Sea Eagles V Storm [Round 25 2013] discussion tread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chip and Chase said:
So we are third now. Panthers out of the finals race thanks to Dogs so they won't be up for it next week, so we'll finish there I suspect. Not that it makes any difference, won't know who we play till Roosters v Bunnies game next week

Let's just hope that we win again next week and if the Storm win too then I just hope that they don't rack up a high scoring win to bump up their for and against and jump over us on the ladder again.

Loved the shellshocked look on Maurice Blair's face after the game. I think Ritchie F was saying, "Dude, that guy who ran by you all night was Jamie Lyon."

That's the best they've played for a while, the intensity was fantastic. It was just a pity, Killer missed so many shots at goal. Anyway, great win.

Awesome win, very proud of the boys. I'll admit I wasn't confident, but if we can play like that for the next month or so we will give this thing a shake.

2 nominations for worst conversation attempt of the year tonight but he has had some great games with the goal kicking. Saved us from losing to dragons so very glad the bad ones came tonight instead of at Kograh.

terrific win ... sealed top 4

now rest the bodies and injuries and get ready for the semi finals

well done boys

Jethro said:
Chip and Chase said:
So we are third now. Panthers out of the finals race thanks to Dogs so they won't be up for it next week, so we'll finish there I suspect. Not that it makes any difference, won't know who we play till Roosters v Bunnies game next week

Let's just hope that we win again next week and if the Storm win too then I just hope that they don't rack up a high scoring win to bump up their for and against and jump over us on the ladder again.

Our points diff is 234
Storms is 215

Brookie Brawler said:
2 nominations for worst conversation attempt of the year tonight ....

Yeah I've been extremely disappointed with Jamie's conversations, he mumbles way too much at the press conferences.:p

Best victory of the season due to the caliber of opposition. We were on another level to them tonight. We did everything you need to beat the Storm.

We pressured Smith and kept Cronk and
Slater quiet barring their first try. We kicked brilliantly in general play forcing drop outs and really kept Slater at bay when returning the ball. We defended hard and really dominated them physically.

On attack we were superb. We really had our way and made meters at will all night. Our line speed was blistering at times and we got that go forward ball. Our forwards were outstanding. Our set plays and second man plays were great also. Our attacking kicks were pin point and lead to tries. Our right hand attack was on fire. We really exploited their weakness down there and punished them.

Overall I thought it was an awesome performance. With Jorge and Choc missing and Buhrer out, we showed great character and depth by beating the Storm without these guys. We were also missing Kingy and Joe also. What I loved most about this win was we showed purpose and intent on both attack and defence. We dictated terms in the game.

If Manly can replicate this performance and level of play in the Finals, there is no reason we couldn't win it. I think the key factor for us will be injuries, which could dictate how far we go. Anyway I am stoked with this strong victory over our arch rival and look forward to our upcoming Finals challenge.

Interesting to see a certain football manager (very familiar with the Northern Beaches) carrying on like a pork chop after the game last night. Frankly speaking Melbourne should be embarassed to employ someone who was loudly abusing Manly supporters after the game. What a Ponce!

globaleagle said:
Would've been nice to have been there!

GE, the love of the Manly faithful is uncensored at Brookie.
The noise, the unity of purpose, and seeing young and the very old literally jumping up and down, howling with each of Wolfie's many tries, is truly uplifting.:)

I just hope that @Townsville_Eagle gets a chance to experience it first hand - would lift the spirit and cure the body in no time :angel:

The Players' genuine love of each other is also obvious.
Last night, as we were waiting for yet another slow, Scum goal line drop out:p, Goldie announce that next Sunday we will be farewelling Joee and Kitey.
We then saw Matai walk across to Kitey and give him a big hug - everyone commented on how sweet it was :heart:

The Northern Beaches Buses, that are outside waiting to take us home are also in party mode after each win.
Strangers, all united in their love of Manly, happily chat and its a such a great way to complete the game:)

Eric Galt said:
Interesting to see a certain football manager (very familiar with the Northern Beaches) carrying on like a pork chop after the game last night. Frankly speaking Melbourne should be embarassed to employ someone who was loudly abusing Manly supporters after the game. What a Ponce!

why was Zorba abusing Manly supporters

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8