Sea Eagles sign Parra Star

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree, $270K per season for "potential" seems ridiculous to me. I'd say the guy who posted that probably knows "Big Tone" as well as he knows me. Still I'd like to know what we paid.

spot on Darren and with Hoppa in his ear it could be very likely he may stay at Manly anyway, you know what mean Dad wants to se his son follow in his footsteps LOL

Sounds like crsp to me, no way in the world would we spend that type of cssh on a guy who has not played NRL,

Hopefully our other young guns Palu, Hargreaves, Edwards, Foran & co develop & are ready step up in next year or two

if it is 150 we have done very well, yes we are paying for potential but hargraeves is on sorta similar I heard and 1 of these 2 should be top quality, best thing is that they shine in 2nd year, we top them up and keep them long term

Some may say he aint played 1st grade yet but if it is anything under 200 grand it is a potentially great signing, we havent got a junior like him at the club!!! He is in a different class and easily outshines hargraeves, kenny edwards at this stage!!! he WAS basically parras number 1 kid!!! and think about all the talent they have!!!

Better than wasting 100 grand on guys like smith from the cowboys, a dynamite williams off the bench next year is brilliant

unfortunately Robstarr told me Junior Palau copped a season ending injury at Windsor 3 weeks ago!!! Something to do with a fractured ankle, basically the ankle was sticking out the skin !!!  :(  Robstarr reckoned it was a pretty bad injury and the ambulance was called. I spoke to a footy mate who reckons that injury requires pins etc and alot of healing. May be lucky that being May, he has 9-10 months before 2009 comp starts again. Yet, he was always on the bench for PL, why, I don't know? He is such a big kid, maybe they were cotton wooling him?? I did hear that he had come back from a major leg operation 2 years ago I think!! He was at Easts but they let him go, I feel he may be let go from us too, I hope not, loads of potential but this injury is a bad one. He is a massive kid and may struggle if he loses mobility ala George Rose at present, due to comeback

Sour grapes

Jason Avedissian

28 May 2008
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/05/28/10318_sports.html

MANLY boss Grant Mayer has accused the Eels of ``sour grapes'' after Parramatta coach Michael Hagan questioned the Sea Eagles ability to afford outstanding young prospect Tony Williams.

The Sea Eagles beat off six rival clubs to secure the 19-year-old to a three-year deal yesterday.

The backrower-centre is considered one of the brightest young talents in the game, currently playing for the Eels in the under-20s Toyota Cup.

Williams' switch to the Sea Eagles stunned Parramatta officials, with the club taking the unusual step of issuing a press release to express their extreme disappointment.

But Hagan went further, questioning Manly's financial position to sign the Junior Kangaroo until the end of 2011.

``Do Manly have a different cap to everybody else?'' he asked The Manly Daily last night.
``Didn't they just sign Chris Bailey?

``They must have a very, very good accountant.

``It's always disappointing to lose a quality player who has come through the system, but at the end of the day the offer to go to Manly was nearly double what we offered.

``It was a no-brainer for the player and his manager.''

Mayer bristled when told of Hagan's comments.

``It's a simple case of sour grapes,'' Mayer said.

``Parramatta have for a long time had a depth of players that most NRL clubs have looked on with wonderment.
``To get one away from them is a tremendous coup for us.

``We paid the player what we believe he's worth. If Michael Hagan is intimating we are doing something outside the cap, there's avenues he can go through to make those allegations.''

Chief Sea Eagles recruitment man Noel Cleal said Williams has the potential to establish himself in the game.
``This kid is all power,'' Cleal said. ``He's explosive and can play centre, but is probably going to make his mark as a backrower.''

Maybe Hagan should listen to his fans a bit more, they're filthy on him.  But it's easier to blame Manly, everyone else does it for every other reason.  pfft, to hell with them all

Parra fans are today still blowing up deluxe. I dropped the following explanation in a parra forum to help ease their concerns.

"Its all been a big misunderstanding guys. Just an accident.

Apparently, Jamie Lyon was chatting with Crusher recently & was recalling that Round 20 clash with you guys out there at Parra stadium last year. So anyway, Jamie says to crusher “we should go throw some coin at one of those Parramatta players”

Crusher obviously misunderstood and went out & signed Tony Williams.

So ummmm………..…pardon us ! "

Jatz Crackers link said:
Parra fans are today still blowing up deluxe. I dropped the following explanation in a parra forum to help ease their concerns.

\"Its all been a big misunderstanding guys. Just an accident.

Apparently, Jamie Lyon was chatting with Crusher recently & was recalling that Round 20 clash with you guys out there at Parra stadium last year. So anyway, Jamie says to crusher “we should go throw some coin at one of those Parramatta players”

So ummmm………..…pardon us ! \"

Gold Jatz, be interested to hear the response.

One of your best Jatz!  Yes please post a selection of their 'colourful' replies

Utility Player link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=177565.msg185496#msg185496 date=1211934050]

\"Its all been a big misunderstanding guys. Just an accident.

So ummmm………..…pardon us ! \"

Gold Jatz, be interested to hear the response.
[/quote]

Nobody has bitten as yet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7