBW - the ramifications are huge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
clontaago link said:
The question is though how many blokes are going to want to go and play in a second division rugby comp in France.

I'd suggest the number wouldnt be that great.

I am not sure about that. It's more money, a lot more. You can be the best on the park, even with a red wine hangover; and there will be an endless chorus line of french ladies to go to la bathroom with.

It's pig heaven for Sonny.

And you spend the rest of your playing days not enjoying yourself.

Dan Carter is smart. He has signed up for 1.5m for 6 months. He can still go back to NZ and play in the Super 14's. He is playing the same code.

Sonny has ended any chance of ever playing RL in this country again. What happens 6 months in and he hates it and wnats to come back to Australia?

This must have something to do with his love-life. He is miserable, probably dumped by his last flame and not coping with the huge notoriety and attention he gets everywhere.

Gasiner gf is french - you can bet your life she had a lot to do with him going over there

Yep - looks like I am wrong. Telly today has a story about her learning french for a while and trying to sell the home so she can follow him to France.

I really feel for the other blokes at the club

As much as i don't like him, Corey Hughes has bleed blue and white for 12 years or so, and has been forced out of the club, probably having something to do with SBWs big money contract.

The Wheel link said:
Gasiner gf is french - you can bet your life she had a lot to do with him going over there

I don't think she is French, I'm sure I read somewhere she was an Aussie and the french bit was a beat up.

Maybe Candice Felzon is going to attempt to finally win an ironwoman competition on the beaches of Normandy.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=177980.msg191338#msg191338 date=1217212596]

I don't think she is French, I'm sure I read somewhere she was an Aussie and the french bit was a beat up.
[/quote]

yep she's aussie and lives in Newport

all this whilst news ltd sell more papers.
end of the day,the nrl(news ltd )cant do much.what kills me is the use of the word 'loyalty'.where was the loyalty when news ltd funded the super league war???.case of whats good for the goose...
i cant blame SBW for leaving.look at how he was treated.given a 5 year contract(which he shouldnt have signed),being paid unders.the bulldogs then let their best players go,due to the nrl's salary cap,leaving sbw surrounded by an ordinary team.
he then has to play hard each game risking injury cos he hasnt the personel on the park with him.
all the while he can make triple the money playing a different sport elsewhere.
as for contracts,well its not like he took all the money for the 5 years and left.he leaves not fulfilling it and doesnt get paid the rest.
as for the nrl saying they can sue him for losses,well,the crowds havent been great nor will there be any proof of financial losses.
all this just shows the nrl's loss of face.they can ban him for life and thats about it.
it kind of like me and my employer.we have a contract.i come to work to perform my tasks,they pay me.
now if i was to find a another job that pays more for doing the same thing,i would ask for money.if it doesnt come,i leave,and take up a better offer with a new employer.
now, will the nrl,news ltd,come up with a way to save anymore players goin?the only way is to pay their employees more.that means increase the salary cap,which could hurt some clubs.
only teams with private ownership  or 1 city teams will survive.news ltd pulled out of funding the nth qld cowboys,look where they are now.bottom of the table.
melb are funded $14million a year by news ltd.if that funding was withdrawn,would they survive in afls heartland???

news ltd drew first blood with superleague,now along comes french rugby doing a 'superleague' to news.
what goes around comes around.news ltd started it.now they cry foul.
as for any other player going to france.go for it.if you can double or triple,why wouldnt you?
willie mason's mgr is in france trying to get him on a big contract.
in the end,rugby league wont die,it'll just keep losing their best employees(the best players)and the game will continue with a younger and lesser skilled players.
the game survived the superleague war,it will survive this.its always been a working class game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2