Shall We split the Rugby League Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should we create a Manly Sea Eagles Only Discussion Forum?

• Yes

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 40 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Chip and Chase said:
While we are at it, can we make the Manly Sea Eagles Forum, a "positive post" only forum with no criticism of the management, staff or players (except for the allocated whipping boy of the day) allowed. In fact maybe you could draft up an approved list of post templates that users are allowed to work with. Any deviation from these sanctioned posts will result in immediate dismissal from the forum.

I'd also like to see uniforms for the moderators as well, and if I may be so bold, I would suggest a snazzy title and logo for the moderators. Something like "Silvertails Sycophants" and a logo of two stylised lightning bolts that look like S's.

Almost perfect, but I suggest one small change as above.

We are devoting way to much time to talking about MrInvisible. We have a premiership winning team that we could be talking about.

If we are going to continue on this track why don't we just start a forum called "MrInvisible's Forum of Misinformation" and be done with it.

I also want to get us off of this clunky myBB software soon before all hell breaks loose server side

Dan, it’s your site so you can do whatever you want with it without having to worry about the rest of us. I appreciate that you have created the site and allow me and the rest of us to post here as we all have a common interest in supporting the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

I guess over time (wasn’t like that at first) I have learnt not to react to any of the out there posts, rumours, scoops, players/coach leaving or the disharmony with the board, my view will always be different to someone else’s but I have also learnt to respect other people point of you be it right or wrong. I have learnt to sit back and let the emotion pass before I make a comment and by doing that I am not posting anything silly or anything at all.

I have no issue with posts from members of other sites or even the likes of RamboFan who I find amusing. People will always stir the pot but it is up to each of us as individuals as to how we react. The less reaction we demonstrate eventually these people will learn that no bait is taken by silvertails forum member and the point of baiting diminishes as no reaction is demonstrated.

As for me it doesn’t matter how the vote goes but my preference is a respectful no.

After all if you split the forum most people who complain now will continue to complain as I bet they will go there to read the trolls posts anyway.

Tbh I look at a post and if I don't recognise you from my time on here or you are not a mwse member (as the Icon suggests) I take what you say with as much belief as I would dunny we idler. I'd be happy to pay to play but I also stopped posting on the old mwse forum because at the time I could not afford membership.

A big no from me Dan. Leave it as is. The ones complaining about MrInvisible can learn to use the forums "Ignore" feature. Nobody forces them to read his posts. I just wish that they would all just take the attitude and path that OneEyedEagle has taken:

OneEyedEagle said:
I guess over time (wasn’t like that at first) I have learnt not to react to any of the out there posts, rumours, scoops, players/coach leaving or the disharmony with the board, my view will always be different to someone else’s but I have also learnt to respect other people point of you be it right or wrong. I have learnt to sit back and let the emotion pass before I make a comment and by doing that I am not posting anything silly or anything at all.

I have no issue with posts from members of other sites or even the likes of RamboFan who I find amusing. People will always stir the pot but it is up to each of us as individuals as to how we react. The less reaction we demonstrate eventually these people will learn that no bait is taken by silvertails forum member and the point of baiting diminishes as no reaction is demonstrated.

bones said:
Pay to post would be my preferred option. I don't see how splitting it would stop them?

I like the pay to post idea as well.....whilst I think the tipping comp is great value for money at $20, we could lower the entry fee by 50% but double the tipsters by having the regulars paying 10 bucks per head. Ten dollars is nothing but it would be enough to stop those who aren't genuine.

I'm sure Dan is rather cautious to go this rout and possibly I haven't thought out all the repercussions but maybe it's worth discussing.

Trolls aren't really that much of a hinderance on peoples days are they? For me its similar to multiple threads on one subject. If thats the worst thing that happens in your day can we swap lives?

Leave as it is, has worked fine for years

If anybody wants to have a cry, maybe have the logout button a bit bolder at the top of the page

Daniel said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to get everyones feedback on the idea of breaking away the current forums to

- Manly Sea Eagles Discussion
- Rugby League Discussion

This would allow for all Manly Sea Eagles only relate discussion in one, and then to a greater extent Rugby League discussion in another.

This should allow for fans of other clubs to still discuss football in general whilst not infringing into our rose coloured world.

I still think that there is room for opposition fans, and as we have a very strong community, one of the strongest of all 3rd party supporter sites, I can see why fans of other teams would like to join in our discussions.

So I want to gather everyones thoughts on me creating a Manly Sea Eagles only forum, as well as having the current Rugby League Forum also.

Cheers
Dan

The other site i've been to is a circle jerk due to the same split

the mauler said:
I'd split it this way- mrs I on one forum and everyone else on the other.

or all the ones who need to learn to take negative comments or comments that differ from their own opinion, like water off of a ducks back or learn to use the "ignore" feature if another user annoys them that much on one forum and all the others that want to talk footy and don't want to put up with forum bitching on the other.

To me some of these so called trolls haven't done anything wrong and some of the regulars are carrying on like a bunch of skirts.
So I'm in favor of a split.
It might even increase more traffic to the site for Dan

Charge all of us $100 a year to be able to post comments. Donate all proceeds as a third party deal to a player we want to retain every year.

Let the half-wit Canterbury supporters post whatever they want and help fund the Silvertails player retention fund.

I love this site. I would gladly part with $100.

my 3 point plan.

1: Suck it up
2: Grow up
3: Move on
4: Rinse and repeat.

P.S. I never was real good at Maths

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10