Pre-Game Sharks v Manly [Round 21, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 30
PointsBet Stadium
23 Jul 2023 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Mate, I am mystified that some people see his inclusion in the side as worthwhile. I'm actually starting to think this is some Silvertails joke and old school posters are winding me up.
I don't mind having him around on minimum wage. Seems like a good dude and has a lot of experience. And also happy for him to play off the bench for 20 minutes if we are short of troops.

BUT

No way he should play if our other props are fit.

I don't mind having him around on minimum wage. Seems like a good dude and has a lot of experience. And also happy for him to play off the bench for 20 minutes if we are short of troops.

BUT

No way he should play if our other props are fit.
I agree. If he was being used in that fashion I wouldn't be posting or thinking about him. Siebold said that was how he was going to be utilised when he first arrived. But to watch the pathetic, soft rubbish he has dished up each week be continually rewarded with ongoing selection p1sses me off. Especially when there are much better players running around in NSW Cup.

So this weekend represents yet another chance for these individuals in Manly colours to snap out of their self-entitled stupor and play to justify the investment in them.

7 out of the last 24….think it will happen?. It’s a. Intriguing puzzle but I am preparing myself for disappointment.

NYEagle

1690023164468.png

Looks like Ben Kennedy is lining up for the Sharks tomorrow. lol

So this weekend represents yet another chance for these individuals in Manly colours to snap out of their self-entitled stupor and play to justify the investment in them.

7 out of the last 24….think it will happen?. It’s a. Intriguing puzzle but I am preparing myself for disappointment.

NYEagle
7 out of 25 is my guess by 6pm tomorrow. What a joke club.

This is the last roll of the dice. Knights win today has them basically a win ahead of us on F/A, so we need to win 1 more game than them.

Win and we're 1-pt outside the 8 with a chance to leapfrog some teams if Canberra beat the Knights, and Melb beat the Eels - and we still wont be in the 8 if we win in coming 2 weeks.

Lose and we're 13th, behind Dolphins & Roosters, needing to win 2 more games than those above us (at least) with 6 games left. And we have Warriors (away) Roosters (away) and full-strength Panthers (Home) to come.

Yeah its our Grand Final this weekend, and most weekends until September.

Well just did a ladder predictor, and the most likely team we displace from the 8 is the sharks. And thats with the only losses I acknowledged being Panthers at home/Warriors away. IE we have to beat the Roosters away. with the bloody titans playing them back into form, might not be realistic given how close it was in the home-ground of Brookvale.

We'll be relying on other results even at this stage, but lose tomorrow and other results are the only thing that will allow us a spot in the 8, as well as needing to win against more fancied opponents.

Well just did a ladder predictor, and the most likely team we displace from the 8 is the sharks. And thats with the only losses I acknowledged being Panthers at home/Warriors away. IE we have to beat the Roosters away. with the bloody titans playing them back into form, might not be realistic given how close it was in the home-ground of Brookvale.

We'll be relying on other results even at this stage, but lose tomorrow and other results are the only thing that will allow us a spot in the 8, as well as needing to win against more fancied opponents.

Technically the Fins, Chooks, Knights and Manly are all still alive in the race to play finals footy, albeit from a very low probability.

Rd 21 We have 7 games remaining, 14 possible points, it would take 6 wins from 7 games to finish on 33 points. Which still would be no guarantee pending other results. Pretty sure the seasons already well and truly over for us, we have trouble going back to back these days let alone going on a 6 or 7 game winning streak.

Anyway below is a corrected ladder with all sides credited with their 3 byes, it’s more of a live ladder than the NRL’s not so live ladder.

Its fair to believe 32 will be the cut off for the 8 (could still be 30 or 34 pending results) we’re currently 5 points adrift, while mathematically still a chance, even with a loss tomorrow where still mathematically a chance, but in reality we‘re hundreds and drifting, a loss tomorrow should see us looking to next year, a win puts us in 11th 3 points adrift, keeping the dream alive for the dreamiest at heart.

Broncos 34- 131
Panthers 30 - 203
Warriors 30 - 111
Storm 28 - 71
Cows 28 - 57
Sharks 26 - 102
Slime 26 - 89
Vermin 26 - 76

Raiders 26 - -56
Knights 23 - 50
Fins 22 - 03
Chooks 22 - 94
Manly 21 - -35
Titans 20 - -52
Dogs 18- -236
Goons 16 - -133
Tigs 12 - -199

Last edited:

Its possible we beat the Panfers and the Worriers, we are absolutely no hope of beating the Dragons.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10