Season still alive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No chance of making the 8 which isn't a surprise after the end of last season when we limped 2 the line. We turned up at the 9's and were a joke and our trial form was terrible.

Changes had 2 be made in the of season but it was put in the 2 hard basket.

Look, lets just be grateful if we can vacate our current position. And that may even take 2-3 weeks before we can do so. Don't think we should look too far ahead. I personally would be satisfied avoiding the wooden spoon and winning the last few of the season. This would show an indication of strength for 2016, which would keep us somewhat hopeful (even excited ) in the dreaded off season.

Manly are only 2 wins out of the 8 & realistially could easily have won 3-4 more games & be 4th or 5th.
Being realistic they dont deserve that position but it shows theres not too many consistent teams & what an open comp 2015 is.
When confidence is down & things are not going your way its easy to find a way to lose, like the games against Nth Qld, Penrith & also the Dogs & Illawarra were there for the take.
Combine some bad luck , injuries & at times - lack of belief & it can become frustrating.
At least Saturday nights game showed character & want - the performance would have been enough to beat most teams, but the Cows are a team that can pull a game from the fire & thats simply all it was.
At this stage its Cows & Roosters imo who look the goods but Broncos & Melbourne are not far off...theres a fair break back to Souths who without Reynolds - look average at best.
The loss of Sam Burgess who got them over the line in many tough games, plus the departure of the underrated Teo has them much softer with the physical game their trump card in recent seasons, giving room for Luke & Inglis to exploit.
Manly even with the full squad are off the pace with the top guns imo, but can compete with anyone if able to sneak into the 8, which is the most open in recent memory & a real possability at full strength.
Illawarra have shown attitude is a winning formula & that McGregor has worked miracles with a limited team who compete all day but realistically come finals, cant see them raising to the required next level as they are already at 100% which is a credit to them.
The Manly season though on a thread can turn quickly, this Friday vs Brisbane would be ideal but its a massive ask up there ....who knows, with a similar effort they give a chance to start a 2nd half season resurgence.
If every other team looses maybe.............

The crap I'm copping from me broncos' and cowboy mates is killing me. But league is a strange game, we will knock one of them out of the finals this year. You wait and see. Go the eagles

Where there's life there's hope, and I wont give up on the 8 until it's mathematically impossible to get there. I remember in 2009 Nathan Hindmarsh was asked (about 8 weeks out from the semis) what they had to do to make it 'win 9 from 8' was his sarcastic response. They went on a terrific run and made the GF.

Now I'm not suggesting that's going to happen with us, I don't think we will make the 8, the disruptions, injuries, turmoil, it's all taking an effect and I think we have started to lose the belief that we can win games in tight situations. Whereas in previous years we found ways to win games we should have lost.

I'll be satisfied with the season if we can show a desire (like against the cows) and we start seeing the development of the Turbos, and a plan to get us back to the top tier in the not too distant future, ie signing Myles, which make then lead to the signing of a Jess Bromwich style world class forward. And obviously the signing of a quality half.

It's starting to feel like avoiding the spoon will be our Grand Final.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7