Sharks = no hopers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
You can write the Sharks premiership hopes off with that performance. They dominated everything (possession, metres, refs were helping them etc.) for 60 minutes and almost lost.

You have to remember the Sharks always step up against us. They should of beat us last year as well. They played very well in the 1st half and deserved to win. Still hated seeing them with a trophy though.

Their forwards totally dominated that game for sixty minutes..

I don't think even their most diehard fans would think they could do much more than scrape into the 8.

Credit to them, they outplayed and beat the premiers convincingly.

Good luck to them.

I can't begrudge them that win, they were dominant in the first half, and though a couple of decisions favoured them I think they deserved it, especially after last year. We'll get them next time.

Anyhow, a reality check won't do our millionaire champions any harm at this time of year.

The Sharks aren't too bad. They should have been 2-0 heading into this game. Robbed by the Refs in round 1 (it can happen to other sides, not just us) and should have destroyed the Knights last week if the last passs would have stuck.

Carney will be much better for them at five eight and they have pretty good pack. I think the Sharks can scrape into the bottom half of the 8.

I think the point he's trying to make is that they led by 17, had all the posession, all the field position and all the dominance, yet still managed to almost lose the game. They were very lucky we were off our game.

Stevo said:
I think the point he's trying to make is that they led by 17, had all the posession, all the field position and all the dominance, yet still managed to almost lose the game. They were very lucky we were off our game.

Exactly my point thanks Stevo.

The sharkies had their fair share of luck but we gave the ball back to them plenty of times.
They deserved their win and did well. Not really good form to call them no hopers as they just beat us.
Anyway they're coming to Brookie later in the year and we'll even it up.

44 tackles in our 20 - 17 points after 80 minutes.
Manly were tackled six times in their 20, for14 points after 80 minutes.

One of those 'ones that got away' stories.

The big difference was the plays they made stuck: catching the ball, staying on tackles (not slipping off). It was like Souths when they are on. There are those games where everything you do just sticks. Unfortunately for Manly we've never been able to win those games.

Eventually though we catch the opposition on these games but leave it too late to actually win the game. We did it against Souths in Round 4 last year at Gosford, and we did it again last night.

Doesn't mean the Sharks are a good team and doesn't mean we have problems. We have a little (or big) problem now with 3 of our rep players out and coming up against the Dragons. Time to bring out that Round 2 2011 passion again I think boys!!!

lloydy said:
They were good mate, credit where its due. But they still got nothing in their trophy cabinet.

The Steve Rogers Memorial Trophy should now be in their Trophy cabinet.

Manly played dumb and the Sharks attacked the newbies on our left = Win.

Good wishes to their much maligned Supporters - 1 out of 10 win ratio. Something we at Manly never had to endure. :)

bob dylan said:
I don't think even their most diehard fans would think they could do much more than scrape into the 8.

You are right, i work with a Cronulla supporter and he said just getting in the top 8 would be like winning a GF for them this year lol.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6