Shows Snakes impact!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I believe Brett Stewart is almost as influential as Jordan was to the Chicago Bulls and Jagger was to the Rolling Stones. He is that good.

^ Yeah, he is. But when he pulls out halfway through a game what really costs is the backline re-shuffle. We were lucky enough to have Hiku out there, but then shifting Matai to the wing and Horo to centre is a recipe for disaster.

Seems to me that we may need to have someone like Hiku on the bench just in case Snake goes down. He's just so unreliable and yet so important to is. A reshuffle really costs us. May be able to use Hiku in a variety of ways a bit like Mortimer is used.

If we have to rely on B Stewart being on the field to win this year then we are in real trouble.

We lost because we shut up shop at half time. Melbourne were allowed to travel up field 80-90 metres each set, we turned the ball over and didn't complete our sets. The run of penalties against us didn't help but they come about due to momentum shifts.

I worry when Manly gets that far ahead so early; we never go on with it. Our big scores come against teams that are still in it at half time and get blown away in the second half.

That was a great comeback from Melbourne; they were the only team that wanted to play hard in the second half.

We should consider that taking Snake off for the second half may mean he stays on the field longer this year. He did not appear distressed so hopefully it was a precaution by Tooves when we were up by 16 points.
Agree we have to be able to win without him.
Hiku's ball handling will improve. The purples knocked the ball out twice. Something that can be worked on.
Wolfman, Tafua and a fit King plus young Jake.T as an impact player are still to be added to the team.
Blair is big so maybe he can be used as a forward option as well.

Snake was getting looked at half way through the first half - even before the rain introduced the slippery conditions. :angel:

I would not expect him to be on the field much this year - so Manly has to start exploring options now :idea:

Its foolish to keep lamenting his absence as ultimately, its a reality that needs to be acknowledged.

Watto1972 said:
I believe Brett Stewart is almost as influential as Jordan was to the Chicago Bulls and Jagger was to the Rolling Stones. He is that good.
On stage, Jagger had that pouty jerky strut, maybe he pulled a Hammy too.

Simply put nothing has changed too much, too reliant on him since 2007.
He is our team, much like when joey with knights. dce looked average without him.
A gun player 3 try assits in one half.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7