Sea Eagles board election heats up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DSM5 said:
I'm confused, isn't Peters already on the board? "Stop the bleeding", wtf? You can do that Peter if you just stop leaking to the DT.
If there was no **** fight there would be nothing to leak to the DT in the first place . We need to have a board that can work together .

DSM5 said:
If Penn sells out I can't see why PP would want to hang around other than to throw missiles. And I'm not sure a 67 year old ex-footballer on the board is the way to go, seeing as how he is on the current, so called dysfunctional one. Does anyone know who is on the current board other than Big Bad Bobby and Zorba? Is Zorba on the current one? and if he is, why is Goldman getting his nickers in a knot over him getting re-elected? It's all so confusing.

Someone can correct me but my understanding is that Zorba is on the board of the Leagues Club. But he is not put forward from that organisation to one of the two spots they have on the MWSE board.

I am assuming that a letter announcing the date and time of the FC AGM will be sent to all members. Hopefully there will be a list of all members of the board. Generally no information ever comes to members but that from the chair correcting some media announcment. I don't even think they announce who is elected or fills vacancies. There is not a lot of transparency it seems.

Not sure how many on the FC board. Bob Reilly is chair. Jonesy on this forum is another. Vidmar was picked to join to fill a casual vacancy (as permitted by the constitution of the board). Not sure who else on it. Vidmar or Jonesy could tell us if they haven't been warned off debating on this topic on the forums.

Zorba is on the Leagues Club board who contribute one member to the MWFC board. Their elected rep was Peter Spray but he has been replaced by someone - is it Darrell Williams?

Someone who knows what they are talking about could help our voting intentions and knowledge.

Proxy Votes are okay, I assume. I would love to know the process so that I can forward my vote to the persons that can best use it for the good of the club.

Come on we keep winning and the board fighting keeps us talking in the off season!

Why would you want it to end? ;)

ads said:
Come on we keep winning and the board fighting keeps us talking in the off season!

Agreed it's great for the continuation of this site, but I also do not like the phone calls from different people, the over the top carry on and the constant email complaints from various members about other members.

But I guess it comes with the territory

Why do people complain and bitch privately when you can do it on the site publicly? Puzzling. It all goes back to Mata's complaint about being bored. He just brought it on himself.

Matabele said:
bones said:
I am eligible to vote but won't be doing so because I don't know what to believe from everything I hear. Grant Goldman says on his radio show that Max Krilich would be good but if Zorba gets in he won't go near the place again. He also says the current board have done a good job and should be retained. Ken Arthurson is apparently backing the Zorba and Krilich bids. How can I vote when I don't know what I'm voting for?

It's just about getting to the point where we say a pox on all their houses. I'm not eligible to vote anyway, apparently I missed a year of my FC membership (though I have been a continuous member of some form of Manly membership since 2004) so my clock has re-started. I just hope there's something left to vote for in 2014.

The ALP at its closed shop worst was more open than this.

How soft are the people that have to email complaints all the time !

Daniel said:
ads said:

Agreed it's great for the continuation of this site, but I also do not like the phone calls from different people, the over the top carry on and the constant email complaints from various members about other members.

Kiwi Eagle said:
How soft are the people that have to email complaints all the time !

Daniel said:
ads said:

Well said Kiwi.

I've visited countries where there is no such thing as voting and if there happens to be, there is only one person standing for their own re-election.

While it's your choice whether you wish to vote, for me, I appreciate that I have the privilege and the right to vote to have my voice heard.
I would never refuse to vote in any democratic election that I'm asked to participate in.
Abstaining is not the answer and will not automatically deliver the result you are after. Hopefully we'll get some election material from the FC to assist with the decision.

From memory, notice of the AGM + Proxy form is usually sent out around 30 days before the AGM.

Daniel said:
ads said:

Easily solved Dan! Turn your phone and message bank off.

Start using the TOS, warn the offenders and tell em to POQ for a week or two but seriously some people need to lighten up and not inflame the situation with personal attacks otherwise we might have to arrange an intervention session on the forum :p

tookey said:
I wonder if The Truth will be running for a position on the board?

Funny that I emailed "The Truth" and never got a response. I am starting to think The Truth may have been a myth.

Like Swoop and Bones, I don’t know who to believe anymore so I will go with an open mind to the AGM and hopefully I can make sense of it all once there.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2