Side v Storm

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i'll be happy with a good strong game from the boys, however i think we can we this one.
i'll also b happy if someone take's the grub's head off, with in the rule's of course
:)

Will definately be a cracker of a game.. Manly by a field goal.

Side note, I missed watching the sharks game last weekend... how did Cuthbo go? I saw the team list for the Sharks this week and he hasn't made the team at all.. was he injured or was he one of Rickys towel throwers!

He was listed on the bench and he came on, but did nothing, like most of their team.  Stuart hates him so he won't get many games.  I can't figure out why they signed him. 

One thing is sure, we will need to tighten our ruck defence otherwise we will get schooled. Their modus operandi is quick play the balls and target in and around the ruck to roll up the field. Once they get you back pedalling that's when they get the room to spread.

I was a little concerned with the ease in which Cronulla made yards against us straight up the guts, and they are a side who don't have anywhere near the talent that the Scum have. The policing of the ruck will be a big issue in this game, if we are able to adopt their wrestle tactics and slow down the ruck then we will have time to get markers and edge defenders set. If the ref gives them a ride then we will struggle I feel. Needs a big defensive commitment from us, but if we are strong in the middle we can win as I don't feel the Storm have the attacking clout they have had in the past, they haven't scored a lot of points this year and have only scraped through with wins in 4 of their games.

Of course the other thing we need to do is smash Grub Slater everytime his touches the ball. 

Melbourne are specials after the field goal penalty against them last weekend. We will cop the even up

I think Finch is a key to this game.  Shut him down, or pressure his time and you can force him into errors.  Give him time and space and he'll link with Inglis and there's trouble  I think we can win this out wide.  Hold them in the forwards and as C & C said, slow their ruck speed.  Kick away from Slater and get the ball to Lyon.  Eagles by 8, even with the ref on their side, and when are they not?     

From the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagle News e-mail that I received today:

This week’s Inside Word from coach Brandon Costin is as follows:

Vic Mauro, who was named in the QCup side for tomorrow’s game, has been promoted to the Manly NRL side following Brent Kite’s suspension.  We will be cheering Vic on, as he has played many games for the Sunshine Coast, including the premiership winning 2009 Grand Final.  Mauro is a fine example of the Sunshine Coast providing development for players through the QRL to enable them to then step up to NRL games.

-          Jamie Buhrer has again this week been named as 18th man for the Manly Sea Eagles.

I didn't think Des would give Buhrer his first game, in Melbourne.

Go Vic!

And don't let those QLD'ers claim you.

Duff link said:
I didn't think Des would give Buhrer his first game, in Melbourne.

He couldn't put Buhrer in cause we've lost Kite, so replacing kite with a big bopper was always going to happen. Buhrer will get a taste of NRL, probably against the lesser teams.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=183005.msg259310#msg259310 date=1271404357]
yeah I heard that too, not too worried about him, he will be short of a gallop and I dont rate him anyway

One day soon, the whole sport will be short of a Gallop.
[/quote]

we can only hope

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=183005.msg259310#msg259310 date=1271404357]
yeah I heard that too, not too worried about him, he will be short of a gallop and I dont rate him anyway

One day soon, the whole sport will be short of a Gallop.
[/quote]

applaud.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7