Siebold Tactics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with your lines of questioning. Especially on point 2. We used to get Saab (and Koula to a lesser extent) way more early ball - even from our own half. Saab is the fastest guy in the comp - if not in the top three - so let's give the guy a chance to show the speed. He'll burn guys on the outside.
The early balls that Saaby used to get came mostly from Tommy's line breaks and short side plays. Hopefully it'll resume again this Sunday.

Just look at how hard & fast the backs in last night’s game were running the ball back - where is that urgency & determination in our team?

That’s got nothing to do with the forwards winning the middle.
True and interesting, but on our forwards, listing to Paseka’s media interview, where he answered a question about his game with all he wants to do is his job, (which is good) but it has to be more than that or we won’t ever compete with the top sides.

Asked about his job, I’m a ball runner (yes good) but asked about hitting, (after mentioning his realised how big he is) ohh that’s not really my job , I’ll leave that to Jake and Kep, so Seib‘s is obviously in their heads about their roles, (obviously, but my point is not in the best way) watching Leota and Fish last night, they play footy, they run hard, they hit hard and they don’t just do a job (their job) the absolutely bust a gut for their side in every aspect, as do all their players, like you mentioned their backs contribute an amazing amount, (ours sadly lack the effort and commitment in comparison) even their halves do more than just ball play, they all work their asses off all game, compare that to us and then measure that against the fact they do it week in week out, (must be great being a Riff supporter at the moment)

We need our boys to all start realising they have to work harder, get fitter and bust a gut for our side not just do a job. I was going through some game stats earlier and it’s interesting that the riff like the ball in play (re minutes the balls in play) and enjoy the work load playing big minutes, we on the other hand play no where near the minutes they do with the ball in play on average, hence the difference in fitness and game speed v ours, where not working to play big minutes and it shows, we can’t stay in the game when that happens, the goods sides like to play and play uptempo, we fatigue out and make errors (mostly missed tackles and poor completions) the other killer stat I noticed was our kick defusal’s, we’re hopeless at it and lose the majority of games where we lose that stat, we have much to work on but their are a couple of key areas we can improve on.

I hope we can just play with more effort this Sunday and match the defensive effort we made against both South’s and Melbourne, our missed tackle rate against both those sides where first class and should be reviewed as how we win footy games even though we may have been robbed against the vermin. I’d also like Seib’s to fire the boys up this weekend, we just need to find the will to win.

Also - why can't anyone else be taught to kick? I know DCE is great (I love him) but come on. We need to build our kicking stocks!
Croker seems to have a decent long kicking game but he doesn't do it much; not sure why not. I think it makes him harder to replace though. If DCE gets injured, how will we get out of our own half?

Schuster and Johns can short kick. And if all else fails, Jake had one go at it earlier this year.

Croker seems to have a decent long kicking game but he doesn't do it much; not sure why not. I think it makes him harder to replace though. If DCE gets injured, how will we get out of our own half?

Schuster and Johns can short kick. And if all else fails, Jake had one go at it earlier this year.
Croker is a real confidence player. problem is he goes into his shell when he makes a howler which is way too much.

I like siebs. He seems like a very decent bloke and an intelligent bloke however it is a very unusual decision to replace a premiership winning coach with a wooden spoon winning coach.

I like siebs. He seems like a very decent bloke and an intelligent bloke however it is a very unusual decision to replace a premiership winning coach with a wooden spoon winning coach.

Probably the same reason Dragons aren't entertaining Des and looking at the younger types. Same at Dogs. Same at Sharks. Same at Cowboys.

Agree, then again, look who owns the joint. Even more puzzling is taking the risk so soon after the Barrett disaster, it almost as if they are trying to master foot shooting.

But I know Seibold wanted Flanagan there but I wonder if Flanagan at times sits back and mutters under his breath and thinks, I would have done it differently or done it this way but has to bite his tongue. If we dont improve with our next few games, then we could get pasted and then Seibold will be under pressure. Every game for us will be hard to win with the way we are playing at the moment. You just have to look at the Roosters/ dragons game to see what a change of attitude will do and as someone else said, we dont have any attitude at the moment

Probably the same reason Dragons aren't entertaining Des and looking at the younger types. Same at Dogs. Same at Sharks. Same at Cowboys.
The Dragons came up with entertaining footy from a new coach who inspired them to a resilient win last night
What a difference a coach makes !

I wonder how we would go if Seibs was sacked and Flanno took over... 🤔

I'm not advocating the sacking of Seibs... way too early, IMO. He needs plenty of space and time to work his craft. I think he should be given into early to mid next season to start showing his ownership and guidance of the team in a new and healthy direction.

I'm not advocating the sacking of Seibs... way too early, IMO. He needs plenty of space and time to work his craft. I think he should be given into early to mid next season to start showing his ownership and guidance of the team in a new and healthy direction.
Sacking Seibold is not the right option I agree as it is a bit too early in the season

At this early stage of the season though ...
Rookie Warriors coach Webster has set some great winning standards and has his team playing competitive top 8 footy

Yeah agree. Way too early. He should be given his three years. If we have a bad season next year then he will be under pressure in year three.

Sacking Seibold is not the right option I agree as it is a bit too early in the season

At this early stage of the season though ...
Rookie Warriors coach Webster has set some great winning standards and has his team playing competitive top 8 footy
Yes, Warriors have had a very decent first half of the season. However, it's not about the sprint. How long have they endured mediocrity and failure before getting to this point? It's about rebuilding our culture and long term success. I don't mind seeing us suffering a bit and even not making the 8 (though, just like you, want to see us playing finals this year), as long as their is a solid long term plan and commitment to make it happen.

Yes, Warriors have had a very decent first half of the season. However, it's not about the sprint. How long have they endured mediocrity and failure before getting to this point? It's about rebuilding our culture and long term success. I don't mind seeing us suffering a bit and even not making the 8 (though, just like you, want to see us playing finals this year), as long as their is a solid long term plan and commitment to make it happen.
I understand its not about the sprint

But it is imperative that after nearly half way into the season teams get off to a good positive start

I am impresses by the Rookie Warriors head coach who took over a 4th last team on the ladder and moved them up so early into the top 8
The Warriors coach has laid positive winning foundations for his team

I understand its not about the sprint

But it is imperative that after nearly half way into the season teams get off to a good positive start

I am impresses by the Rookie Warriors head coach who took over a 4th last team on the ladder and moved them up so early into the top 8
The Warriors coach has laid positive winning foundations for his team
Imperative in regards to what?

Would you prefer to go all out and focus on getting into the 8 as our over-arching goal, or do you want to rebuild that Manly winning culture of yesteryear?

For the sake of our survival as a club, I hope those in charge have bigger goals to bring us back to some kind of formidable powerhouse as a club. That will take time, a clear longer term plan, and the stomach to ride the ups and downs.

Yes, we all yearn for some shorter term success and we all hope to play finals this year. However, I don’t see it as the be all and end all. Roosters, with all their financial backing, connections and influential club leader, did not get there overnight.

Imperative in regards to what?
Imperative to our seasons build up towards the finals

I strongly believe it is imperative that a team gets to a positive start to the season with a winning momentum. That is what I meant feathered friend .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6