Shameful lack of tradition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well put.
These players obviously have strong cultural and religious beliefs. Why can't they be respected.
Usman Khawaja was exempt from having to wear an alcohol sponsor's logo on his Australian cricket gear because of his beliefs. What is the difference?

I agree The Who. I dont agree with their values in this matter but that's my values being shown. Imposing something on these players that is against their beliefs, whether we think its right or wrong, is not acceptable. If it was like what Folau was doing, pushing his values, that's different. We each have a right to our personal values as long as we are not harming someone else. Freedom to believe what we choose is the basis of a democratic society and we shouldn't be forced to support other values if they are contrary to what we believe.

I agree The Who. I dont agree with their values in this matter but that's my values being shown. Imposing something on these players that is against their beliefs, whether we think its right or wrong, is not acceptable. If it was like what Folau was doing, pushing his values, that's different. We each have a right to our personal values as long as we are not harming someone else. Freedom to believe what we choose is the basis of a democratic society and we shouldn't be forced to support other values if they are contrary to what we believe.
Totally agree Bearfax. But a word of warning. Do not go onto Twitter with that common sense view. I tried. Lucky to get out of there alive. The gist of it was, if you don’t want to be inclusive, we’re going to "bash the shiit out of you lot until you do become inclusive ". (Swear to god, that was one of the tamer ones!). It’s my own fault. I remember @Mark from Brisbane warning of the pitfalls of the Twitter verse. Should’ve listened.

My take.

You're wearing a jersey that is a representation of the club who both pays and employs you. It's seperate to your individual beliefs. Suck it up, hold to your beliefs, and wear your work uniform. I hate and don't trust people in suits , but I have to wear one.

Secondly, as a team, we've been mediocre to poor (currently 9th and sliding). Start having an opinion when you achieve results. Until then, put your heads down and do some ****ing work !!

Third, I honestly hope 2-3 players step up this week and steal their respective positions. I haven't watched a footy game live in the past few months (lack of interest).

I love how it's okay to be in gangs, play with blokes who've bashed their partners, potentially with guys who've stabbed people, who share private nudes of young women, who vape and smoke indian bongs on social media, who get into fights at restaurants, who make derogatory comments on social media with past players, who drink and drive, but it's certainly not okay to wear colours on your jersey to share an ethos of the club,.

Rugby League sucks ATM. So many entitled pricks playing it.

You're wearing a jersey that is a representation of the club who both pays and employs you. It's seperate to your individual beliefs. Suck it up, hold to your beliefs, and wear your work uniform. I hate and don't trust people in suits , but I have to wear one.
This is what kills me most of all, Ryan: the players in question aren't refusing to wear a "Pride" jersey, they are refusing to wear a Manly jersey. Sure, it's got some different colours on the stripes, but first and foremost, it's a Manly jersey. You wear it because Manly is your club. You wear it because you are part of a team. It might have different logos on it from week to week, it might plug betting sponsors or, worse still, Marvel movies, but it is your team's jersey.

And for those of you who think, "Oh, it's only a token gesture and is just 'virtue signalling'", what do you think the players refusing to wear it are signalling?

I don't blame the players as much as I blame the less visible knob-ends around them who have somehow convinced them that refusing to play for their club and their mates is a valid reaction to having their feelings hurt by not being consulted about the addition of rainbow-coloured stripes to the jersey, and used this as an opportunity to leap into a "culture war" when the culture moved past them decades ago.

My take.

You're wearing a jersey that is a representation of the club who both pays and employs you.
To which jersey are you referring? The traditional maroon and white one which the players signed up to wear and which we fans pay to support. Or:
The Black one that promotes gambling?
The Community one that looks like the bottom section was wrapped in blue duct tape?
The Indigenous one?
The Pepsi Retro one?
The Women in League one?
Or this latest one that pushes gender issues and is at odds with the religious and cultural beliefs of many players, their families and supporters?
I hope that you are not advocating that you sell out your principles and beliefs just because your employer pays you? If so, you are are a mercenary and not the person I thought you were.

Even before the PRIDE jersey was released I was over the special jerseys every few weeks, have been for years.
I understand the reason behind them but it seems more of a money grab.
I like the tradition of two jerseys and not changing them every two or three years.

