Sh1t coach, Sh1t Team, Sh1t players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Our players just need to be weapons without the ball in hand.

Hand grabs all to common last week.

No coach ever taught that.
That DCE effort on the Trai Fuller try was one of the worst I’ve ever seen from a usually decent defender. I could understand a tired lumbering forward doing that, but from DCE… wow!

That DCE effort on the Trai Fuller try was one of the worst I’ve ever seen from a usually decent defender. I could understand a tired lumbering forward doing that, but from DCE… wow!
I was pretty disappointed as well, but I know part of the defensive system involves players defending with their outside shoulder, so it was Sipley's tackle to go low and Daly's job was to wrap the ball up. The system is designed to prevent two players wedging in low and wiping each other out with a head clash. Your outside shoulder is also the safest approach for the neck, etc. So really, it's Sipley that should cop the backlash for that miss.

DCE is reportedly on 850K a season, market value I think this is a good deal for the club.

Turbo is reportedly on 1.1 million, 2021 form was a great deal for the club, current form you could argue he is overpaid.

Jake reportedly on 950K a season, great club man, though is he really worth almost a million dollars a season.

There are flaws in the cap and come this time next season where both Jake and Tom come off contract in 2026 the dollar value of their next contracts would be lower than now.
Jake will be borderline retirement age by then and I can’t see Tom lasting much longer with his injuries. Will see us clearing a lot of cap room to make some big signings.

Our players just need to be weapons without the ball in hand.

Hand grabs all to common last week.

No coach ever taught that.

They can't. You're asking them to be something they aren't. They are too big, immobile, lumbering, slow, fat.

We play a 2012 style of defence (i.e. waiting for the attacker to come to THEM) for that reason mate.

And they still get gassed !! And basically run over in the second halves of games.

Imagine how we'd go trying to match the power , fit, mobile teams in Defense for 80 minutes. We'd be gassed in 5.

We are asking for something the team can't achieve sadly. Players like Lodge, Woods, Jake, Sipley, Croker, Aloiai, Paseka , Burbo, they don't have the constitution to play a moving, aggressive defensive line. It's not their faults either, it's just who they are.

And to make it worse, we've just promoted a player to the top 30 who can't keep up the pace for Blacktown FFS - cop that GameDay fans.

They can't. You're asking them to be something they aren't. They are too big, immobile, lumbering, slow, fat.

We play a 2012 style of defence (i.e. waiting for the attacker to come to THEM) for that reason mate.

And they still get gassed !! And basically run over in the second halves of games.

Imagine how we'd go trying to match the power , fit, mobile teams in Defense for 80 minutes. We'd be gassed in 5.

We are asking for something the team can't achieve sadly. Players like Lodge, Woods, Jake, Sipley, Croker, Aloiai, Paseka , Burbo, they don't have the constitution to play a moving, aggressive defensive line. It's not their faults either, it's just who they are.

And to make it worse, we've just promoted a player to the top 30 who can't keep up the pace for Blacktown FFS - cop that GameDay fans.
Not sure I agree that they 'can't' - I think it's more they aren't trained that way. Granted players like Lodge, Woods and I guess Jake at his age, don't have the leg speed in them. But those others you listed I think have the ability, just not the training. Our line speed has been an issue for the last 5-7years. I go to every home game and it's even more stark when you watch it live. Our oppositions always seem to be faster in defence.

The problem we have is the narrative that DCE is a great organising halfback that can do no wrong. Media, coaches, fans, but despite highlights reels he is not

Look at the Dally M where he is right out there yet brooks no where to be seen has been a far better half so far for us
he just keeps getting MOM and MVP for backing up others when his role is to put them away
why would he improve. Most people love what he is doing , backslap uncontrollably and believe he should be doing it at manly for many more years

manly fans have dropped the ball and let popular over ride success. We need more @BOZO fans .

No way dce plays sideways if bellyache is coach.

The problem we have is the narrative that DCE is a great organising halfback that can do no wrong. Media, coaches, fans, but despite highlights reels he is not

Look at the Dally M where he is right out there yet brooks no where to be seen has been a far better half so far for us
he just keeps getting MOM and MVP for backing up others when his role is to put them away
why would he improve. Most people love what he is doing , backslap uncontrollably and believe he should be doing it at manly for many more years

manly fans have dropped the ball and let popular over ride success. We need more @BOZO fans .

We don't pick the team.

I would have had Cherry at #9 years ago, if any of the coaches had bothered to answer my 3am drunken phone calls.

Thank you for your DCE Perspective feathered friend

My Philosophy is that if we look for faults in all people we will find
But we cannot find Greatness in all as No one is Perfect and not all are Great
And The Great DCE has had Many Great moments in his Great Illustrious Career
Hail to The Great DCE
1715657878476.png

Thank you for your DCE Perspective feathered friend

My Philosophy is that if we look for faults in all people we will find
But we cannot find Greatness in all as No one is Perfect and not all are Great
And The Great DCE has had Many Great moments in his Great Illustrious Career
Hail to The Great DCE
View attachment 27019
All good boze

im not really looking for fault in the man
Roles and Responsabilities. Footy club . our footy team isnt cutting it

we lack the thingsthat turn us from also rans to consistent finals team, that given some luck can have a tilt on any given year

you see if we dont look to our captain, champion and halfback to fill some of those major roles or at least work within them more than he does than we just have to accept its not our year. We cant buy a 400k second rower to manage our games

surely we dont expect a different result after watching it unfold for years

I hope DCE lives a long happy life,play another 10 seasons elsewhere, like yourself and everyone but if we talk about manly improving I have no doubts a complete rebuild is in order, probably around brooks

dce is part of manly, i respect that, thats cool.

the style doesnt work, he wont budge.
the ball has been in his court for some time, most jobs need you to upskill along the way. I find fault in his workmanship despite having the best spit n polish on the block

I agree with a lot of the commentary hear especially regarding Seibold and Penn. Seibold has many deficiencies as a coach. Toovey was great for us and we know whilst Penn is at the helm he'll never let him coach. Time for Penn to sell up and take Seibold with him. Only question I have is, who else is out there good enough to coach the team apart from Bennett and Bellamy?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11