Sea Eagles v SHarks Game day thread rd 3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
10 day turn around is worse than a 5 day turn around if you ask me

The Sharks were very good tonight but it says a lot about Manly that they can come back from 17-0 and 30% possession in the first half to score 3 tries a piece and keep the Sharks scoreless in the second half. To only go down by a conversion and a field goal just emphasizes their character.

T-Rex is in trouble and will miss 3-4 weeks.

What was really frustrating was that the Sharks had plenty of offloads that went to ground and some of them were quite dubious (Sharks second try as an example) yet they reaped massive rewards from such arsey plays.

Pittwater Legend said:
What was really frustrating was that the Sharks had plenty of offloads that went to ground and some of them were quite dubious (Shark's second try as an example) yet they reaped massive rewards from such arsey plays.

Yeah the majority of the time, it's a knock on. So much knock backs and zero tackles. Rare thing these days. The worse thing is they got a trophy lol

Will Joe G be available for next week and beyond (presuming T-Rex misses 3 or 4)? If not then that might leave Rose to come in with Buhrer to fill in 2nd row perhaps.

That try to Snake was great, and hopefully Oldfield will get some more confidence after scoring 2.

Not really bothered by the game tonight, sometimes it's good to be sick and focused on something else!

We looked a lot better once Buhrer came on the field.

On another note, I don't see why Oldfield didn't bring the ball closer to the goal posts instead of just diving for the line for his first try. To me, it looked like he could have crossed the line and bettered the try so that Killer had a better chance of converting it.

Snake showed why he is worth as much as any other player to Manly tonight.He is a freak and must be retained.

If your gonna lose and play that bad
And it be still 3 try's all, that's top 4 material,
No dramas for me sharks realty turned up.
Get rid of Lussick and give his and George's money to Snake, what all the fuss about him
He stood up to the Storm in a blue a couple
Of good runs when fired up in that game and that's all I've ever seen him do, it's just mistake after mistake, come on Parra offer him
500k pleeeease

Very disappointing. Went to the Bayswater at Hervey Bay with four generations of my family ( including mum age 90 this year) all wearing Manly regalia hoping for a win. Pissed right off. Worst Manly performance in years.

I could only watch a bit before and just after half-time so haven't seen the comeback. I left for work just as manly dropped the pill in two times out of their first two sets of the 2nd half and thought 'oh well...'.

so great to see they dug deep and averted a catastrohe. I still think 3/5 from this tough opening to the season will be a good platform.

Moondog said:
Very disappointing. Went to the Bayswater at Hervey Bay with four generations of my family ( including mum age 90 this year) all wearing Manly regalia hoping for a win. Pissed right off. Worst Manly performance in years.

Should have just come here and sworn at the tv with rob and i

I'll say it again that the 10 day turn around was the biggest issue here, had the game been yesterday or Saturday we would have won that easily.

We have a 5 day turn around now which isn't ideal but at least we can fire up early

We needed to control their forwards and got a fail for that. The pundits who warned that the Gummies were up for it were right. I'm not that worried. Gallen is an absolute gun (and no prizes for that gem) and they had shown the previous 2 weeks that if they could control it they could win. I'll say we missed Gift - his drifts across field create gaps and we didn't get much of that tonight. They deserved the points and we'll be better too. It was a good effort to come back so strongly.

niccipops said:
That was soooo hard to listen to.

Ill say. The description of that game by radio was as painfull as some of those games back in the unspeakable NE days.

{{{{{{Shudder}}}}}} from my audio vantage point it deadset sounded like fingernails on chalkboard.

Let's face it, Cronulla were great for 70 minutes. Hardly made a mistake, had all the ball, got all the penalties and the luck. I think many of us were worried about this game, with good reason. But if we are going to lose it may as well be to Cronulla who are not a premiership threat and will probably play terribly next week.
We played for 10 minutes and the match ended three tries apiece, so I think we were lucky to get that close.

We did keep them scoreless in the second half as well. When i saw the stats i couldnt believe we even got close.

Manly Daly said:
If your gonna lose and play that bad
And it be still 3 try's all, that's top 4 material,
No dramas for me sharks realty turned up.
Get rid of Lussick and give his and George's money to Snake, what all the fuss about him
He stood up to the Storm in a blue a couple
Of good runs when fired up in that game and that's all I've ever seen him do, it's just mistake after mistake, come on Parra offer him
500k pleeeease

Bit harsh on a young kid still finding his feet in the top grade, he has along way to go. He has shown some early promise but it will take him time to develope. He's not the only one making mistakes, especailly tonight.
I remember T-Rex coping a hamering early on but no one wants to get rid of him now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8