I only ever brought the Home jerseys and once an away jersey.
But I'm actually going to buy the heritage jersey from last week

To which jersey are you referring? The traditional maroon and white one which the players signed up to wear and which we fans pay to support. Or:
The Community one that looks like the bottom section was wrapped in blue duct tape?
The Indigenous one?
The Pepsi Retro one?
The Women in League one?
Or this latest one that pushes gender issues and is at odds with the religious and cultural beliefs of many players, their families and supporters?
I hope that you are not advocating that you sell out your principles and beliefs just because your employer pays you? If so, you are are a mercenary and not the person I thought you were.

If I'm employed to wear a jersey with advertisements and messages on them (and I'm talking paid way more than you and I), they could draw dicks with bright purple testicles on them if I'm asked to, for all I care. Doesn't mean I want dicks with purple testicles myself.

And people tell ME to toughen up!

If I'm employed to wear a jersey with advertisements and messages on them (and I'm talking paid way more than you and I), they could draw dicks with bright purple testicles on them if I'm asked to, for all I care. Doesn't mean I want dicks with purple testicles myself.

And people tell ME to toughen up!
So if your boss told you to wear a see through thong with nothing else to work tomorrow, thats ok?

Totally agree Bearfax. But a word of warning. Do not go onto Twitter with that common sense view. I tried. Lucky to get out of there alive. The gist of it was, if you don’t want to be inclusive, we’re going to "bash the shiit out of you lot until you do become inclusive ". (Swear to god, that was one of the tamer ones!). It’s my own fault. I remember @Mark from Brisbane warning of the pitfalls of the Twitter verse. Should’ve listened.
What’s so ridiculous about the bashing you speak of, is (a) how hypocritical it is and (b) counterintuitive. People don’t change their minds or consider alternative views, when they’re being attacked, not to mention the hypocrisy of advocating for inclusion whilst excluding anyone who disagrees.

Social media (on occasions) has really brought out the worst in people.

This is what kills me most of all, Ryan: the players in question aren't refusing to wear a "Pride" jersey, they are refusing to wear a Manly jersey. Sure, it's got some different colours on the stripes, but first and foremost, it's a Manly jersey. You wear it because Manly is your club. You wear it because you are part of a team. It might have different logos on it from week to week, it might plug betting sponsors or, worse still, Marvel movies, but it is your team's jersey.

And for those of you who think, "Oh, it's only a token gesture and is just 'virtue signalling'", what do you think the players refusing to wear it are signalling?

I don't blame the players as much as I blame the less visible knob-ends around them who have somehow convinced them that refusing to play for their club and their mates is a valid reaction to having their feelings hurt by not being consulted about the addition of rainbow-coloured stripes to the jersey, and used this as an opportunity to leap into a "culture war" when the culture moved past them decades ago.

Thank GOD they weren't serious coke Zero drinkers and vehemently against Pepsi Max last week. Would could have had an absolute exodus.

James Graham said it right on NRL 360 - this isn't the cause to make a stand. There's an important game of footy on in a very important part of the season.

He's like, it's just colours on Jersey, and he's spot on.

All these players have done, is driven on the fence fans away, which in part affects their incoming revenue and TV ratings. Well done.

The Indigenous one?
The Pepsi Retro one?
The Women in League one?
Is it still a true traditional jersey with sponsor logos plastered over it? And if so, why is it OK to say those symbols and messages are acceptable as part of a "traditional" jersey, yet other logos or messages are not? Is it because they pay for it? So, we accept money as the determining factor for defining tradition? It gets complicated, Who.

And just quietly, the subtle flaming when describing this latest jersey in your list while avoiding any judgement with the others lacks objectivity.

Ask this simple question. I invite a Jewish friend to dinner. I offer food contrary to his religious Kosher beliefs. Should he be forced to eat the food because I had gone out of my why to pay for his meal? Same issue
Dietary rights vs Human rights? Hmm...

That's illegal for starters. Try and use a realistic example. This doesn't affect performance and is legal.
So you would refuse because its illegal aka not allowed within Australian laws? How is that any different to a religious person refusing because its not allowed within the laws of their religion?
(Also, I dont think its explicity illegal in all workplaces)

Thank GOD they weren't serious coke Zero drinkers and vehemently against Pepsi Max last week. Would could have had an absolute exodus.

James Graham said it right on NRL 360 - this isn't the cause to make a stand. There's an important game of footy on in a very important part of the season.

He's like, it's just colours on Jersey, and he's spot on.

All these players have done, is driven on the fence fans away, which in part affects their incoming revenue and TV ratings. Well done.
I actually think this game will have a lot of people tuning in to be honest, especially with the ****storm that’s occurred

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8