Should we consider playing a season at the SCG?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duff link said:
That's not a quote from me!!!
How the hell did you do that, Tookey?

No idea.  I think that I might have accidently deleted some of your previous response.

Watch out Duff if I can work out how to do it again as I will hurling abuse at everyone under your name and also telling all how you have now converted to the liberal party.   ;D

I have only seen 1 game at the SCG but enjoyed the day

I have seen Bluetongue mentioned a bit, I am of the understanding that we won't play any games there next season, the 2 home games taken elsewhere being 1 to Suncorp and 1 to NZ

Bluetongue has more history for us than any ground bar brookvale
its history we'd rather forget but its a decent enough ground
They cook a brilliant Mars bar thankfully because the rest of the rubbish they serve is rubbish

Shane link said:
Bluetongue has more history for us than any ground bar brookvale
its history we'd rather forget but its a decent enough ground
They cook a brilliant Mars bar thankfully because the rest of the rubbish they serve is rubbish

Manly has only played 6 home games at that dump.
Let's not start associating the Beagles with Manly again.

Duff link said:
Without conducting a survey, you'd have to think that the majority of Manly fans who go to games are from the Beaches, abnc.
That would mean the crowds would drop.

ANZ is far from a central location for a team from the noth-east corner of the city, it's a mission. Moore Park is good fun to go to if it's a Saturday & you can take your time getting there & back but it's no good on a Friday, Sunday or Monday.

How much can fixing the playing suface possibly cost? Fix that & we don't have a problem. I went for a walk on it after a recent home game & I don't remember it ever having been any different anyway.

Agree that a lot of supporters from the beaches wouldn't travel, but there are a lot of supporters that aern't in Manly as well. Me being one of them.

Anyway, i'm not saying we should leave Brookie, i just want the powers that be understand that we are serious about Brookie needing a serious update to get into the 21st Century. With the right upgrades it could be a great place to play (after grounds updated) and a class facility for corporate and general seating.

Looking into the future good quality home grounds are needed to compete with other sporting codes and compete for the corporate dollar. It is an absolute must!

Duff link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=184569.msg283428#msg283428 date=1281411823]
That's not a quote from me!!!
How the hell did you do that, Tookey?

Julia Gillard walks on water and should be treated as such

[/quote]

Be afraid, very afraid Duff.  Also sleep in on the 21st as i have already cast your postal vote for one T Abbott.  LOL

Duff link said:
I love a man in budgie smugglers and I will be voting for Tony Abbott.

tookey link said:
Be afraid, very afraid Duff.  Also sleep in on the 21st as i have already cast your postal vote for one C Abbott, because I think you're above having to line up with the masses.

[quote author=Duff link=topic=184569.msg283445#msg283445 date=1281413485]
I love a man in budgie smugglers and I will be voting for Tony Abbott.
[/quote]

Thanks for the thoughts but in Brookvale there's not much anyone can do to stop Chimpy McChimp-Chimp getting in. But I've signed on to the electoral role a few thousand times & will be doing my best.
Only for you lot too. Just to make it a marginal seat to help get funding for the ground.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6