Site News/Information for the off season and the new year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
In a few weeks the site will be shut down for a day or so whilst I implement new integrations and other code to make the site a single entity again, including singular login integration etc.

I don't have any massive plans for the off season though I would like the current popularity to be sustained, without footy it may not happen (though the world cup may help [I will be opening a new world cup discussion forum too])

We may also be yet again switching systems to Wordpress if I can get around to writing a suitable tipping comp system for it, otherwise we will move to a heavily customized Joomla/WordPress since everyone is pretty much use to this forum system.

The part I want to change is people's ability to use the other areas of the site.

Moving into the lead up to the trials and the start of the season next year we will also be launching some new site features and interaction modules, including a weekly article writing competition that is judged by the members of the competition and/or the members of the site as a whole (still ironing out the details). This will be used to build some unique and quality content for the site and also turning into another project/site that I want the authors to be a part of.

At this time of year, I know we are still riding a high from the grand final, but anyone who has run a site will know that you cant rest for a second and you need to keep thinking of the next bit of content or the next idea that will keep members coming back.

So if you have time or you have some ideas for the site, please feel free to mention them to me no matter whether you think they may be silly or not, my ears are open and I want anything that you think will be good for the site.

Cheers
Dan

p.s. Happy Birthday MB, 7th of October is the day all Legends are born ;)

Go for it Dan, as long as it is back up for start of pre season training that is fine by me.

Down time will be a maximum of 1 day if that

Zep link said:
if you need any coding help dan let me know

I may well do. Depends on whether I choose to make the switch to wordpress which is looking likely at the moment to be honest!

DVS Matt link said:
Des Hasler of the forum world?

Lol it has always been a bugbear of mine that this site is only just about the forum. I have long tried to build the rest of the site and content as the main part of the site, with the forums being the interactive melting pot and point

Well done Dan. It keeps on getting better and better. Imagine how much more robust would be the Australian economy if not for you and this site, diminishing our productivity and taking hours from our work and play???? :)

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8