Sea Eagles star rushing home to attend his wedding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sea Eagles forward Jesse Sene-Lefao gets married tom?orrow, but the honeymoon will have to wait.

He has been called up into the Samoan Four Nations squad and will leave a training camp tonight in order to tie the knot.

Read More

Sea Eagles forward Jesse Sene-Lefao gets married tomorrow, but the honeymoon will have to wait.

He has been called up into the Samoan Four Nations squad and will leave a training camp tonight in
Jesse+Sene+Lefao+Sea+Eagles+v+Rabbitohs+cWNsak6s11dl1.jpg
order to tie the knot.

"I get to Sydney 10 o'clock in the morning (Friday) then I get married on Saturday, then I leave my Mrs Sunday night and join the camp back in Brisbane," Sene-Lefao said.

It is another chapter in what has been a mad week for Sene-Lefao.

When he wasn't named in the original Samoan squad his mates went ahead and organised his buck's party. Then the SOS went out for Sene-Lefao when Suaia Matagi was called into the New Zealand squad.

"We were out on Thursday and I found out at 11 o'clock at night that I was called into the squad and I needed to catch a plane on Friday afternoon," Sene-Lefao said.

"I was on the plane while they were partying for me."

He met up with the rest of the team at the airport.

"I didn't even have any Samoa kit, I was in plain clothes while everyone was in Samoa kit," he said.

His goal is now to make the top 17 each game.

"I hope I get an opportunity and I'm going to take the opportunity with open arms," he said.

"We want to prove to everyone we are not just a trial match."

Scene-Lefao and Manly teammate Dunamis Lui, who is also in the squad, have had to adjust to training in the Samoan humidity.

"It's crazy man," he said.

"We try get out as early as we can but it's still hot.

"You walk on to the field and you're dripping with sweat, that's how hot it is.

"Boys are losing kilos real quick, so we've got to keep eating.

"Training's been real tough because of the weather."

Meanwhile, the Sea Eagles have been fined $6000 for a minor salary cap breach last season.

The club said in a statement it involved three match payments that went undeclared for a player who had been playing at another club, prior to joining the Sea Eagles in early 2013.

Sea Eagles general Manager David Perry said once the Club was made aware of the minor discrepancy, it worked the NRL to get to the bottom of it.

"While it's disappointing to be named at the lower end, our members and partners can rest assure that we are in constant touch with the NRL to ensure we continue to meet our salary cap duties and that it doesn't occur again," Perry said.
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...tend-his-wedding/story-fngr8iii-1227092906807

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations to JSL. He was consistently one of our best last season and can be our forward 'enforcer' in 2014.
What I don't understand is that he replaced a player in the Samoan squad who had been called into the New Zealand squad . . . what chance is there for competitive matches when Polynesian players give priority to Aust and NZ over their birthplace?

The Who said:
Congratulations to JSL. He was consistently one of our best last season and can be our forward 'enforcer' in 2014.
What I don't understand is that he replaced a player in the Samoan squad who had been called into the New Zealand squad . . . what chance is there for competitive matches when Polynesian players give priority to Aust and NZ over their birthplace?

I find it harder to believe that Samoa selected a no name over Jesse in the 1st place. He's a top 2 side's forward FFS.

Agreed. Congratulations Jesse on getting the call-up for the Samoan Four Nations squad.

On another note but from the same article:

Jon Geddes from the Manly Daily said:
Meanwhile, the Sea Eagles have been fined $6000 for a minor salary cap breach last season.

The club said in a statement it involved three match payments that went undeclared for a player who had been playing at another club, prior to joining the Sea Eagles in early 2013.

Sea Eagles general Manager David Perry said once the Club was made aware of the minor discrepancy, it worked the NRL to get to the bottom of it.

How does that work? The club finds out about payments made to a player who was playing at a different club prior to joining the Sea Eagles, we tell the NRL about the payments so they fine us for breaching the cap! How do those payments affect our cap? Could someone please explain it to me as it just doesn't seem right to me :-/

Jethro said:

How does that work? The club finds out about payments made to a player who was playing at a different club prior to joining the Sea Eagles, we tell the NRL about the payments so they fine us for breaching the cap! How do those payments affect our cap? Could someone please explain it to me as it just doesn't seem right to me :-/

Just look up the Greenturd clauses in the NRL operations policy manual. It's all in there under the special Manly penalty section.

Jethro said:

I suspect it was tom symonds, who would have been being partially paid by both easts and manly. I suspect there was a misunderstanding in how much easts were paying him and how much we were. If I am right, it is a harsh fine for a misunderstanding.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4