• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=byso]
Agreed Barks, a couple of people saw Ballin play in a trial v Roosters at the start of the season and think they've seen enough to put him in the starting NRL side. pffft. From what I've seen in PL he certainly isn't outstanding.

Monas and Dunley are way ahead of him. He wont get a start.

we have said the same thing 2 years running about ballin
[/quote]

Never heard Ballins name mentioned on this site to play NRL during the 2005 season mate.

My point is Steve the people who are talking up Ballin to play NRL haven't seen him play more than one or two games.

From my observations he may not up to NRL standard yet.

byso you have a short memory

think back to the trial at leichardt oval in 2005 against the tigers......

coming back now?

he's not up to 1st grade standard.

the latest game against the sharks where we spanked them 56-6 he was solid at best.

He would add nothing that we already have in that position.

byso you have a short memory

think back to the trial at leichardt oval in 2005 against the tigers......

coming back now?

Now I remember, so looonnngggg ago ;) but not much talk of him after that one game.

Too funny Dan, opinions formed from 2 trials a year apart during a training run :wall:

I have also watched him play in prmier league,a ll of last year (not this year)
And have held the opinion ever since that he would be a handy first grader

Come on Dan, most of the time last year you can't be found at Brookie 5 mins prior to kick off in NRL ;)

last year?

mate last year I was at most games by half time in PL at the absolute latest. This year is a different story

I've seen all the Premier League home games last year and this year and a couple of away games.

I really can't see what the fuss is with Ballin. He has been solid but certainly not regularly outstanding.

Doesn't seem to have much leg speed. OK at ball distribution.

Had a couple of games in the second row. Maybe he is better suited there although he would be well behind Stewart and Cuthbo.

Certainly hasn't done enough to be warrant first grade selection in my view.

JEF, I was waiting for you to give your view as I know you astutely watch the PL games.

Ballin is an OK player but not outstanding enough to crack an NRL spot.

I actually Think Burns would make an Excellent Hooker
But We Dont Have the Cattle to Play anyone else at 6 at this stage

And if Burns was to be pushed out of the No 6 then it becomes a no brainer that Dunley must go.

I still want to see Monas become an 80 mins player.

JEF, I was waiting for you to give your view as I know you astutely watch the PL games.

Ballin is an OK player but not outstanding enough to crack an NRL spot.

Weren't you saying the same about Burns?

Not really I simply thought that Witt would still be a better option.

In attack I think i'm correct. But Burns defence is certainly better.

Anyhow Volley what do you reckon? From the many times i'm sure you've seen Ballin play ;) do you think he deserves a shot over Dunley?

Travis Burns is Andrew Jones compared to Michael Witt ;)

Michael Witt is the Modern Eras Answer to Ross Conlon or
Ian Herron

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4