Settled Manly Line Up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dankseagles

Reserve Grader
After Sundays big win the most pleasing thing for me is surely we now have a settled team and Barrett has picked the players who should be playing first grade. Tanginoa, Lane and Perrett off the bench were huge, and a motivated Hastings had great impact.

I think Lussick should have a few games in reserves to really earn his spot in the team as he is not a walk up starter with Taupau, AFB, Tanginoa, Lane and Perrett playing superbly.

Obviously Walker will play when fit but Parker and Kelly are up to it. There is no rush to bring him back in either. Big decision will be to drop the steady and reliable Parker (especially in defence) or the X factor Kelly. However i believe both Kelly and Parker are both first grade material. Wouldn't be surprised to see Parker end up on the wing post Uate/Taufua.

If the 17 who played Parra remain fit and Walker and Lussick earn their stripes and get a gig i'd be stoked to see these 19 players only in first grade this year. And i think we should finish in the top 6.

Obviously jury is still out on Crocker but at worst Hastings could start and Crocker could go to the bench as a fill in utility.

Pumped for the season ahead and i'm especially thrilled with Barretts current direction in terms of first grade personnel.

Dank

Last edited:
Lussick will be flat out trying to get his position back in the 17 let alone starting side. He did nothing last season.

Croker has played 3 NRL matches. His first game for Manly he was solid and made a few errors and got harshly criticised. On Sunday he owned that 6 jersey and played really well, don’t know what else you expected of him. That spot is his to keep, no doubt.

Lussick will be flat out trying to get his position back in the 17 let alone starting side. He did nothing last season.

Croker has played 3 NRL matches. His first game for Manly he was solid and made a few errors and got harshly criticised. On Sunday he owned that 6 jersey and played really well, don’t know what else you expected of him. That spot is his to keep, no doubt.

One good game by Croker doesn't cement his position for all eternity. But yes he had a good in round 2 after a pretty average game in round 1.

Same team as Sunday apart from-
A fit Walker in for Parker
Hastings on standby as 5/8 if Croker does not work out, but pretty happy with Croker for now.
I reckon he was good against Eels and if Manly beat Knights, his game was decent there also.
Lussick needs to fight his way back into a pack that is doing well....it’s not like he is Taumoloulo or Jake as some auto selection....

We will need about 26/28 players all contributing to make a dent in the competition.

The good news this year is that if we do have a few players out ... we have some real quality goer's wanting to make their mark.

I think the bench will change by 1/2 players on a regular basis. I can see Baz utilising several different bench combinations this year depending on availability and who the opposition is, form, match fitness etc. .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8