Sea Eagles Annoint new No. 7

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WESTIE

Reserve Grader
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sea-eagles-anoint-new-no7-20110112-19nkp.html

For the second year in a row Manly have ushered in a new halves pairing, but they are confident this duo can deliver an exciting NRL season.

Just like Trent Hodkinson did 12 months before him, halfback Daly Cherry-Evans will partner New Zealand international Kieran Foran to form the NRL's youngest halves combination.

Hodkinson made an instant impact on the competition in 2010, pushing himself into representative football with a City Origin call-up, before signing a lucrative three-year deal with Canterbury.

And Manly skipper Jamie Lyon has tipped a similar boom season for Cherry-Evans.

"I think he'll have just as big an impact as Trent if not bigger," Lyon told reporters on Wednesday.

"I don't want to put too much pressure on him but we are quietly confident that he can do a great job.

"He's a very good organiser, he's got good ball skills and a great kicking game. He's very quick off the mark.

"He's going to be a great halfback for us I think."

Cherry-Evans, who marshalled Manly's 2009 Toyota Cup team to the minor premiership alongside Foran, believes the duo can bring an exciting spark to the squad.

"We had a very good relationship in the halves," Cherry-Evans said.

"It does (take the pressure off having Kieran at five-eighth), Kieran is a great half to play with.

"He's very experienced and he's been there before, I'm looking forward to it."

With Cherry-Evans and Foran confirmed as Manly's starting halves pairing for the season opener with Melbourne, Lyon is hopeful of playing out the 2011 season in his preferred centre position.

"I'm pretty sure I'll be in the centres, that's where I prefer. Hopefully I can stay there the whole season," he said.

AAP

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294806539[/time]

Hopefully he can prove to be more of an attacking threat, than Hodkinson...by the sounds of it , he does.  Cant wait to see what difference he and Brett will make for season 2011. Throw in the fact t-rex will not be an automatic choice , and i think we are in for an exciting season.

WESTIE I fixed your profile so you are now able to add news items. I added this one for you.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8