Seeking your analysis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
NOTE - If you don't like or agree with @Technical Coach and his/her opinions..... move on and don't read this thread. There are plenty of other threads for you to disagree with....

@Technical Coach Once or twice a year I seek your input and analysis on what is going on/wrong.

I am pre-emptively asking you here.....what on earth is going on? I would love to get your breakdown, as I genuinely find it helps me identify trends in the game as I watch and get a feel for the gold I am missing as a basic consumer.

Any tips? Is this a structural issue? A people issue? A performance/form issue? Is it a selection issue?

My very limited view is that we are missing key players (turbo, and the associate defensive + attacking structure he brings) and are severely lacking in form at the moment.

But please - I am all ears. Same goes for anyone else who has constructive insights/opinions/analysis to put on the table.

Thank you in advance!

I heard a rumour that came from a kiwi mate with Warrior connections that AFB ... couldn't stand DCE anymore and didn't want to play under him!!!

Hold the ball and complete at 90% and we will improve, as we won’t be constantly fatigue due to defence.

Attitude and commitment is missing. This leads to mistakes and a general lack of effort. Definitely not a talent issue however Des isn't helping with his selections.

I heard a rumour that came from a kiwi mate with Warrior connections that AFB ... couldn't stand DCE anymore and didn't want to play under him!!!
Most probably right. Dce is not a leader and playing like a hack. Should drop him to reserve grade till he agitates for a release. Even throw in some freight just to get him off the books.He is not a team player. He was lucky to win a gf in 2011 because of the great players around him. He is one of the reasons for our current predicament .

I thought it was pretty obvious on field and had written about it for a couple of years. Marty as well it looks like.

If you bust a nut running through walls , only to watch your number 7 throw it away on a glory hunt , thats gonna hurt
Then he gets all the accolades for doing squat , Its a formula for dissent ,

It’s takes courage to fix a mess like this. If there is any truth in the rumour of DCE dividing the group then there’s only one way to fix it. Not easy when he is signed to such a mega contract. I hope it’s not true.

Attitude and commitment is missing. This leads to mistakes and a general lack of effort. Definitely not a talent issue however Des isn't helping with his selections.
It's partly a talent issue Robbo and the type of player mix we have----a team make up like Manly can only compete if structurally and discipline wise we can control the game and tempo, too many plodders and over-rated previous gen game style players with limitations being more exposed in the modern game.(Good structure and tactics in a previous gen slower game can mask your limitations and make the team appear better than it is)

We don't have enough talent to have a balance of structure and ad lib heads up, we lack explosiveness and foot work along with all round natural talent across the park, Manly can only compete if the game is slowed down.

Manly can beat teams like the Dragons if we are disciplined enough but we are asking for too much against teams like the Panthers.

As the season progresses, Winter kicks in, injury tolls start racking up for teams the game will naturally slow down giving teams like Manly a chance.

In a way it has been real bad luck to be playing against Roosters,Souths,Panthers early in the season with fresh troops playing with a fast explosive tempo along with officials pushing for speed to lay the foundations for the rest of the year, fresh teams coming out of the blocks with enthusiasm, punch and spark we can't match.

For example, a player like Parker i think would be a perfect Storm player in the past, knowing his role and repeating it over and over, be it defensively or running the hard direct lines no-one else will---i doubt now the Storm would be interested for the modern game.( a sort of Cheyse Blair value purchase that can play well under structure)

If Manly can get more look up players with punch and explosiveness i can see Fainu type players backing up and probing all the time off the back of fast tempo and offering a more adlib second option attack---but other areas of our game need to pick up before Fainu can make a prolonged impact game after game.

Last edited:
NOTE - If you don't like or agree with @Technical Coach and his/her opinions..... move on and don't read this thread. There are plenty of other threads for you to disagree with....

@Technical Coach Once or twice a year I seek your input and analysis on what is going on/wrong.

I am pre-emptively asking you here.....what on earth is going on? I would love to get your breakdown, as I genuinely find it helps me identify trends in the game as I watch and get a feel for the gold I am missing as a basic consumer.

Any tips? Is this a structural issue? A people issue? A performance/form issue? Is it a selection issue?

My very limited view is that we are missing key players (turbo, and the associate defensive + attacking structure he brings) and are severely lacking in form at the moment.

But please - I am all ears. Same goes for anyone else who has constructive insights/opinions/analysis to put on the table.

Thank you in advance!
"If" the drop off is so big due to one player being missing that in itself shows how one dimensional and limited the squad is, the lack of depth and how inflexible the team make up is to cover positions with some structured confidence still retained.

I've never really been a fan of how Des structures his go forward sets and the lack of explosive directness, even in the good years. The scripted second man plays that in general promotes too much sideways movement in the head space of players that it can be a bad funk to get out of when playing with a lack of confidence.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8