Should Lyon retire?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mike, the difference is that with Foran/DCE we had to stump up the cash to keep them.

With Snake/Matai/Lyon leaving we have a full piggy bank to replace them and aforeknowledge to find the players we want. I would be surprised if at least on replacement hasn't already agreed terms.

Picture your missus with a no limit credit card for the day.

Yeah Lyon leaves us with 600k and his replacement is already with us (Walker)

Snake leaves us with 600k and his replacement is already here (Turbo)

Skivvi would presumably be on around 500k also so that leaves us with

1700k to spend on a 5/8, and a centre replacement

Agree, and you can bet your Hex poppin that a short list has been compiled and their managers already spoken to. You would. Guaranteed Bozo has.

As I said earlier, with that sort of money we ain't looking for mugs, we will be looking for top shelf.

You also need to factor in that when snake does leave TT will get an upgrade.

Even when he's off he's still first grade material. Better than most other centers out there. I think this is his last year but it's up to him and the pennises. We have just been spoilt having probably the best center in football in recent years and have very high expectations.

It's only up to Lyon if he wants to play on somewhere. If he wants to play another year at Manly, then that is entirely up to the club. His deal is up. They are under no obligation to sign him and if they don't think it's in the best interest of the club, they won't. And you kind of get the feeling they won't.

If there is no one better on offer i hope he gets 1 more year. We really do not have anyone ready within our ranks at this stage.

Mike, the difference is that with Foran/DCE we had to stump up the cash to keep them.

With Snake/Matai/Lyon leaving we have a full piggy bank to replace them and aforeknowledge to find the players we want. I would be surprised if at least on replacement hasn't already agreed terms.

Picture your missus with a no limit credit card for the day.
G'day all, I appreciate the difference in the scenarios as you say Woodsie,but i was trying to convey the point that ideally the best outcome would be to have to replace such great players for us over a period of time rather than all at once.
As far as picturing my missus with a no limit credit card i can tell you she was born on the Isle of Bute, so i'm sure you can appreciate her heritage,and the only two words in her lexicon are canny and thrift.In fact i would go as far as to say you could give Madge Walker everyone on this forums credit cards and she wouldn't spend a penny on any of them.But i still love her dearly.
cheers mike

I really dont think Killer has played that bad this year.
Our halves are just not passing the ball.
If he wants to go around again next year I'll be happy with that.

I think this is his last year but it's up to him and the pennises.
Cracked me up with that one, rofl
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7