Sione Fainu leaving?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Stewbojevic

Reserve Grader
There is a rumour on Twitter that Sione Fainu will be at the Tigers in the next fortnight.

I’ve not seen a lot of him play but given the family connection it’s a bit worrying.

Anyone heard more?

Had been whispers and that’s likely spot on. There’s plenty of forward depth here and clearly he won’t get a run for the foreseeable future. We’re going to lose players with the development depth we have, just need to ensure the right ones are kept!

Had been whispers and that’s likely spot on. There’s plenty of forward depth here and clearly he won’t get a run for the foreseeable future. We’re going to lose players with the development depth we have, just need to ensure the right ones are kept!
You’d have to think we have other signings in the mix then, if Sione leaves we still have 3 official spots left

When I peeked at the Tigers forum when they signed Feledy there was alot of talk about signing S Fainu

Though they were confused as to if it was Sione or Samu

It is what it is, but there was some talk on here that standing by Manase was not only the right thing to do but also was to foster loyalty with the family, etc.

I'm guessing that was hearsay?

I'm certainly not begrudging any player their future, just wondering about all the details that I'll never hear of, lol. Can't stay down that pecking order forever.

3 days till footy!

Thats concerning.
Isn't he one of the younguns we wanted to keep ?
And wasn't the idea of backing Manaise to help foster loyalty to keep his brothers ?
Sione is 21 with plenty of players ahead of him and is looking for an opportunity that he isn’t going to get here. If he wants to play footy he’ll have more chance at the Tigers. I don’t blame the club or him in this situation.

Probably not just a coincidence that Wayne Lambkin, who coached Sione at Westfield Sports High is thought of highly by Sheen's. Hope they don't take too many others!

Could it be just a loan situation,then return next year when there’s a chance Taupau won’t be there?

The yellow brick Road can't stretch forever. Look at JWH stuck behind our premiership winning side back in the day just out of bad luck. He left to become a premier prop and sure we wish we had have kept him but where does he go in that side as a teenager?

It is what it is and as others have said at least its the tigers so not like he will be playing for cattle stations anytime soon.

Let's be honest, our squad is a bit unbalanced, pretty much everyone has noticed it, we have a surfeit of quality middle forwards but a bit skinny in some other areas.
Given we have premiership aspirations this year it is sensible to keep options open. These days squads keep changing even during the season. And I'm sure there'd be players quite open to coming over to Manly if an opening arises.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8